Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Maybe. But I wouldn't blame anyone other than herself for it.
    I wouldn't blame anyone. Shit happens.

That is too exposing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    It's all about that BASS

All your BASE are belong to us
    i always thought bass is a fish
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    That is too exposing.
    Your avatar is just as exposed as she was before the dress malfunction

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Your avatar is just as exposed as she was before the dress malfunction
    My avatar isn't going to a prom.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the teacher said "us big girls" was she talking about her weight or rather just the size of her chest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering where this is, yes, it is revealing too much. It doesn't really have anything to do with her size, to me anyway - if a skinny girl was showing this much skin in TN, I would consider it inappropriate for a prom as well.

If this was in, say, California, I'd say she wasn't showing ENOUGH skin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i always thought bass is a fish
    Bass (pronounced like 'ass', but with a b) is a fish.

Bass (pronounced like base) is not.

English.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I always find it funny how people get mad at the only people with decency.
    They dont get mad at:

- The kids themselves have 0 selfesteem and make no effort to change that.
    - The kids who will cost you billions in healthcare costs. The ones that make shops go broke because they cant afford to cater to elephant sized people.
    - The parents and immediate family let the kids get fat trough food, bad parenting, etc.
    - The rest of em who give them a misplaced sense of belonging by saying they are sassy instead of Obese.

No. Lets get mad at the people who tell the truth. Dont wear tightwraps when your fat, you look like a fucking potroast.
    ... only people with decency.
    ... you look like a fucking potroast.
    Aye, set a great example to follow.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    We do not know if it was a valid concern or not, as we did not get to see how much of her was exposed, other than it was beyond what the teachers and her parents thought was acceptable, which is not really saying much.
    What's really funny is how... she's obviously embarassed to a point where she cries her eyes out... ONLY SO HER MOTHER POSTS IN ON FACEBOOK. I'm not even talking about the by now international attention she got. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Bass (pronounced like 'ass', but with a b) is a fish.

Bass (pronounced like base) is not.

English.
    I'm not convinced that even in the English language that is a valid pronunciation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What's really funny is how... she's obviously embarassed to a point where she cries her eyes out... ONLY SO HER MOTHER POSTS IN ON FACEBOOK. I'm not even talking about the by now international attention she got. :P
    It was not her mother that told the media, that woman is the one that seems most upset by what happened. The girl herself has not made any public comment on it as far as I could tell from my brief search to find an article that actually had some detail in it - I found both their Facebook pages pretty easily and neither has been made private.

People being offended on behalf of others is nothing new.

It's not her mother...it's the mother of her friend.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Proms not that great anyway, everybody left ours half way through and went to party in a field. The biggest part of the Prom was taking pictures outside, and the walk in, not the actual dance itself.

Deleted
    Tbh, she doesnt have the body for such a revealing dress.

All I see is a large white surface

It was not her mother that told the media, that woman is the one that seems most upset by what happened. The girl herself has not made any public comment on it as far as I could tell from my brief search to find an article that actually had some detail in it - I found both their Facebook pages pretty easily and neither has been made private.

People being offended on behalf of others is nothing new.
    Wait, so who published this? I mean whoever it did, did a huge disservice to the poor girl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    It's not her mother...it's the mother of her friend.
    Worst mother in the history of motherhood if you ask me.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so who published this? I mean whoever it did, did a huge disservice to the poor girl.
    A woman who was not even present at the time of the incident and left out important details, like the dress breaking and that the girl did not make a complaint even though the school does not have a prom dress policy.

I have not worked out whether she was trying to make a stand against unfair treatment of fat girls or of girls with big tits.

A woman who was not even present at the time of the incident and left out important details, like the dress breaking and that the girl did not make a complaint even though the school does not have a prom dress policy.

I have not worked out whether she was trying to make a stand against unfair treatment of fat girls or of girls with big tits.
    Well, if the dress was breaking, that's a legit reason not to let her in... embarassing her later. Words cannot describe the lack of empathy there...

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm not convinced that even in the English language that is a valid pronunciation.
    It is. The lyrics in the song ("all about that bass, no treble) refer to the bass clef (pronounced as base) in music notation where lower notes are written.

OT: It seems more may have happened in this particular story, but there is truth that chestier women look more revealing in some clothes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if the dress was breaking, that's a legit reason not to let her in... embarassing her later. Words cannot describe the lack of empathy there...
    I have a suspicion that the dress breaking was not entirely accidental.

She bought a prom dress that showed a lot of cleavage, when she got home she fixed the dress to show less cleavage and when she got to the prom that fix broke - there is a decent chance that the parents of the girl may have had a say in the fix being put on the dress in the first place. "You are not wearing that, young lady!" has been heard from fathers throughout the world.

Maybe it's an undercover compliment. Like saying "big dick men shouldn't wear short shorts because the tip might peek out at the very bottom"

One of my friends had this happen. He's a very high name accountant now... but back in the day, his purple short shorts were not a good choice.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."