Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    He mentioned fatality rates. You post crime rates. Nor did you post any comparison to the areas he mentioned.

Not saying you are wrong or he right right. Just saying you are answering with the wrong info.
    Last of the three graphs
    I knew exactly what I was posting.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Last of the three graphs
    I knew exactly what I was posting.

What is the rates in the areas he mentioned?

What is the rates in the areas he mentioned?
    His claim: USA's fatality rates are higher than those of even the Gaza Strip.

my evidence: USA murder rates are lower than they've been since the 1960s (actually it's the 1950s but the graph I posted doesn't go back that far).

Gaza's murder rate in 2012 was 7.4 per 1000.

http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/west.../homicide-rate

In the US in the same year, per the above graph, it was 4.7 per 1000.

10+ Year Old Account
    His claim: USA's fatality rates are higher than those of even the Gaza Strip.

my evidence: USA murder rates are lower than they've been since the 1960s (actually it's the 1950s but the graph I posted doesn't go back that far).

http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/west.../homicide-rate

In the US in the same year, per the above graph, it was 4.7 per 1000.

Hmm. Might have to do some more research. This link shows Gaza has a lower rate than The US.

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/VC.IHR.PSRC.P5

This site shows the same thing. US has more violent crime than Isreal
    (Not sure if it includes data from Gaza or not. I can't find a separate listing on that site.)

http://www.numbeo.com/crime/country_...=United+States
    http://www.numbeo.com/crime/country_...country=Israel
    Found Gaza and it shows lower than the US.
    http://www.numbeo.com/crime/city_res...tory&city=Gaza

I'm not trying to shit on my own country here, just trying to see what is true and what isn't
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2016-05-01 at 02:20 AM.

Hmm. Might have to do some more research. This link shows Gaza has a lower rate than The US.

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/VC.IHR.PSRC.P5
    I'm going to take a wild guess, given that we have two reliable pieces of information that both cannot be correct within the same context, that this being Israel+The West Bank + Gaza, that number is going to wildly vary depending how one counts the population of "the West Bank" in particular, and if one lumps Gaza in with it. And of course, how one defines "murder", as in, are Israeli troops committing murder or are Palestinian terrorists/resistence fighters committing murder.

And this is why no good ever comes from comparing anything to the fucking Palestinians and Israelis.

I mean you want a joke? I usually use this site to pull data, because it aggrates data from reliable global sources:
    http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...States/Economy

And it doesn't even DO Gaza crime. But it does do Israel.
    http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...d-States/Crime

Gaza though?

Big 'ol 404.

If they are really stupid enough to attack Sweden than they can enjoy their final days thanks to starting WW3. I dare them.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2016-05-01 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    If they are really stupid enough to attack Sweden than they can enjoy their final days thanks to starting WW3. I dare them.
    It's probably far more likely that our friends in NATO would tell Russia something like "Oh, no. Don't attack Sweden, they are sorta nice" and then a few weeks later no one gives a damn anymore. A bit like what happened in Ukraine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to take a wild guess, given that we have two reliable pieces of information that both cannot be correct within the same context, that this being Israel+The West Bank + Gaza, that number is going to wildly vary depending how one counts the population of "the West Bank" in particular, and if one lumps Gaza in with it. And of course, how one defines "murder", as in, are Israeli troops committing murder or are Palestinian terrorists/resistence fighters committing murder.

And this is why no good ever comes from comparing anything to the fucking Palestinians and Israelis.

I mean you want a joke? I usually use this site to pull data, because it aggrates data from reliable global sources:
    http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...States/Economy

And it doesn't even DO Gaza crime. But it does do Israel.

Gaza though?

Big 'ol 404.

Yeah thats kinda the problem I was having. Finding reliable info about Gaza is pretty hard atm.

Russia has already annexed Crimea and would love to fully conquer Ukraine. Can't turn your back on em.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Sweden should remain neutral and drop on its knees and ask for forgiveness from Russia for even considering it.
    Sweden is too busy being on their knees infront of their current islamic overlords to do anything, before they deal with that situation.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sweden is a direct democracy right? (Or is that Switzerland?)

Just put it to a vote.

Compare Ukraine and Turkey. One is a NATO member, shot down a Russia jet with no repercussions. The other got invade and is fighting for dear life.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it 7.4 per 100,000?

For a second there I though my country actually wasn't more dangerous than a freaking warzone... 25~ per 100k. 59/100k in my city. Gotta move. :P
    Last edited by Nerdgasm; 2016-05-01 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Just like all of America, no difference.
    What has America to do with it? But yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    As per my knowledge, Russia sports 10 military bases outside of Russia's borders...
    This indicates that any accusation of aggression and/or the will thereof is severely exaggerated fear mongering.
    If we see Russia with it's 10 bases as such a threat, how do we qualify the US with it's nearly 800 offshore bases?

Everything into perspective lads, everything into perspective.
    Get some toilet paper before you shit your pants over some imaginary threat..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    whats the big advantage of an island compared to a base in germany/poland/latvia/estonia/lithuania?.
    Sweden is the key to a succefull support if the ruskies attack the Batlics.
    There is no way the logistics can work without bases and material on Swedish soil.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    As per my knowledge, Russia sports 10 military bases outside of Russia's borders...
    This indicates that any accusation of aggression and/or the will thereof is severely exaggerated fear mongering.
    If we see Russia with it's 10 bases as such a threat, how do we qualify the US with it's nearly 800 offshore bases?

Everything into perspective lads, everything into perspective.
    Get some toilet paper before you shit your pants over some imaginary threat..
    Those countries can ask us to leave, you know. They have and we did leave a couple, though I'm sure Skroe could probably tell you which ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Honest question - why do anti-EU people always use "United States of Europe" as a snarl term? Does anyone really think that the USA is badly organized or that any states are being oppressed and bullied by the evil federal government? I get that there are cultural and historical lines that people have an interest in preserving which would make a political union unfeasible, but why pick the US of all places as an example of sovereignty-wrecking federal tyranny?
    Puerto Rico the people living there are US citizens but cant vote in the election cause of a bill describing them as inferior races. I think that may be part of your reason.
    P.S Obama signed of a continuation of that bill as well so it's not something that was written ages ago and peoplw forgot to change . It's actually something that Needs to be renewed

Sorry for typos am writing this from my phone

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Honest question - why do anti-EU people always use "United States of Europe" as a snarl term? Does anyone really think that the USA is badly organized or that any states are being oppressed and bullied by the evil federal government? I get that there are cultural and historical lines that people have an interest in preserving which would make a political union unfeasible, but why pick the US of all places as an example of sovereignty-wrecking federal tyranny?
    The US system of gouvernment may work for them, but I'd rather have a different system more akin to the ones we use in Europe (and are not England). :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Those countries can ask us to leave, you know. They have and we did leave a couple, though I'm sure Skroe could probably tell you which ones.
    I think you missed the point I made

But then, you aren't really correct either. Ask Cuba how far asking gets you.
    Guantanamo Bay. Cuban territory, repeatedly requested to be abandoned. So far outright ignored.

Yet like I said, you did miss my point.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I think you missed the point I made

But then, you aren't really correct either. Ask Cuba how far asking gets you.
    Guantanamo Bay. Cuban territory, repeatedly requested to be abandoned. So far outright ignored.

Yet like I said, you did miss my point.
    Yes, but that's Cuba. :P

Do you have to pull the one example where the US has an actual lease? :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.