Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    But they make up the minority of the playerbase, Blizzard should not have cater to them like they did. I understand that you are only raidlogging, if it is your biscout, let it be, but for example, during the previous xpacs (even in MoP), i was able to spend days playing the content, and had 10+ max lvl toons, but now i have only one and an alt that i leveled up from 90 beause one of my pals gave me 20 xp pots for the lols. The content is so thin it makes me sad every time i get reminded of it
    Leveling multiple alts isn't really "content"

But okay dude sure.

Funny how you're pulling the minority of the playerbase argument in a nostalrius whine thread, too.
    Last edited by kary; 2016-05-01 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Leveling multiple alts isn't really "content"

But okay dude sure.
    Different strokes for different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Though I agree, repeating the same thing on a different class, though it may be reason for someone to log in, it's not something new. Saying "I can't bother to level more alts cus there's nothing to do" is kinda like ???
    If you had stuff to do, you wouldn't have time to level a gang of alts, right? Being able to level your football team of alts isn't indicative of more or less content, it's indicative of probably addiction or a glut of free time :/

Though I agree, repeating the same thing on a different class, though it may be reason for someone to log in, it's not something new. Saying "I can't bother to level more alts cus there's nothing to do" is kinda like ???
    If you had stuff to do, you wouldn't have time to level a gang of alts, right? Being able to level your football team of alts isn't indicative of more or less content, it's indicative of probably addiction or a glut of free time :/
    I dunno, there was a point in time where playing a different class was a different experience...

Nowadays, it's a case of "put the proc based attack on the proc based attack keybind, the filler spell on the filler spell button" etc. You can map your abilities to the same place as on other characters and then the only significant change is the colour of the shit you're throwing at the enemy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

To be fair logging in just to raid every week for months at a time is just repeating the same thing over and over again. You do that in MMORPGs in almost every shape or form, and that alone is kind of what is defining in the genre. To the poster before and give credit where it is due, outside of raiding I believe you deck yourself out in about a few days to a week through the catch-up mechanics. And before that you had to rely on RNG to grant you slightly better ilvl items through dungeons. I think there are ways to upgrade your gear weekly now (I believe), but the point is still there.

Raiders got wonderful content, but just like before dungeon users got shafted and so did quest goers. I mean the daily stuff is okay but you cap out on actual story progression and zone progression in just a few hours in Tanaan jungle. It's not exactly great content to fill any casual individuals appetite I think. But yes, it's all tedious grind that repeats itself.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I dunno, there was a point in time where playing a different class was a different experience...

Nowadays, it's a case of "put the proc based attack on the proc based attack keybind, the filler spell on the filler spell button" etc. You can map your abilities to the same place as on other characters and then the only significant change is the colour of the shit you're throwing at the enemy
    I'll be honest while this is more true then ever, this was still kind of the same deal in the past. It's just how you approached using your proc skills (if you even had one), the order you used your skills in (if you had that), and stuff like that. There are ways to make classes more unique (however dull they will get over time). I don't understand why so many specializations share these very same mechanics though and just mash them together. Makes every choice feel minimally different from one another after you play them. Although the new mechanics in Legion with the artifact weapons apparently help alleviate this.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2016-05-01 at 10:06 AM.

Deleted
    To be fair logging in just to raid every week for months at a time is just repeating the same thing over and over again.
    Yes, that's a necessity to make the content last. The difference is that in TBC the average raider was always working on a new boss and frequently got to see something new as new bosses were killed. And there was always some content ahead of you. So while you did do farm raids, you also had fresh content. Today there's no fresh content, you see everything the first week it's out and then just grind it over and over until the next patch.

To be fair logging in just to raid every week for months at a time is just repeating the same thing over and over again. You do that in MMORPGs in almost every shape or form, and that alone is kind of what is defining in the genre. To the poster before and give credit where it is due, outside of raiding I believe you deck yourself out in about a few days to a week through the catch-up mechanics. And before that you had to rely on RNG to grant you slightly better ilvl items through dungeons. I think there are ways to upgrade your gear weekly now (I believe), but the point is still there.

Raiders got wonderful content, but just like before dungeon users got shafted and so did quest goers. I mean the daily stuff is okay but you cap out on actual story progression and zone progression in just a few hours in Tanaan jungle. It's not exactly great content to fill any casual individuals appetite I think. But yes, it's all tedious grind that repeats itself.
    I mean, I get what you're saying but it's always been world of raidcraft. Like outside of raid content there was always early expansion pre-raid gear, and late expansion catchup gear. Like I legit don't know where this "dungeon runner" archetype comes from because everyone I've interacted with in my 11 years of playing literally just did dungeons to raid.
    Before tanaan you had
    Timeless isle, same garbage, less story
    That's it really. every other expansion you had to just mindlessly farm currency, and 1.xx didn't even have any "catchup" until pvp gear got the rank prereqs removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    Yes, that's a necessity to make the content last. The difference is that in TBC the average raider was always working on a new boss and frequently got to see something new as new bosses were killed. And there was always some content ahead of you. So while you did do farm raids, you also had fresh content. Today there's no fresh content, you see everything the first week it's out and then just grind it over and over until the next patch.
    I guess, yeah.

Well, again, it was like that from WoTLK onward, so most of wow's life. One of my guilds was on yogg first week in 25man and 10man in ulduar (bugged mimiron was super fun) so I guess I haven't been at that "fresh content" phase for more than 2 weeks in a raid's lifespan.
    But such is the burden one chooses to bear.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, even in vanilla, I got used to the "rotation" of most of the classes I played pretty quickly. I suppose class quests could be viewed as content (warlock and shaman quests were fucking annoying, but you had to do them or be severely gimped)

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be honest while this is more true then ever, this was still kind of the same deal in the past. It's just how you approached using your proc skills (if you even had one), the order you used your skills in (if you had that), and stuff like that. There are ways to make classes more unique (however dull they will get over time). I don't understand why so many specializations share these very same mechanics though and just mash them together. Makes every choice feel minimally different from one another after you play them. Although the new mechanics in Legion with the artifact weapons apparently help alleviate this.
    I think there were like 6 proc skills in vanilla though. Overpower, Mongoose bite, nightfall for warlocks, hammer of wrath, execute and riposte. Most classes could be played with a macro lol

8. Counterattack and Shadowburn.

Deleted
    Nope. I hate alt leveling but free gold, no content make me to create them. If players start creating alts it is sigh that your game doesnt have content- Sure there are some people what like to play more characters at once but they are very very small % playerbase.

~ Snip ~
    Dungeon runners have been there since the game began, and even before WoW was even something the public could get a hold of. It's like wondering why 10 man raids are a thing when 25 man was better. The same can be said for 40 mans and the 15 man stuff in classic (Or was it 25? Pretty sure it was 15) before it got turned into a 5 man dungeon.

People just prefer smaller content by and large, it's easier to consume. Less people required to run content is a huge boon to someone's limited time in a day to play a game, so it obviously is going to be the most done. I mean larger groups or longer dungeons are just as dandy and many people (like me) would PREFER if dungeons had incentive modes where you run back to back dungeons. Or if the dungeons weren't clearly tuned for 20 minute runs -- but last hours.

I think there were like 6 proc skills in vanilla though. Overpower, Mongoose bite, nightfall for warlocks, hammer of wrath, execute and riposte. Most classes could be played with a macro lol

8. Counterattack and Shadowburn.
    Revenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Revenge.
    so basically only warriors hunters and warlocks, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Don't know. Some games age well in terms of enjoyment.
    For example. I played Final Fantasy 7 on the playstation. I did so when I was like 18 years old.
    Now I am 37. My nephew who is now 16 stayed over and to kill time I gave him a go on my old playstation.
    He took the playstation home with him. He was THAT immersed. Sure he hated the graphics but after a while he didn't see it anymore. The story, the combatsystem and the immersion pulled him in.

Before he came to my house, I was playing FF7 myself. Hence it was just sitting there for him to play. I myself can still be immersed. I can still "feel those feelings" when Aeris dies. Sure not as deep as I once did. I mean when you watch a good movie for the 10th time, you do not have the same deep emotions as when you first watched it either.

Sure I will admit that part of the enjoyment also is because of memories I have attached to the game. I recall how I first played it. I recall whom it was that was sitting next to me playing it (a friend). And the fun we had while playing FF7. This too matters in terms of how I view the game.

But if you mix my feelings towards the game and the game apparantly still being a good game for a current 16 year old, it is in fact a good game.

You know what else he said? Oh this actually takes a little brainpower to play properly! (the materia stuff and knowing when to use limitbreaks)
    He was surprised that he could have such fun with an ugly game by todays standards.

Next time he comes around, I'll give him Zelda OoT... see what that does.
    I still enjoy firing games like FFVI, VII, VIII, IX, KH, Zelda: LTTP, Captain Tsubasa, Ace Attorney... More than I would any of the new games.

Dungeon runners have been there since the game began, and even before WoW was even something the public could get a hold of. It's like wondering why 10 man raids are a thing when 25 man was better. The same can be said for 40 mans and the 15 man stuff in classic (Or was it 25? Pretty sure it was 15) before it got turned into a 5 man dungeon.

People just prefer smaller content by and large, it's easier to consume. Less people required to run content is a huge boon to someone's limited time in a day to play a game, so it obviously is going to be the most done. I mean larger groups or longer dungeons are just as dandy and many people (like me) would PREFER if dungeons had incentive modes where you run back to back dungeons. Or if the dungeons weren't clearly tuned for 20 minute runs -- but last hours.
    Not true?

People like both. The smaller, faster and easier to run 5-man dungeons, for mass consumption, but also the bigger, slower and more epic large group encounters, like 40 man in vanilla.

Hell, raiding 40 man in Vanilla were the most exciting times i ever had on gaming, even if they could be a pain to organize at times.

And now you get trivially easy 5 man content where you just run around trampling the enemy mobs... i guess you're happy with those.

Just trying to work out what's going on from Nostalrius's tweets. Initially they said Blizzard had agreed to meet them, and to expect an announcement about that soon. Then early this morning they said the dev team has promised us (as in the players) something special and more info would be forthcoming tomorrow. Does this mean Nostalrius has met with Blizzard? If so they've not mentioned this at all. Does it mean Blizzard have promised something before the meeting? If so then that doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Just trying to work out what's going on from Nostalrius's tweets. Initially they said Blizzard had agreed to meet them, and to expect an announcement about that soon. Then early this morning they said the dev team has promised us (as in the players) something special and more info would be forthcoming tomorrow. Does this mean Nostalrius has met with Blizzard? If so they've not mentioned this at all. Does it mean Blizzard have promised something before the meeting? If so then that doesn't make sense.

It means they are going to hammer out the specifics when they meet. They have already agreed to something.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Not true?
    If this were not true, than why is every single multiplayer aspect to any game being made almost trivially easy, or made so that it only consumes maybe 20 minutes of your time a day? Possibly a combination of the two as well. Yes, it's a gross over exaggeration but you can't deny people and developers enjoy less time consuming games. I'm sure people enjoy longer (and maybe harder) content and multiplayer as well, but all points show to no -- that isn't what people enjoy as much anymore.

And no, I'm not happy with 20 minute AoE fests -- where did I say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    It means they are going to hammer out the specifics when they meet. They have already agreed to something.
    Seems odd for them to drip feed stuff like this before they've even met. Obviously they're talking but the fact Blizz appear to have allowed Nostalrius to tweet about "something special" tells me that Blizz have already decided to go with legacy servers. I mean, there's no way they'd allow hype to build like this if they weren't going to do legacy servers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Seems odd for them to drip feed stuff like this before they've even met. Obviously they're talking but the fact Blizz appear to have allowed Nostalrius to tweet about "something special" tells me that Blizz have already decided to go with legacy servers. I mean, there's no way they'd allow hype to build like this if they weren't going to do legacy servers, right?
    It isn't odd to be honest - think of it like telling your friends you got the job after getting a confirmation e-mail but before signing the contract. I also think we are about to see legacy servers in some shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    It isn't odd to be honest - think of it like telling your friends you got the job after getting a confirmation e-mail but before signing the contract. I also think we are about to see legacy servers in some shape.
    i bet the special anouncement is that one of the nostalrius devs is having a baby

Deleted
    Im pretty sure the --SNIP-- team fixed more bugs than nost,, and they got TBC and WOTLK servers

Do not discuss other pirate servers by name {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-05-01 at 04:45 PM.