Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    In other words i wont bother with people talking shit from their asses.
    That's how other people are feeling about your uncited comments, though. Where did you hear "beta for everyone this year"? I never saw anything indicating that. Not for WoW, anyway, perhaps for Overwatch.

We need more players stating that most specs suck at the moment. Hope beta invites come soon.

I said it 100500 times already. It's not Legion, that is wrongfully called Alpha - it's all previous xpacks, that were wrongfully called Beta. Beta requires two conditions: 1) Product is feature complete 2) End users are being invited to test it

So:
    1) Internal testing, while product is in development - Alpha
    2) Inviting players, while product is in development - F&F Alpha
    3) Inviting players, when product is finished - Closed Beta
    4) Allowing all players to play it, when product is finished - Open Beta

Currently Wow is in F&F Alpha state. The only difference between current Alpha and previous ones - is that players don't sign NDA. Content drought is way too long, so Blizzard have to show development progress and advertise xpack features, otherwise players would just lose hope and go away.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Beta is class tuning/polishing.

The current alpha is very much broken, half of the world quests don't work(neither do the bonus objectives for completing 4 WQ's for the same faction), class halls are still missing majority of the content for some classes(f. ex Hunters).
    The cata beta had an incredible amount of zone bugs in vash'jr. Or mop the introduction quests. Wotlk icecrown. People are fucking retarded over what that phase of testing is called and there are enough retards on the alpha servers already.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-05-01 at 11:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's mostly case of semantics really at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    The cata beta had an incredible amount of zone bugs in vash'jr. Or mop the introduction quests. Wotlk icecrown. People are fucking retarded over what that phase of testing is called.
    I was in WoD's beta, and unless my powers of imagination are incredible, I'm certain I remember being in the BETA, and witnessing new zones opening up every few weeks, like they did in Legion's Alpha.

Now, I could be wrong, but I could've sworn I was playing the Beta and seeing Talador/Spires/Nagrand get added as I was going through the content.

In any case, that memory made me thing the reason Legion was being called Alpha for this long was that they wanted to get all the Specs playable first, but that didn't pan out. If they are just trying to change the terminology, though, I don't mind or really care.

Release when it's done, make sure you're inviting enough testers and listening to feedback. That's all I care about. Call it an Alpha, a Beta, call it a Tertiary Crowdsourced Quality Assurance Phase, I don't give a rat's as long as progress is being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I never saw anything indicating that
    This doesn't mean that it didn't happen, no do yourself a favor a do some search before posting again.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2016-05-01 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    i hope it gets delayed and blizzard has to delay the release date so i can enjoy the shitstorm on forums
    But that's my point, Blizz would never have stuck their necks out and released a date if it wasn't 100% guaranteed to be on that date.
    Maybe beta isn't as important this time around?

I don't think beta is far away now. They just need to put some pain on the last systems and zones and it'll be beta ready for a larger amount of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Call it an Alpha, a Beta, call it a Tertiary Crowdsourced Quality Assurance Phase, I don't give a rat's as long as progress is being made.
    Certainly can agree here. Didn't know how wod beta went because I didn't really play it since I was taking more or less a break at that time.

Use your brain please, it's not about the name, it's about the access to beta server...

4 posts from 4 dumb people who can't even understand a simple post...
    So, what is different about that access compared to now, where people get randomly invited to join?

Deleted
    Whilst they never stated that everyone would be invited to the Beta they did pretty much state that it would be launched in 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1WI....be&t=1h18m25s

(1 hour 18 minutes 25 seconds if it doesn't work properly)

If I recall correctly they said it at least twice but that's the only quote I could find with the little time I cared to spend looking for them. Think the other time was during the live stream Q&A.

In the end it's semantics but I wanted to provide an actual quote of it since I distinctly remember them stating that Beta would launch that same year.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2016-05-01 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    So, what is different about that access compared to now, where people get randomly invited to join?
    The difference is that it will be accessible to anyone willing to test it, like they said before.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Screw beta. I want to do gamma and delta testing.
    Omega testing or gtfo

" Preorder your Warcraft movie ticket online, and recieve an email with beta access"

This is what im seeing. It'll give you 3 months of beta, and late july pre-patch
    "Last time I checked, Cain didn't bludgeon Abel with a Gameboy; Genghis Khan didn't have an Xbox Live account; and Hitler didn't play Crash Bandicoot." -- Tommy Tallarico

The difference is that it will be accessible to anyone willing to test it, like they said before.
    They never said that, it's never open beta, so not sure where you get that from. Besides, if it happened, that's the difference between closed and open, not between alpha and beta.

Deleted
    Honestly? I'm expecting Blizz to do an "open beta stress test" two weeks before the launch just to piss off the "entitled".

No one in this forum knows how Blizzard wants to test Legion, the entire "not beta/beta" is absolutely pointless and silly.

"Wheres muh beta?"

"It doesn't matter, stupid."

"no u"

And thus we've reached the end of all possible conversations in this thread.

Deleted
    They never said such thing. The last time there was an open beta was back in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    "Wheres muh beta?"

"It doesn't matter, stupid."

"no u"

And thus we've reached the end of all possible conversations in this thread.
    Pretty much this.

Deleted
    ITT: lots of people assuming they are granted early access once the name of developement status is changed. It's gonna be so hilarious when they call it beta some day and it's still as closed as it is right now.