Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    No confirmation that the meeting happened however, so they have that correct. Just that they're making an announcement.
    How can they make an announcement without having had the meeting or at least some prior agreement/planning with Blizzard?

Hope you're not disappointed (Non sarcastic), ideal outcome is they license the Nost people to keep doing what they do without blizzard support with that understanding.
    I find the idea of them 'licensing' anything unlikely. I find it more likely they'd just hire the Nostalrius team directly to work under them rather than deal with that legally gray area.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I find the idea of them 'licensing' anything unlikely. I find it more likely they'd just hire the Nostalrius team directly to work under them rather than deal with that legally gray area.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    How can they make an announcement without having had the meeting or at least some prior agreement/planning with Blizzard?
    Easy.

Example 1 (Note, this is an EXAMPLE)

1) Blizz sends C&D, Nost shuts down
    2) Blizz reaches out to Nost team, wants to talk
    3) Blizz makes an offer to Nost to do something, and if they agree they meet up at Blizz HQ to hash out fine details.
    4) Nost announces they're meeting with Blizz soon.
    5) People go crazy, want to know what's going on.
    6) Blizz says 'you can say this much before the papers are finalized'
    7) Nost says they'll be making an announcement, pre-meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    If you cant stand out in one way or another don't you think this goes against the very nature of an MMORPG?

I'm not just talking about "look at me I'm the best player in the world".

maybe you were one of the few lucky people on your server who got that rare enchant recipe and everyone would have to come to you for it.

maybe you were that guy who is known for being a douche who ninja looted shit or were ganking low level players in starting zones.

maybe you were that super lucky guy to get that rare mount drop that everybody admired when it went past in a city.

etc. etc.
    You stand out by being the best of the best, not limiting the pool of players by arbitrary restrictions like months-long attunement quests.

Also, as somebody who had those special Tailoring recipes in Vanilla (I had the MC ones as well as me grinding out the Timbermaw and Cenarion Circle recipes) along with maybe one other person on the server, the prestige is really highly overblown. If anything it was fucking annoying that everybody kept coming to me. Even if I got to overcharge because there was nowhere else to go. Sure, it was nice in that regard, but once again I think there's a difference between being important because you're good at the game vs being important because the pool of people in competition with you FOR that importance was so small.

I wasn't skilled for spending hours and hours after high school grinding out Timbermaw reputation. Nor the Cenarion Circle one. Nor being just given the MC ones because I was the Warlock class leader in our guild at the time. That didn't make me feel good.

The latest example of me feeling skilled was keeping up with our Fire Mage in Blackrock Foundry despite them being overtuned. I was normally #2 or 3 on every fight, and even #1 on cleave fights. THAT made me feel like I was doing well.

People still know the best raiders in this game. They earned that through skill. Not because only <1% of people are raiding.

I would have agreed with you about the ninja looting problem but there are so many features in the game now to curb that, that honestly if it happens to you at this point, it's your fault. So that point isn't even necessary. Also because if said ninja looter was in one of the bigger guilds, then nobody gave a shit. One of my most vivid memories of Vanilla was running BRD for...something. And my friend was playing his warrior and he rolled need on a gun because he was using one from ~30 levels previously, while another guy in the group was a hunter and needed it despite it being a slight upgrade. My friend was kicked, and I was blacklisted from that guild for doing nothing but defending my friend. The party leader essentially abused the group system to steal the rifle for the guy in his guild who wanted it.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-05-01 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Same, but they've done it before with allowing such things before in other games (Remakes, TCs, so on)

Easy.

Example 1 (Note, this is an EXAMPLE)

1) Blizz sends C&D, Nost shuts down
    2) Blizz reaches out to Nost team, wants to talk
    3) Blizz makes an offer to Nost to do something, and if they agree they meet up at Blizz HQ to hash out fine details.
    4) Nost announces they're meeting with Blizz soon.
    5) People go crazy, want to know what's going on.
    6) Blizz says 'you can say this much before the papers are finalized'
    7) Nost says they'll be making an announcement, pre-meeting.
    That's what I said - they have planned out something and are going to finalise it.

If you cant stand out in one way or another don't you think this goes against the very nature of an MMORPG?

I'm not just talking about "look at me I'm the best player in the world".

maybe you were one of the few lucky people on your server who got that rare enchant recipe and everyone would have to come to you for it.

maybe you were that guy who is known for being a douche who ninja looted shit or were ganking low level players in starting zones.

maybe you were that super lucky guy to get that rare mount drop that everybody admired when it went past in a city.

etc. etc.
    I stand out just fine by not being a douche and doing raid content many others aren't able to get without doing a purchase. Stand out by being part of the Friendship Moose movement and helping others out. I feel plenty good about that, don't need people slobbing my nob to feel that.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I said - they have planned out something and are going to finalise it.
    Never once disputed that something may not of been planned, which is where the confusion is here. Only stating that the meeting that is to take place at Blizz's quarters is not confirmed to of happened yet.

I stand out just fine by not being a douche and doing raid content many others aren't able to get without doing a purchase. Stand out by being part of the Friendship Moose movement and helping others out. I feel plenty good about that, don't need people slobbing my nob to feel that.

- - - Updated - - -

Never once disputed that something may not of been planned, which is where the confusion is here. Only stating that the meeting that is to take place at Blizz's quarters is not confirmed to of happened yet.
    Whatever .

Whatever .
    ... Fair enough?

Going to play the WoW South Park episode on a loop while grinding all day everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Going to play the WoW South Park episode on a loop while grinding all day everyday.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doFnCzUxLU8

Oddly I do the things you're listing if I'm feeling in a 'I want a bit harder push' mood. Leveled to 100 with 0 heirlooms just cause I could, so on so fourth. As for why I don't like hackers, it's because they're cheating and not even playing. There's a difference between automation and 'easier', and even then gear from LFR vs gear from mythic is night and day.

Now that being said, I would 'love' if raiding difficulties were more like.. Raid 1 drops ilevel 800 gear. Period, no matter what difficulty. They were all tuned for level 750-800 gear to take them down in, but each one was tailored to be a walk in the park, or to be painfully difficult, so choose what you want to go through to progress.
    Do you honestly join lfr and enjoy being in it? Knowing that no matter how bad it goes you WILL eventually kill everything?

Even 5 mans from earlier in wow history didn't have this mentality. you would form a group and you MAYBE would clear the dungeon, and not clearing it was a perfectly acceptable outcome.

I personally feel like when I'm doing LFR i may as well be watching a cut scene or watching a movie. I'm not playing a game.

Do you honestly join lfr and enjoy being in it? Knowing that no matter how bad it goes you WILL eventually kill everything?

Even 5 mans from earlier in wow history didn't have this mentality. you would form a group and you MAYBE would clear the dungeon, and not clearing it was a perfectly acceptable outcome.

I personally feel like when I'm doing LFR i may as well be watching a cut scene or watching a movie. I'm not playing a game.
    No, and in turn I don't do LFRs, I get my heroic dungeon gear, and I go to raid. I enjoy that someone I've known for 10 years and had an accident that caused them to be on pain meds that do enough to them that they can't focus as well as they used to still gets to do LFR to see the story of the expansion while I'm able to do the harder content.

If things do work out for the best for all parties involved I look forward to returning to a WoW classic world that isn't a destroyed, ruined, convoluted mess. It will be nice to return to Loch Modan or Barrens and not having them look like garbage. Also there won't be the bullshit in the questing timeline that Cata created, along with the overdone stupid pop culture reference quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I've never bought this argument because there is always something for the hardcore community to do.
    You mean the rat wheel that's raids? No thanks. Especially Mythics, where it doesn't rewards the player. Back in Vanilla when you defeated a raid boss, you got epics, which you couldn't get anywhere in the game. Today, beating Mythics gets you gear that has the same model but with a different color. Oh and better stats, like that matters anymore.

One small portion of the game isn't enough to satisfy the hardcore. Hence Vanilla WoW servers.
    When that specific community goes on about "the game is casual" what they're actually saying is "Other people can do what previously only me and my very small, less-than-one-percent group could do. I'm no longer the special snowflake."
    No. Not ever. You solo world content like a boss, which has no challenge what so ever. Blizzards idea of content are daily's and pet battles. You have 4 very unnecessary raid difficulties.

I don't know about you but once I clear a raid, I'd like to move on. Hopefully, something with different walls and different bosses, with totally different loot. Not this rat wheel of LFR->Normal->Heroic->Mythic. It's lazy and boring.
    Heroic/Mythic raiding has been in the game for years.
    Heroic/Mythic is also when WoW began to lose subscribers. Heroics were fine until Blizzard added LFR and Mythic. Even then, Heroic was fine when Blizzard did it like in Ulduar, where a lot of thought went into each mechanic design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharps View Post
    If things do work out for the best for all parties involved I look forward to returning to a WoW classic world that isn't a destroyed, ruined, convoluted mess. It will be nice to return to Loch Modan or Barrens and not having them look like garbage. Also there won't be the bullshit in the questing timeline that Cata created, along with the overdone stupid pop culture reference quests.
    no those pop culture quests and NPCs will still be there
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/List_o...n_Warcraft/WoW
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Heroic/Mythic is also when WoW began to lose subscribers. Heroics were fine until Blizzard added LFR and Mythic. Even then, Heroic was fine when Blizzard did it like in Ulduar, where a lot of thought went into each mechanic design.
    Sigh. Once again this fallacy of, "Hey subs declined during a period where X thing was introduced, so clearly it was because of X!" I just love how everybody always pretends that the thing they hate is the reason why subs declined.

Pay no mind to the fact that the game was 5+ years old.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Sigh. Once again this fallacy of, "Hey subs declined during a period where X thing was introduced, so clearly it was because of X!"

Pay no mind to the fact that the game was 5+ years old.
    Eh, it's the usual argument that says you have to get something that makes you seem special to others, not feel special that you did something far less people did. Archie mythic so far is arguably the hardest boss ever to be put in the game on death to kill ratio, but somehow that's less of a reason to feel awesome at what you do because you can't wag your epeen at someone because your gear doesn't have a unique model.

Really glad I don't need the adoration of others to feel what I did was awesome and celebrate it with my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    no those pop culture quests and NPCs will still be there
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/List_o...n_Warcraft/WoW
    There are pop culture references, and then there's fucking CSI: Westfall.