Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Anyone else think its strange that it releases on a Monday in the UK?
    In some ways I do but it is on a Bank Holiday Weekend, so.. yeah :x
    I have seen worlds bathed in the Makers' flames. Their denizens fading without so much as a whimper. Entire planetary systems born and raised on the playground is where i spent mosta my days, Chillin out, maxin', relaxin' all cool,An' all shootin some B-ball outside of the school,When a couple o' guys who were up to no good, Started makin' trouble in my neighbourhood, I got in one little fight and my mum got scared, She said 'You're movin with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!'

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    We shouldn't have illusions that Warcraft is something more than the comic books' version of Tolkien. It's how it was mainly developed by Metzen and Samwise, two comic books geeks, and expanded the past 20 years. That's why the MCU comparison is a good one, it's not about the tone or story but about the characters and the world.
    Nailed it pretty well. Influence from comic book works was always blatant in Warcraft, to the point of touching sci-fi aswell. While the world and the general atmosphere will be obviously close to the fantasy genre, the storytelling approach will be far closer to the MCU.

Still, I wouldn't consider "optmistic" the idea of Warcraft being a better movie than Jurassic World (that I can't call a good movie to begin with, it was "fun" but not definitely "good" in my eyes) or be in par with what Christopher Nolan did with the Batman reboot. I think this movie has all the chances to, at least, achieve these goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    Can any dutchy confirm that the movie won't be exclusively shown in 3d... Cuz this site says only in 3d and imax 3d http://www.warcraftfilm.nl/
    Normaal gesproken zijn alle films altijd in 2D beschikbaar, aangezien 3D nog steeds een soort van extra is vermelden ze dat altijd apart.
    What is worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Nailed it pretty well. Influence from comic book works was always blatant in Warcraft, to the point of touching sci-fi aswell. While the world and the general atmosphere will be obviously close to the fantasy genre, the storytelling approach will be far closer to the MCU.

Still, I wouldn't consider "optmistic" the idea of Warcraft being a better movie than Jurassic World (that I can't call a good movie to begin with, it was "fun" but not definitely "good" in my eyes) or be in par with what Christopher Nolan did with the Batman reboot. I think this movie has all the chances to, at least, achieve these goals.
    I'd go as far as to say they embrace that comic book style. All their IPs are about big heroes and recurring villains. Which is good, there aren't that many good overly-heroic high fantasy universes, and certainly none as big as Warcraft in size or popularity.

For a franchise that started so close to Warhammer, they've managed to turn it into its own thing by quite a large margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    For a franchise that started so close to Warhammer, they've managed to turn it into its own thing by quite a large margin.
    And it's sort of constantly evolving, specifically with regards to the movie, the story we'll get in this movie is much more refined (as well as the characters) than anything we've probably seen in the games (at least if we look at WoW and the recent history of Warcraft) so far, which is why the movie can even be viewed in a slightly different light than the story of the games. For all we know, it really could be worse, the same or better. I somehow doubt it'll be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    And it's sort of constantly evolving, specifically with regards to the movie, the story we'll get in this movie is much more refined (as well as the characters) than anything we've probably seen in the games (at least if we look at WoW and the recent history of Warcraft) so far, which is why the movie can even be viewed in a slightly different light than the story of the games. For all we know, it really could be worse, the same or better. I somehow doubt it'll be worse.
    It can be worse than the books (few movies aren't), but I doubt it can be worse than Warcraft 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It can be worse than the books (few movies aren't), but I doubt it can be worse than Warcraft 1.
    Do we really have a Warcraft 1 book, though? I mean, we have The Last Guardian, but that only really has to do with Khadgar and Medivh.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm patiently waiting for my local theater to open their ticket reservations for the movie. Once they do, I'm going to reserve two seats for my oldest daughter and I. She's got her Horde sweater ready
    I'm dragging my GF there kicking and screamin'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Do we really have a Warcraft 1 book, though? I mean, we have The Last Guardian, but that only really has to do with Khadgar and Medivh.
    Yeah, the First War was never told from the Horde's perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see Universal made sure to get rid of the best trailer for the movie from face of the Internet. They're so good at this.

Deleted
    Did someone download it?

Deleted
    I did.
    /tenchar

I've just ordered a Horde hoodie from Jinx, hopefullyit will arrive before the movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I've just ordered a Horde hoodie from Jinx, hopefullyit will arrive before the movie
    I plan to go and watch Warcraft at least 2 days, bought a Horde and an Alliance Shirt for the 2 days .
    Here in Brazil a major problem is the delivery date of Jinx, because i also bought a Horde shirt there, when it'll arrive is the mistery .
    Last edited by Draedarr; 2016-05-01 at 02:49 AM.

Anyone have a link to the PAX trailer

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    Anyone have a link to the PAX trailer
    http://warcraftmovie.blizzplanet.com...ows-iron-forge

It's still on that website

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont know was graphic novel's cover here in that HQ
    http://www.legendary.com/wp-content/...mic_Poster.jpg

I love the style and level of details.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Dont know was graphic novel's cover here in that HQ
    http://www.legendary.com/wp-content/...mic_Poster.jpg

I love the style and level of details.
    Me too! I absolutely love how it also gives the X impression of Y characters.

This will be epic!

This thread has been really unactive these days, is it the calm before the storm?