Okay, so here's one for the conspiracy people. I was thinking about one one Moana's posts about Blizz meeting to discuss legalities of Nost becoming a Blizz supported server. Here's the conspiracy, are you ready? Mind about to be blown:
    This was all discussed, planned, and executed BEFORE NOST WAS EVEN SHUT DOWN!!! Now hear me out. Blizz has stated Legacy is something they'd like to do and always discuss, but never able to get off the ground with everything going on. They hear about this Nost server, a server that's popular amongst the Vanilla fans, and the brain wheels start turning. At some point, they start e-mailing each other and plan. Blizz approaches Nost very simply, "we can shut you down legally, but here's a better proposition, we would like to endorse you. We will negotiate a contract that states you get to manage and run a Legacy server, but you need to abide by our decisions and rules, and you can even keep some of the profits as a monthly charge will be implemented."
    Well, this is a great idea right, but how do we get it rolling to seem official? Obviously Blizz can't outright endorse them, otherwise they have to endorse all other private servers doing the same thing. So now they go back to the original statement, "let's 'shut them down.'" Also, Blizz needs someone to spearhead the movement, who would they know that has ties to WoW but no affiliation with them anymore? Enter Kern (who's entrance to the Legacy cause seems kinda convenient on its own). A man who knows Blizz with no ties to them, but if he joins the Legacy crew becomes relevant again and can promote his new game company he's working on.
    Do you guys get it!!!??? This was all planned from the get go to get right to this point! A blizzard approved Legacy server where they take little risk but still keep rights on and get a little profit while Nost stays in business and makes fans happy.
    MIND...FUCKING...BLOWN!!!
    Okay, I'm tired and wanted to be funny, please don't take this to heart and hope you all get a chuckle from it.

So many people setting themselves up for disappointment with that tweet from Nostalrius. It will probably just be some tribute video or maybe an armory with all the characters. They won't announce anything legacy server related without having met with Blizzard first.

Quote Originally Posted by shihori View Post
    So many people setting themselves up for disappointment with that tweet from Nostalrius. It will probably just be some tribute video or maybe an armory with all the characters. They won't announce anything legacy server related without having met with Blizzard first.
    I think they met with them today, didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I think they met with them today, didn't they?
    Yes, they met. Announcement about the meeting tomorrow. Wondering how many won't sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yes, they met. Announcement about the meeting tomorrow. Wondering how many won't sleep
    Did they? As far as I know, the only possible date for a meet that has been mentioned is from Mark Kern who said a few weeks from now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Almost 250,000 sigs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing that gets me is all the people bitching about new content.............yet they want nothing but old content?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Did they? As far as I know, the only possible date for a meet that has been mentioned is from Mark Kern who said a few weeks from now.
    Check my post above

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    as nice as legacy sounds and to have Windfury able to Proc off itself again i don't see it lasting. once people progress to nax how long until that burns out?
    without new stuff being added a burn out would come around eventually
    I have wondered that myself but well those that want this so badly will have to find out for themselves, that eventually they will come up to a concrete wall of nothing new after Naxx 40..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    The thing that gets me is all the people bitching about new content.............yet they want nothing but old content?
    And when they get nothing new past 1.12.1 or whatever patch then what.. If this goes ahead only time will tell whether this whole venture was worth it or not..

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Check my post above
    It doesn't say anything about them having met with Blizzard already though. Just about the only thing they could surprise me with is the announcement of legacy servers, but I very much doubt that will happened tomorrow. Would be cool though.

As I mentioned above, it will most likely be some sort of tribute video or an armory with all the characters. That is my best guess at least.

Eh, let me revise...the way I read the post is that they are setting up a meeting and will announce when it is later. I'm just assuming I must have misread it because everyone else is under the impression it happened today. I've been taking the "exciting news" Nost is tweeting about is a set date for them to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Check my post above
    Devs are making an announcement, that doesn't mean they've had a meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I've thought of that too, but different crowds man.

- - - Updated - - -

Every time someone says check my post above I just stop and re-read my conspiracy theory and laugh.

I really do hope Blizz gave the Nost team a license to legally run a server without Blizzard side support.. That would make everyone happy in it 1) being legal, 2) not draining Blizz resources, and 3) people getting a server they liked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    as nice as legacy sounds and to have Windfury able to Proc off itself again i don't see it lasting. once people progress to nax how long until that burns out?
    without new stuff being added a burn out would come around eventually
    Seeing that people still subbing WOD after almost a year of HFC released, this argument is quite bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Seeing that people still subbing WOD after almost a year of HFC released, this argument is quite bland.
    Well, keep in mind with the tokens then a sub is pretty much free if you have the gold to buy them (have a few guildies who haven't paid since they released), along with guilds still selling heroic/mythic clears to get ready for xpac, to the people who just haven't unsubbed for whatever reason, to the people that still play for achievements/mog/mount farming. These are things that will run out with a stopped game if it goes no further than vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Well, keep in mind with the tokens then a sub is pretty much free if you have the gold to buy them (have a few guildies who haven't paid since they released), along with guilds still selling heroic/mythic clears to get ready for xpac, to the people who just haven't unsubbed for whatever reason, to the people that still play for achievements/mog/mount farming. These are things that will run out with a stopped game if it goes no further than vanilla.
    Those who enjoy Vanilla, and only Vanilla, enough to pay a fee that we all do will be enough to keep them happy if what they say is true. I think things have progressed far enough now that we shouldn't be saying what people should and shouldn't enjoy, even if we don't agree with it.

Seems like some people missed this tweet. While the announcement is coming, the meeting is yet to be scheduled / has yet to happen.
    https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/sta...60082082230272

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I've never bought this argument because there is always something for the hardcore community to do. When that specific community goes on about "the game is casual" what they're actually saying is "Other people can do what previously only me and my very small, less-than-one-percent group could do. I'm no longer the special snowflake."

Heroic/Mythic raiding has been in the game for years.
    except that the only reward from mythic raiding now is e-peen outside of the game, warcraft logs/wowprogress etc.

Back then there was far more to do then just raid, raiding was a pretty small part of the game honestly.

raiding was a special experience tagged on to the rest of the game, and not being handed access to killing everything in the instance(LFR) made the experience of just SEEING some of the bosses for the first time special let alone killing them. and this applies to other people as well not just people who were in top 50 guilds.

I don't have a single memory of anyone in any guild i raided with complaining that they couldn't clear the instance, they were happy with the couple bosses they could slowly chip away at till they got enough gear to make the others easier.

It made killing those bosses far more special when it took allot of time and dedication to do it.