Page 63 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He's a self taught psychologist or something.
    LOL, yeah... one of those who "read it on the internet, so it must be true" folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    No, it just shows how relatively harmless it really is. No one is calling out trans for the sake of woman's sports or men's sports. It's a very weak answer to the question.

I can't speak for everyone, but I do acknowledge the existence of the currently unchangeable chromosomes. I acknowledge that people are stuck with their X or Y chromosomes and nothing can be done about it. So, I personally refer sex to their chromosome identity and gender to their social identity.
    That's an awesome way to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu26 View Post
    So if you wreck your car at 3 in the morning on the way to the hospital and some guy rapes you as you're walking down the road to get help, it's your fault? I'm so glad you cleared that up and I'm sure the rest of the world is, too. Rapists, transphobics and bigots everywhere will be rejoicing.
    "Teehee let's bring up an example where you aren't putting yourself in the situation to try and discredit an argument about putting yourself in dumb situations."

I guess, if you want.

If you decide you just don't feel like driving or paying for a cab to go to a bar in a bad neighborhood, and put on revealing clothing and walk through a series of alleyways in an unfamiliar area alone in the middle of the night... I'm going to go ahead and call you an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The fact that post op suicide rates are lower or the same as pre op would indicate that social discrimination is not the primary cause of suicide because a transgender person is much more likely to receive discrimination post op.

- - - Updated - - -

My position is clearly defined and you admitted earlier you aren't going to bother reading 3 pages of a thread.
    3? I said 60. Get your quotes right. I haven't seen anything yet that has any substance or truth to it, so yeah, I'm thinking the same thing when I read your posts.

Garbage.

The fact that post op suicide rates are lower or the same as pre op would indicate that social discrimination is not the primary cause of suicide because a transgender person is much more likely to receive discrimination post op.
    Post OP they have gone through years of therapy and are on anti-depressants if needed. Why do you keep ignoring this fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "Teehee let's bring up an example where you aren't putting yourself in the situation to try and discredit an argument about putting yourself in dumb situations."

I guess, if you want.

If you decide you just don't feel like driving or paying for a cab to go to a bar in a bad neighborhood, and put on revealing clothing and walk through a series of alleyways in an unfamiliar area alone in the middle of the night... I'm going to go ahead and call you an idiot.
    Sure, call me an idiot all day, but it's always the attacker's fault, regardless. There's never an excuse for doing harm to another person, and I'm really, really sorry if you believe that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    No, it just shows how relatively harmless it really is. No one is calling out trans for the sake of woman's sports or men's sports. It's a very weak answer to the question.
    No it doesn't. If transsexuals can compete in women's sports it will be a problem and if you admit that they shouldn't then you are admitting they shouldn't be treated as 100% normal women. They are different, that is fact. It doesn't matter how harmless or harmful it is. Laws should be objective and factual, not just capitulated for the sake of making someone feel better. If you have to make new laws to create a new gender category then do it but don't pretend that something that is illusory is objective just because it is harmless.

- - - Updated - - -

3? I said 60. Get your quotes right. I haven't seen anything yet that has any substance or truth to it, so yeah, I'm thinking the same thing when I read your posts.

Garbage.
    I haven't been arguing here for all 60 pages. Are you kidding me? You are just trolling at this point.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2016-05-01 at 07:50 AM.

Sure, call me an idiot all day, but it's always the attacker's fault, regardless. There's never an excuse for doing harm to another person, and I'm really, really sorry if you believe that's ok.
    Man, you just love those strawmans.

No one said it's okay to attack people. I said it's stupid to put yourself in the position to be attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Post OP they have gone through years of therapy and are on anti-depressants if needed. Why do you keep ignoring this fact?
    Because those two things do not have correlate with discrimination. A pre op transgender person might not face any discrimination at all if they keep their condition private and as I said earlier, most pre op people take anti-depressants as well.

If the theory that discrimination causes high suicide rates is true than the suicide rates should increase as discrimination does but in fact the opposite is true. Outside forces don't change that basic premise.

Having a hard time understanding how discrimination and poor social acceptance drives that depression rate you're trying to cite? And really, what are you even trying to do here? Justify being shitty to people?

No it doesn't. If transsexuals can compete in women's sports it will be a problem and if you admit that they shouldn't then you are admitting they shouldn't be treated as 100% normal women. They are different, that is fact. It doesn't matter how harmless or harmful it is. Laws should be objective and factual, not just capitulated for the sake of making someone feel better. If you have to make new laws to create a new gender category than do it but don't pretend that something that is illusory is objective just because it is harmless.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't been arguing here for all 60 pages. Are you kidding me? You are just trolling at this point.
    If you've only been posting for 3 pages, then yes, I've read everything you've written and I still wholeheartedly disagree. You can call me a troll if you like, but that doesn't change the fact that your sports argument is weak, at best. If it's actually shown to be an advantage that is unfair, I'm sure rules will be made. It's just an excuse to argue against something you don't like and can't change.

Keep attacking me all you want, I really don't care - and still believe you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Having a hard time understanding how discrimination and poor social acceptance drives that depression rate you're trying to cite? And really, what are you even trying to do here? Justify being shitty to people?
    I'm trying to make the argument that discrimination is not the primary cause of suicides. That is it. Of course people shouldn't be shitty but people are clearly taking issue with my argument so that is why I continue to argument about it.

Because those two things do not have correlate with discrimination. A pre op transgender person might not face any discrimination at all if they keep their condition private and as I said earlier, most pre op people take anti-depressants as well.

If the theory that discrimination causes high suicide rates is true than the suicide rates should increase as discrimination does but in fact the opposite is true. Outside forces don't change that basic premise.
    You seriously don't think discrimination is a cause of depression? Really?

And again, the length of time in therapy and on anti-depressants increases the effects of them. You clearly have a lack of understanding regarding psychological issues.

No it doesn't. If transsexuals can compete in women's sports it will be a problem and if you admit that they shouldn't then you are admitting they shouldn't be treated as 100% normal women.
    I'm against gender separated sports to begin with, but that's me. I also don't see a problem with allowing a trans woman compete in women's sports, but feel free to post a source or two proving me wrong.

They are different, that is fact.
    Everyone is different, that is fact.

It doesn't matter how harmless or harmful it is. Laws should be objective and factual, not just capitulated for the sake of making someone feel better. If you have to make new laws to create a new gender category than do it but don't pretend that something that is illusory is objective just because it is harmless.
    Laws are based on ethics, not facts. Saying it's wrong to kill someone is not a fact. Laws also cater to society, at least in a democracy.

I'm trying to make the argument that discrimination is not the primary cause of suicides. That is it. Of course people shouldn't be shitty but people are clearly taking issue with my argument so that is why I continue to argument about it.
    I must have missed your citations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Man, you just love those strawmans.

No one said it's okay to attack people. I said it's stupid to put yourself in the position to be attacked.
    Man, you love using your theological arguments and deflections.

You might have said it's stupid, but it was referring to transgenders being attacked because they put themselves out there. You don't seem to realize how ludicrous that really is. She might be a he so - let's attack her! You could put that same argument in to any form of discrimination and it would still be a violation of rights, and morally wrong.

So label it all you like, it's just another excuse for hate.

Target shouldn't have stuck their nose in something that doesn't require them to. Targets are everywhere, they need to keep their noses out of issues. Ill do some more research then give my findings. Something stinks at target and real americans want to find out why.

If you've only been posting for 3 pages, then yes, I've read everything you've written and I still wholeheartedly disagree. You can call me a troll if you like, but that doesn't change the fact that your sports argument is weak, at best. If it's actually shown to be an advantage that is unfair, I'm sure rules will be made. It's just an excuse to argue against something you don't like and can't change.

Keep attacking me all you want, I really don't care - and still believe you're wrong.
    No rule is going to change the fact that post op MtFs are going to have a huge advantage in any sport and if you attempt to regulate their involvement at all, you are admitting they are not of the female sex and that there is a difference. I'm not saying they shouldn't have rights in the law but people need to acknowledge that they aren't entirely men or women when they transition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I must have missed your citations.
    They are somewhere back there. Some UCLA medical journal found suicide rates rapidly decreasing post op.

No rule is going to change the fact that post op MtFs are going to have a huge advantage in any sport and if you attempt to regulate their involvement at all, you are admitting they are not of the female sex and that there is a difference. I'm not saying they shouldn't have rights in the law but people need to acknowledge that they aren't entirely men or women when they transition.
    They should be held to the same standards that women athletes are. Which includes things like testosterone level in the blood.

They are somewhere back there. Some UCLA medical journal found suicide rates rapidly decreasing post op.
    Which really only backs the claims regarding social acceptance and depression, not your claims.

Just as I suspected all the target board of directors are globalists and probably could care less about America or Americans.

http://investors.target.com/phoenix....=irol-govboard