Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What the guy above me said, plus:

WoW is a HEAVILY CPU bound game.

You can run full Ultra settings at native 1080p (I.E. NOT render scale 200%, which is running at 4K) on an R9 380 or GTX 960. WoW is just not that demanding of a game on a GPU.

Its a CPU issue, and not one that is fixable. WoW is heavily single-thread dependent, because of the nature of how draw calls are handled on any client/server game where the server has to OK what is going on on the screen (which is why mkst other MMOs are also heavily CPU and single thread bound, its not an engine failure, but a reality of how client/server server-dominant code works) - there are people with massively overclocked 5.5ghz+ rigs with custom liquid cooling and even hey cant maintain 60fps at all times in hevaily crowded areas. And like the guy above me stated, Garrison is phased, so it is literally more crowded than capital cities.

No amount of GPU power will "fix" it - you could have quad sli Titan Xs and it wouldnt matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    everyone else that is in their garrison is there too even though you do not see them. It is worse than being in a congested major city, as far as your PC is concerned.
    Bullshit, FPS is fine on my PC and I only have an i5-6500 and a 960.

https://i.imgur.com/KyEtO2v.png

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    WoW is a HEAVILY CPU bound game.

You can run full Ultra settings at native 1080p (I.E. NOT render scale 200%, which is running at 4K) on an R9 380 or GTX 960. WoW is just not that demanding of a game on a GPU.
    WoW is heavy on the CPU with the tasks that use the CPU, and thus, limited in most situations by it.

Pushing higher resolutions however is mostly dependent on the GPU. It's just that big of a difference going from 1080p to 4k. The card has to push roughly 4 times more pixels and whilst the scaling isn't perfectly linear it's still a ton of extra work. I would bet that if you threw an another 980 TI at it it'd fix the garrison FPS but you'd still be limited by the CPU in the tasks that rely more heavily on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPG-1 View Post
    Bullshit, FPS is fine on my PC and I only have an i5-6500 and a 960.

https://i.imgur.com/KyEtO2v.png
    Then you are the one special snowflake in the entire world capable of maintaining 60 FPS at all times. The only bullshit here is your post.

Everything in my post above is accurate.

Then you are the one special snowflake in the entire world capable of maintaining 60 FPS at all times. The only bullshit here is your post.

That place is so poorly optimized, I think Blizzard got it just to the point that it wouldn't crash and then left it "as is". No matter where I look my fraps will always very. My question is are people getting an ugly lag spike when they go from the Garrison to the Shipyard...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Nothing to be disappointed about, WoW is CPU heavy, my GPU barely gets used with it - but I can guarantee my FPS will be a shit-ton higher in any new decently optimised game. Also you're lacking the SSAA x4 option enabled... that's about the only thing I could read.
    Um...yes WOW is CPU heavy. But even WOW at 4k is too much for one GPU, even a 980ti. People don't realize how difficult it is to render games at 4k. No, not even a 980ti is enough. Yes, it will drop under 60 even with a 980ti.

Deleted

If it's accurate why am I getting 82~100 FPS in my garrison at all times at 2560x1440 ultra with mediocre hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by ESPG-1 View Post
    If it's accurate why am I getting 82~100 FPS in my garrison at all times at 2560x1440 ultra with mediocre hardware?
    Because you are not. Feel free to record a 5 min video and post it, while moving all around your garrison, during prime-time hours when there are lots of people in their garrison. We will be waiting.

You are also not at full Ultra.

I agree, post that up. Youll be e-famous.

Does the OP have an SSD? Standard drives might be your bottleneck.

I can buy an SSD and the FPS is the same with 8x MSAA at the same spot in the Garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    I can buy an SSD and the FPS is the same with 8x MSAA at the same spot in the Garrison.
    Well an SSD would make a difference if you have a standard drive for sure. However after looking up your two cards I'm sorry to say the upgrade isn't huge.

What about an I7 4790K instead of i5 4690k?

You must be trolling, go ahead and buy new items that are slight upgrades without buying an SSD first. Heck buy the most expensive GPU and CPU to ensure max fps and make sure you get a 4k monitor too.

I am planning to buy a i7 4790k and a 500GB SSD.

10+ Year Old Account
    A 980 TI should dominate this game at 60 fps 4k even.

My specs:
    i5 4670k @ 4.2ghz
    980 ti @ 1490mhz

60fps @ 4k. Mix of high/ultra with AA set to CMAA (No need for real AA at 4k). Some special effects off = SSAO/Depth effects (They look like garbage)

Can jump to 50-55 during some big particle effects during Kazzak with 40 people, but only for moments. Rest of time it's fine. Could even drop shadows down to low or medium to help keep consistent. But high shadows look massively different to medium, they are much stronger on the environment. Y

If you buy a high end computer or components and don't maximize them you are missing out. Lel at the guy in this thread saying 4k is impossible.

http://i.imgur.com/e5lWqrw.jpg

You could probably max out even the filler stuff too, I tested them at ultra(sunshaft, depth effects) and didn't lose any frames in the garrison but the game looked no different. SSAO on Ultra is a filler imo too, looks barely different.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2016-05-01 at 03:14 AM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    A 980 TI should dominate this game at 60 fps 4k even.

My specs:
    i5 4670k @ 4.2ghz
    980 ti @ 1490mhz

60fps @ 4k. Mix of high/ultra with AA set to CMAA (No need for real AA at 4k). Some special effects off = SSAO/Depth effects (They look like garbage)

Can jump to 50-55 during some big particle effects during Kazzak with 40 people, but only for moments. Rest of time it's fine. Could even drop shadows down to low or medium to help keep consistent. But high shadows look massively different to medium, they are much stronger on the environment.

If you buy a high end computer or components and don't maximize them you are missing out. Lel at the guy in this thread saying 4k is impossible.

http://i.imgur.com/e5lWqrw.jpg
    This guy is trolling brother, or he doesn't seem to know what he is doing. I was trolling him after he kept throwing out that he will get huge upgrades without even having an SSD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    This guy is trolling brother, or he doesn't seem to know what he is doing. I was trolling him after he kept throwing out that he will get huge upgrades without even having an SSD.
    Yeh, I was more or less indirectly replying to that other guy who kept saying that 4k is impossible and some other stuff.

But after the OP started talking about upgrading to an i7 (lol hyper threading gonna save him for games? nope) He probably doesn't know what he is doing.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Yeh, I was more or less indirectly replying to that other guy who kept saying that 4k is impossible and some other stuff.

But after the OP started talking about upgrading to an i7 (lol hyper threading gonna save him for games? nope) He probably doesn't know what he is doing.
    Reminds me of a salesman's dream customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    News Flash: SSDs add aproximately zero frames per second.