Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I think that Varian and Vol'jin are alive.

First, at Varian funeral, there is no body displayed, just the coffin. I immagine royal funeral to be kind of like what they showed on Game of thrones. There is body displayed for mourners and then they put it inside coffin and into tomb. This is not the case of Varian. There is just the stone coffin. Also there is no real Shalamayne on it, just some carving. The fact that warriors doesn't get weapon from one of the most powerfull warriors of his age that is also kind of a magicall, instead some random viking swords could mean, that Shalamayne could be still with Varian.

My hypotesis is, that in the broken shore cinematic, when Gul'dan summons all the demons, Varian quickly orders to retreat, while charging the army of demons. The last thing we see, is Varian slaughtering hordes of demons (kind of Ga'nar type/Broxingar cinematic) and then, Gul'dan uses his fel magic to lift him up (like hi did to Tirion) and throw him into the portal (like he did with Grommash) with his sword. Players and Grenn assume, Varian is dead and makes him a funeral, but only the statue on coffin is displayed, because there is no body.

On the horde side, there could be something similar but with Vol'jin.

We will end up mourning Varian and Vol'jin just to late find, they were sent trough the portal (maybe to Argus)

I like this idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly do not think Vol'jin is dead. I mean, he just got the Warchief position not too long ago, and he has not been able to do much since then. You do not kill off a character right in the middle of his or her character development without a good reason. Not even a series like Game of Thrones breaks this unwritten rule, regardless of what people may say about "no character is safe".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Sylvanas have Trol'kalar in her possession as of Cata?

Vol'jin survived Garrosh's assassination attempt because of his natural regeneration, and Trol'kalar was specifically forged to stop it. If Sylvanas staged a coup, his body having Light-seared wounds would raise questions.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Sylvanas have Trol'kalar in her possession as of Cata?

Vol'jin survived Garrosh's assassination attempt because of his natural regeneration, and Trol'kalar was specifically forged to stop it. If Sylvanas staged a coup, his body having Light-seared wounds would raise questions.
    Galen Trollbane has it still, but is killed by the pc dks because he wants to play king of stromguard
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Galen Trollbane has it still, but is killed by the pc dks because he wants to play king of stromguard
    Oh I know what happens to Galen, I'm just wondering if there'd be enough time between him leaving the Forsaken and Vol'jin's disappearing act for Sylvanas to pull something.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    But at least Vol'Jin had the stones to tell Garrosh what he thought of him to his face. Sylvanas was content to play to the reluctant toady until someone else laid the groundwork for the rebellion.

Which leads to Vol'Jin > Sylvanas...cept to those legion of fans she has since she has bewbs.
    Yep.
    /10 char.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I fine argument friend ! Well meme'd indeed ! Also vol'jin never had guts before he got shanked (on his own wish) which leads to sylvanas > Vol'jin since she learned her lesson after godfrey.
    ??? He told Thrall and Garrosh what he thought long before he got shanked, and only got shanked because he confronted Garrosh again in Pandaria to see what he was dragging the Horde into. He went along on the mission for the same reason. Yep, he got caught off guard by the assassin and admitted he was foolish to do so. That's why he kept the scar and voice change to remind himself. But he survived, like always, and came back to lead the rebellion. All while Sylvanas was... licking Garrosh boots?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    All Vol'Jin really needs is a good questline, and cinematic that shows him in action, using his combat skills. That's all. But apparently it's too much to ask for development of character that should get this little for becoming a Warchief.
    Yes! The character has loads of potential, going back to Warcraft 3. Let's see Blizz DO something with it. The book was good, btw, for those of you who haven't read it. I was inspired to roll my first troll character after reading it. But let's see more of it in game!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

People who are saying that dark spear don't have developed characters besides Vol'jin are fucked up; they have Rokhan. I'm waiting more than ten years, for blizzard to develop WC3 characters: Tagar, Bovan Windtotem, Samuro, Mathogg; only Drek'Thar, Gazlowe and Rexar had some development; Gar'Thok and Nazgrel had minimal appearence.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightAss View Post
    People who are saying that dark spear don't have developed characters besides Vol'jin are fucked up; they have Rokhan. I'm waiting more than ten years, for blizzard to develop WC3 characters: Tagar, Bovan Windtotem, Samuro, Mathogg; only Drek'Thar, Gazlowe and Rexar had some development; Gar'Thok and Nazgrel had minimal appearence.
    I never played WC3, so I had to look up Rokhan. Thanks for the tip. Looks like he hasn't been more than a quest hub in WoW so far. I'd love to see more of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is gonna rule the Trolls if Vol'jin gonna kick the bucket?
    I have suggestions, but who would be a good ruler?

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Who is gonna rule the Trolls if Vol'jin gonna kick the bucket?
    I have suggestions, but who would be a good ruler?
    Hmmm... Well I'm available, if they nerf my garrison and all. I mean, I did just spearhead the invasion of Draenor. And all my NPCs tell me I'm the greatest! :P lol

Next expansion every player is going to be warchief or king as part of blizzards push to make the story center around you: the player!
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

There is Vanira and Zen'Tabra too. But they had very little development. We learned that Vanira ia Vol'Jin's right hand, and she appeared in Echo Isle event, she helped dealing with Sea Witch, and she appeared during molten front quests to help deal with ragnaros minions. That's all.

As for Zen'Tabra - a huge pity she is more becoming neutral druid rather than strictly tied with her people hero.

This is why I don't believe devs would dispose him, he don't have anyone to take his place. Varain had Anduin.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Vol'jin survived Garrosh's assassination attempt because of his natural regeneration
    Nope, he had no Troll regeneration avaliable after the assassin shanked him, the dagger was coated in a poison meant to halt that. If Vol'jin managed to survive is because of his own resilience/willpower, Chen's timely rescue and the treatment of the Shado-Pan. It took him quite awhile to get the regeneration back (initially fought the Zandalari without it as well) even after the poison was utterly removed from his body due to a psychological sort of issue explained in the novel.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I never played WC3, so I had to look up Rokhan. Thanks for the tip. Looks like he hasn't been more than a quest hub in WoW so far. I'd love to see more of him.
    Well, he's also the Horde chief-scout in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    There is Vanira and Zen'Tabra too. But they had very little development. We learned that Vanira ia Vol'Jin's right hand, and she appeared in Echo Isle event, she helped dealing with Sea Witch, and she appeared during molten front quests to help deal with ragnaros minions. That's all.
    Kajassa wasn't much "developed" but definitely left a mark in WoD. She dealt with the Warsong like they were bunnies and single-handely left a wake of bodies behind her, supported the player in killing more of them and handled alone a Warsong assault to buy the time for the player to kill the packleader. Last but not least, she's the one getting the player out of the cage in Nagrand when you're captured by the warlords.

She looked easily better than Yrel despite being quite a minor character in comparison.

As for Zen'Tabra - a huge pity she is more becoming neutral druid rather than strictly tied with her people hero.
    To be fair, pretty much everyone's going neutral in Legion due to the class halls thing. Unlikely it will last beyond the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Nope, he had no Troll regeneration avaliable after the assassin shanked him, the dagger was coated in a poison meant to halt that. If Vol'jin managed to survive is because of his own resilience/willpower, Chen's timely rescue and the treatment of the Shado-Pan. It took him quite awhile to get the regeneration back (initially fought the Zandalari without it as well) even after the poison was utterly removed from his body due to a psychological sort of issue explained in the novel.

Well, he's also the Horde chief-scout in WoD.

Kajassa wasn't much "developed" but definitely left a mark in WoD. She dealt with the Warsong like they were bunnies and single-handely left a wake of bodies behind her, supported the player in killing more of them and handled alone a Warsong assault to buy the time for the player to kill the packleader. Last but not least, she's the one getting the player out of the cage in Nagrand when you're captured by the warlords.

She looked easily better than Yrel despite being quite a minor character in comparison.

To be fair, pretty much everyone's going neutral in Legion due to the class halls thing. Unlikely it will last beyond the expansion.
    Good stuff ~ Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well if he is dead then blizzard will need to build up a new troll leader this expansion.

Hopefully they're more interesting than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yeah but then she was forgotten in 6.2. where identical NPC appeared but with different name. I really hope she will make appearance again becuase she was a fantastic example that Darkspears are not goodie-two-shoe. She saved one draenei and after she served her purpose it was heavily hinted that this draenei was executed. And overall she seems to be incredibly skilled and competent. It's probably the only NPC that actually saves Commander and not the other way around.

However we speak about possible leader of the tribe, not possible champion. If that would be the case I'd really hope she will make appearance again becuase she was so great in WoD.

TBH Blizzard fails big time when it comes to developing "big" heroes, and it's not just Yrel that is incredibly unimpressive, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people had issue with the likes of Thrall, Varian, Garrosh, Sylvanas, Tyrande, Malfurion and so on...

It's the minor character like Stormcaller Mylra, Thisalee Crow, Kajassa, Torunscar and Norsala, Gorgonna, Taylor and Nazgrim that are memroable and appreciated becuase they're not over the top, and somehow had their badass moments, which made people appreciate them and relate to them better. At least this is my observation.

Well yeah, but I'd prefere if certain loyalties were enbolded. While Zen'Tabra could help there and there I think it should be emphasised that her priorities and her loyalty will always be tied with the Tribe, and not CC or other neutral organisations since neither Zen'Tabra nor Darkspears owe them anything.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

... Even in WC3, the game in which Rokhan was most prominently featured, he was barely a character... He had a few snazzy quotes when you clicked on him, but within the actual narrative he literally had three single lines of dialogue... Since then he's been relegated to being a one-off quest giver in Dragonblight in a quest that had no bearing on the overall story of the expansion let alone the zone itself, and in WoD he finally re-appears as barely more than your Garrison's secretary...

Yeah, such a tremendously developed character...

The Darkspears, without Vol'jin, have effectively fuck-all. There are other characters with potential, the problem is that they've never been explored and none of them have made many showings or been even remotely explored since their initial introductions. Hell, they couldn't even properly characterize, utilize and develop Vol'jin cohesively on-screen... Doesn't exactly set the best precedent if they're going to try and do much more with more minor Darkspear characters.

So, if they're going to get started with that now in Legion, already crammed to the hilt with lore (much of it contrived at best and utterly botched up at worst), they're not leaving themselves with much space to do so... Particularly considering the huge detriment the "class fantasy" goal is having on racial nuance and representation in Legion...

Seeing as they couldn't even remotely flesh out the titular characters for the current expansion (the Lords of War videos barely even bloody count because almost none of it was reflected in the game, outside of perhaps Durotan) my faith in Blizzard's ability to do this - as unlikely as I consider that possibility - is rather lacking...

Though others have already mentioned Kajassa, with how competent she's been presented I suppose I can't discount the possibility that they might just redeem themselves at some point. As it stands right now she's just the one exception that proves the rule...

Just to be clear, I don't necessarilly believe Vol'jin is dying in Legion, though I frankly wouldn't be too surprised. It almost doesn't matter, just the fact that he's being written off-screen with how historically neglected he's been as a character is bad enough, and they're going to have to pull a helluva hat trick to be able to justify this move. Even though I'm starved enough of the Darkspears' on-screen presentation and story progression that I'd take a comeback from him with the scope and magnitude the likes of which a lot of people have been speculating about for a while now, it will - as others have already stated - admittedly still be pretty lazy writing....
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2016-05-01 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kushtrim View Post
    According to the new alpha build this just happened.

• Vol'jin's Funeral Pyre (New) - Max players: 5.

Well I guess that settles that. Horde goes through a lot of warchiefs
    If you hear his damn voice files you could listen to him talking after the broken shore scenes to someone. He planned his death to go away for some reason which I'm hoping he is finally going to unite the troll tribes. He isn't going to be killed off anytime soon. deal with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    If you hear his damn voice files you could listen to him talking after the broken shore scenes to someone. He planned his death to go away for some reason which I'm hoping he is finally going to unite the troll tribes. He isn't going to be killed off anytime soon. deal with it.
    So you want that the Horde gets the Troll tribes while the Alliance lost Dalaran? Sounds pretty unfair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judex View Post
    Wasnt this scenario datamined like... 3 month ago?
    Yes it was. Guess some people missed it - that happens.
    A bit annoying that he had to go through the darkspear revolution / fight to save his people from Garrosh - and become warchief, just to get killed at the beginning of Legion.
    Would be cool if he wasn't dead and returned at some heroic moment to save the horde !