Hoyer signed with the Bears, and the UDFA signings will probably start popping up soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Hoyer signed with the Bears, and the UDFA signings will probably start popping up soon.
    Hoyer to the Bears is interesting. He's unlikely to start there with Cutler there. Then again, Cutler HAS missed games here and there, so maybe Hoyer is being pretty smart with where he signed.

- - - Updated - - -

Doug Baldwin on twitter:

"Dear @PeteCarroll,

We are thrilled with the new teammates.

One condition.

Nobody wears #24 for years to come.

Sincerely, The Players"

https://twitter.com/DougBaldwinJr/st...48974857916416

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Hoyer to the Bears is interesting. He's unlikely to start there with Cutler there. Then again, Cutler HAS missed games here and there, so maybe Hoyer is being pretty smart with where he signed.
    He might not have had a shot at starting anywhere, might as well go backup Cutler.

Max McCaffrey (Ed McCaffrey's son) chose to sign with the Raiders. Doubtful he would have had a shot of making Denver's roster, but kind of weird to go there....

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Doug Baldwin on twitter:

"Dear @PeteCarroll,

One condition.

Sincerely, The Players"

Hes still on the roster so nobody will be taking it unless they swap after he actually retires, which is a shit move and will likely get you castrated by fans.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just happy the Pats didn't draft fifteen players from Rutgers again. I liked their second round pick too, that CB from Alabama.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny that after 2012 very few media outlets are critical of the seahawks draft. They're just like, "yeah its aight" and move on to the next team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I find it funny that after 2012 very few media outlets are critical of the seahawks draft. They're just like, "yeah its aight" and move on to the next team.
    That's what you get for being consistent in what kind of players you pick, and being consistently good throughout that period. Patriots rarely get much critisism outside of New England for their draft picks either cause they consistently pick a certain type of player and they've made it work.

Draft reporters/media don't want to look stupid when teams turn their draft picks into productive players when they just told everyone they were terrible picks.

Very happy with the Skins draft. Like last year it looks like another knockout class. Scot McLoughan is just on another level as a GM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know how well he'll work out, but I like Dak. Interesting pick by Dallas. Still end up with a couple defensive players.

KC getting Demarcus Robinson is interesting. I want KC to succeed, and I don't think Robinson is focused enough to do anything.

Hope San Fran has fun with Jeff Driskel. He was garbage at Florida.

- - - Updated - - -

Undrafted free agent signings: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/4/3...fl-draft-udfas

Jake McGee could be a good tight end. If I remember correctly, he was speedy. Jake Coker...only Alabama would be a team with multiple national championships and have their quarterback go undrafted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey, Seattle grabbed Boykin. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Son of a Bronco becomes a Raider.

That's not something you see every day.

- - - Updated - - -

So our 7th round pick Vadal Alexander, a Guard out of LSU, was projected to be at worst a third rounder. Then he ran the slowest 40 yard dash at the combine.

The Raiders just drafted the slowest 40 yard dash at the combine.

The slowest.

The Raiders.

... did I walk into an alternative dimension?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    So our 7th round pick Vadal Alexander, a Guard out of LSU, was projected to be at worst a third rounder. Then he ran the slowest 40 yard dash at the combine.

The Raiders just drafted the slowest 40 yard dash at the combine.

The slowest.

The Raiders.

... did I walk into an alternative dimension?
    RIP Al Davis...

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how we got Andrew Billings in the 4th.

I hope he's ready to be benched in favor of Domata Peko though.

Sucks to hear about Ray Rice's son getting charged with sexual assault.

Assuming he's guilty, I'll never understand why college football starts do these things sometimes, especially Ray Rice's son.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Doug Baldwin on twitter:

"Dear @PeteCarroll,

One condition.

Sincerely, The Players"

Replace one controversial QB with someone who is the last person you want leading your offense into battle.

I feel bad for Hoyer. He had like what, two horrendous games with the Texans?

He's always shown resolve about being the starter. Getting tossed for a QB with 9 games under his belt probably gave him a serious reality check

There were some pretty interesting guys that got drafted this year. Cowboys took a basketball player that did not play football in high school or college, the German did not even start playing football until he was 17, Denver took an Aussie rules football guy that has been playing american football for only 4 years (punters/kickers are somewhat common from there though), and the Pats wr that wrote a kids book story was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Happens when you draft well. Only certain people seem to have been critical of Denver's drafts since Elway took over too.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I feel bad for Hoyer. He had like what, two horrendous games with the Texans?

He's always shown resolve about being the starter. Getting tossed for a QB with 9 games under his belt probably gave him a serious reality check
    Hoyer is basically the definition of an average starting QB, but teams for some reason won't just run with him and build other places on the roster. This applies to guys like McCown (who is a little better), Blaine Gabbert and to some extent Colt McCoy and Derek Anderson.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-05-01 at 05:08 PM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember his name, but the WR the pats picked that was like illiterate until a couple years ago people are saying could be a nice pick. Dedicates himself and played in a pro style offense. Would be nice to finally draft a decent WR (minus Edelman, and technically they made him into a WR).

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    There were some pretty interesting guys that got drafted this year. Cowboys took a basketball player that did not play football in high school or college, the German did not even start playing football until he was 17, Denver took an Aussie rules football guy that has been playing american football for only 4 years (punters/kickers are somewhat common from there though), and the Pats wr that wrote a kids book story was cool.

Happens when you draft well. Only certain people seem to have been critical of Denver's drafts since Elway took over too.

Hoyer is basically the definition of an average starting QB, but teams for some reason won't just run with him and build other places on the roster. This applies to guys like McCown (who is a little better), Blaine Gabbert and to some extent Colt McCoy and Derek Anderson.

Agreed.

I keep hearing all the "it's a passing league now" crud. People don't seem to realize that, while that may be true, franchise quarterbacks don't grow on trees.

You can win it all with a mediocore quarterback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today is the last day teams can pick up 5th year options on 2013 first round draft picks. Probably going to hear about a lot of them, since there were 21 not picked up yesterday evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2013 draft was awful. Nearly the entire first round busted.

Yeah, there are some good players, but a lot of busts in this list:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...rstround-picks

Some of the declined guys might get resigned for amounts closer to their values too. Sylvester Williams's option is a little over 6 mill, which is a lot for a 2 down NT even though he played well.

That was also probably the worst QB class in draft history, completely forgot how bad it was.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-05-02 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The 2013 draft was awful. Nearly the entire first round busted.
    Whoa, seriously. Who the hell is Eric Fisher? I don't remember three Alabama players going in a row either, but at least Fluker worked out. I thought Tyler Eifert was a late-round steal, given how people reacted when he started kicking ass last year. At least we got Travis Frederick and turned him into a star.