10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    You could be right. Honestly it's so cryptic, I have no idea. Wouldn't they have said it before being invited by Blizzard? Surely they wouldn't do something against Blizzard right after receiving an invitation, that would be... counterproductive.

I don't know what to think.
    I still maintain that for the sake of the main product they don't cave in to this and create official legacy servers. Firstly because it creates a dangerous precedent and because I fully believe this would impact the real WoW and its development, either by sucking manpower or resources.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Well, that happens when the discussion frame is winners, losers and taking sides instead of calmly discussing it. I know that's a lot to ask but people have been egging that on.
    So. Much. This.

People keep turning this into a binary argument which tends to do nothing but derail the discussion into flame wars.
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I like how everybody who is on Nostalrius' side seems to think whatever Blizzard does now is in response to them.

You really think that they would change Legion to try and suit the crybaby Nostalrius folk?

That's rich.
    The best one yet was with people freaking out with the earth day tweet.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    will be a glorious day after i wake up tomorrow after the Nostalrius announcement all these butthurt Nostalrius crybabys .. the announcement will be trash *improved* pristine version which still turn out to be shit .. just go and play Kronos2 all you Nostalrius peeps are spreading too much cancer everywhere be it YT/Twitch/twitter u cant go anywhere without being harrased by Legacy *fanboys* thats not the right way to to attempt all this but well tomorrow u get a slap in ya face anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    the announcement will be *improved* pristine version
    Got nothing against that. I'm fine with both, actually. The crowd who pleaded for Legacy did not, though, and they're not all from Nostalrius.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I agree. I take part of the blame - as I've said repeatedly on the thread. I really wish we would be able to discuss it in a mature way. But is it even possible with something so emotional as this?
    Indeed. I've said it before in other discussions and I'll say it again here: An emotionally charged statement with elements of truth in it is much more likely to garner a response than a calm, well thought out post.

Honestly the hardest part of entering this discussion for me is I don't really fit into the binary discussion scheme very well, so I normally either get flamed or ignored.
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

It seems pretty difficult for the pro-Legacy crowd to separate emotion from a lot of their responses since the whole movement has a victim complex. The big mean jerkfaces at Blizz shut down their perfect little paradise and now they have a bone to pick with the world and anybody who dare question the sanctity of their God given right to play a 10 year old version of WoW.

All these years I argued Blizzard archives their work and people always said that it's impossible to get the code from Vanilla back.

https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/726590809999441921

This is basically confirmation.

Got nothing against that. I'm fine with both, actually. The crowd who pleaded for Legacy did not, though, and they're not all from Nostalrius.
    If they can expansion lock with the pristine like they basically did with EQ, and slowly mod the code over the years to more be like what it was during that era, it would suffice for me. Maybe, I don't know if that would really fix the issue some players have of never even having a chance at things like the Naxx achievement mount etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    All these years I argued Blizzard archives their work and people always said that it's impossible to get the code from Vanilla back.

People shouldn't of been gullible enough to believe this from the start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post

From a guy who hasn't worked there in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    From a guy who hasn't worked there in 10 years.
    Exactly. He has NO IDEA what is going on there now, and what they still have from back then.

People shouldn't be gullible enough to believe whatever he puts on his twitter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It seems pretty difficult for the pro-Legacy crowd to separate emotion from a lot of their responses since the whole movement has a victim complex. The big mean jerkfaces at Blizz shut down their perfect little paradise and now they have a bone to pick with the world and anybody who dare question the sanctity of their God given right to play a 10 year old version of WoW.
    This also.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Exactly. He has NO IDEA what is going on there now, and what they still have from back then.

People shouldn't be gullible enough to believe whatever he puts on his twitter.
    Why would Mark Kern lie??? It's not like he casually hinted at a tabletop RPG he's developing on his Twitter that will see a lot more traction now that he's the focal point of this movement! Preposterous! Absolutely unthinkable!

I agree, one of you should step up and be the face of our cause!

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    The best one yet was with people freaking out with the earth day tweet.
    I donno, the one yesterday where they posted the 4 models dancing and people said it meant Legacy servers were coming because the models used were the old ones was pretty special.

Why would Mark Kern lie??? It's not like he casually hinted at a tabletop RPG he's developing on his Twitter that will see a lot more traction now that he's the focal point of this movement! Preposterous! Absolutely unthinkable!
    Yeah, I said when he first joined the movement that he was just trying to get back at a former employer and get his 15 minutes of fame back. Seems I was proven right.

Deleted
    Blizzard surprise tomorrow: "All of you have been banned from retail! You get a ban, you get a ban, everybody gets a baaaaan!". I am not expecting much, I'd like to get the servers but it isn't end of the world for me. Well it might sort of be, end of my WoW experience anyway.

That is true and there are also a lot of people in the movement who've never played vanilla or things prior to cata/mop. I ran into a person recently, who was setting up a hardcore raiding guild on one of these private servers. He raved on about his knowledge of how things should work and how he desperately wants official legacy servers. Two days in he left (guild over over 100 people at that point) saying the game is too hard.

I wonder how many people know what they're asking for and assume that they'd enjoy. It certainly isn't for everyone, just like the retail isn't something for many of the veterans anymore.

Welp guys, you can stop shitting your pants, nost made a tweet stating "Dev team promised you something special......more information tormorrow". If you don't think THAT is a confirmination of legacy servers...then...idk.

Uggghhh...welp..you guys can stop bitching. I swear, this is worse than the whole WoD non-flight arguement. I'm not even trying to fly in WoD still...I haven't even tried to touch the achive for that...and thank fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Welp guys, you can stop shitting your pants, nost made a tweet stating "Dev team promised you something special......more information tormorrow". If you don't think THAT is a confirmination of legacy servers...then...idk.

Uggghhh...welp..you guys can stop bitching. I swear, this is worse than the whole WoD non-flight arguement. I'm not even trying to fly in WoD still...I haven't even tried to touch the achive for that...and thank fuck.
    If you get your hopes up for every single tweet and hint like that, you sure must be used to getting your hopes crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    You get a zone that's probably 4-5 times bigger, more dense with mobs, 3 dimensional, tons of objects to interact with, interactive events, phasing. The game is more elaborate now, so ofc things take longer to produce and will seem like less content from a consumption PoV. Dismissing the quality of the zones in your argument is downright silly.
    phasing is one of the worst things i hate about the current game. cross realm and phasing and being unable to see other players, get into some brawl and suddenly he disappears because he crossed some boundary or never see him in the first place because hes in a different quest phase.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post

I was thinking what they should do is make flying unlocked in tiers. The first tier in Legion makes you allowed to fly for like 5s, then your Gryphon has this retard animation where he just can't fly anymore. Chance on flying to just drop you off the mount. Then is gets progressively better........................... LOL