Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    C'thun isn't that strong. The buff cards are pretty weak and just vanilla minions outside of the buff effect, so if you're losing early game control to it you're probably a bad player (uh, I mean unlucky). C'thun itself isn't too scary either as long as you have even a sliver of foresight and keeps removal for when they want to play it. Or drop a Sylvanas.

Basically, if you are losing to C'thun, you would've lost to everyone running big bomb finishers before this patch, because you're either not using the tools you are given or losing tempo to decks you shouldn't.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing a lot of C'thun ramp, and this style of board control and healadin is very hard to beat. The other decks that have just been rolling over me has been floodadin and aggro shaman. I feel like C'thun ramp is in a weird spot where it only wins in control vs control when you draw c'thun, but the aggro matches never give you the chance to meaningfully develop your c'thun. If I didnt love playing this deck I would switch more often, but C'thun ramp is the real taunt druid we have all be wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    C'thun isn't that strong. The buff cards are pretty weak and just vanilla minions outside of the buff effect, so if you're losing early game control to it you're probably a bad player (uh, I mean unlucky). C'thun itself isn't too scary either as long as you have even a sliver of foresight and keeps removal for when they want to play it. Or drop a Sylvanas.

Basically, if you are losing to C'thun, you would've lost to everyone running big bomb finishers before this patch, because you're either not using the tools you are given or losing tempo to decks you shouldn't.
    I find it amusing I'm actually running into Disciple of C'thun outside of C'thun and in aggro decks for being a better Argent Horserider. Seen C'thun's Chosen in Midrange decks, too. Not all of them are just vanilla cards.

I do love taking advantage of almost 100% of my games being against C'thun healadin is REALLY good against them and I've lost only once to a C'thun deck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DejaWu View Post
    I have been playing a lot of C'thun ramp, and this style of board control and healadin is very hard to beat. The other decks that have just been rolling over me has been floodadin and aggro shaman. I feel like C'thun ramp is in a weird spot where it only wins in control vs control when you draw c'thun, but the aggro matches never give you the chance to meaningfully develop your c'thun. If I didnt love playing this deck I would switch more often, but C'thun ramp is the real taunt druid we have all be wanting.
    Abomination helps. You need more removal, and that the removal comes as a 4/4 Taunt is bonus. Maybe Starfall as well, I know I was struggling with my C'thun Warlock until I switched it to a heavier AoE build and concentrate on clearing their board every turn if I can. Use spells and buff minions to clear, go face when you can and just make sure you get as many 3 for 1s or better as you can. I'm winning games without even drawing or playing C'thun and that feels pretty good.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Grim Patron counters C'Thun.
    Zoo counters C'Thun
    Preemptive N'Zoth counters C'Thun
    Midrange/Aggro Shaman counters C'Thun
    Handlock with Mountain Giants, and Twilight Drakes probably counters C'Thun
    Warrior with an ass ton of armor counters C'Thun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    I think they went overboard with C'thun. That battlecry plus the massive minion feels like savage roar/force of nature all over again. I'm at 18 health...welp, I'm dead :/
    Yeah, if you don't play anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Grim Patron counters C'Thun.
    Incorrect, Twin Emps will directly counter Patron on their own, as well as Dark Arrakoa for druids and the 3/6 taunt for other classes if they run it. Apart from Beckoners and Disciples (and Bran I guess), most minions in a C'thun deck have 3+ attack to fully trade a Patron.

Playing C'thun against a Patron board will spawn more, yes, but the board limit will be reached while there are still 0-health Patrons during the battlecry, and new ones spawned will not be able to spawn more until the end of the effect. In the end, unless C'thun was weenie, the net result is that the board will still be fully cleared at the end.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Incorrect, Twin Emps will directly counter Patron on their own, as well as Dark Arrakoa for druids and the 3/6 taunt for other classes if they run it. Apart from Beckoners and Disciples (and Bran I guess), most minions in a C'thun deck have 3+ attack to fully trade a Patron.

Playing C'thun against a Patron board will spawn more, yes, but the board limit will be reached while there are still 0-health Patrons during the battlecry, and new ones spawned will not be able to spawn more until the end of the effect. In the end, unless C'thun was weenie, the net result is that the board will still be fully cleared at the end.
    Yeah I must say when I fooled round with Patron in the new meta the first thing I noticed was that most of the minions currently being played have at least 3 attack making it really difficult to propagate Patron's.

I don't think your opponent would mind that much especially if they have an Execute or BGH in hand. C'Thun isn't as good if he only hits minions if your opponent can deal with the body of C'Thun.

Also kind of irrelevant saying minions can trade into Patrons. I don't think a couple minions is going to be able to deal with a board of Patrons unless it's a charging Sand Worm.
    Last edited by muto; 2016-04-30 at 04:44 AM.

I think it is just as bad as Reno Jackson, Its nice for the long game but gone in the short. I would rather they drop Reno than C'Thun to be honest.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milch View Post
    I think it is just as bad as Reno Jackson
    I don't know what to tell you if you think Reno is 'bad'. It's probably been one of their best designed cards in terms of how it influenced deck building and meta and made a lot of decks incredibly strong.
    BAD WOLF

I dont understand why blizzard likes no brainer decks

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    I dont understand why blizzard likes no brainer decks
    I wouldn't say it is a no brainier deck type. Control priest for instance, you better have good card draw in order to pull him, because his buffing minions don't last long on the board.

Game is less fun with C'thun. Race to turn 10 "I win" button. Gotta add cards that can neutralize battlecries or something, it is effortless to buff him to hell and too easily rewarded. Took thought to build a Reno deck that wouldn't blow up in your face, C'thun buffing cards should be weak enough on the board that there is more risk to building around C'thun. Right now it is more like "perfectly serviceable deck with possible instant win condition".

Deleted
    I'm tired of it already. All the decks you face have all the same cards no matter what class it is. And they're not that good. Until/if they draw that card. Is this game really supposed to come down to I draw C'thun, I wreck you, I don't draw C'thun, you wreck me? No thanks, Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Pretty much any of the big endgame finisher combos would have done you in, too.
    Not really, as it also wrecks your board and your face. There's nothing in the game that goes face for that much that can do that. Equal cons/pyro, twisting nether, lightbomb all have the drawback of being super slow. Cthun is not slow. There's no downside to playing it and despite how many people keep saying the cards that buff him are 'vanilla', the class cards make sure that's not the case. Priest and Druid are the worst so far that I've seen, being able to get absurd Cthun levels while controlling the board. It's pretty much the anti freeze/reno, as it makes sure you are never in a position to do anything before their cthun is enough to kill you just from being played.

I'm not running into it as much as I was the first few days, but it still has too little drawbacks/creative play. The priest's at least requires you to heal things, but they were going to do that anyways...so I'm not sure where the intelligence is supposed to come in.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Not really, as it also wrecks your board and your face. There's nothing in the game that goes face for that much that can do that. Equal cons/pyro, twisting nether, lightbomb all have the drawback of being super slow. Cthun is not slow. There's no downside to playing it and despite how many people keep saying the cards that buff him are 'vanilla', the class cards make sure that's not the case. Priest and Druid are the worst so far that I've seen, being able to get absurd Cthun levels while controlling the board. It's pretty much the anti freeze/reno, as it makes sure you are never in a position to do anything before their cthun is enough to kill you just from being played.

I'm not running into it as much as I was the first few days, but it still has too little drawbacks/creative play. The priest's at least requires you to heal things, but they were going to do that anyways...so I'm not sure where the intelligence is supposed to come in.
    Anti-freeze/Reno...?

What the hell? Other way round mate. Ice Block into Reno and Poly/BGH/etc destroys C'thun decks.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think that everyone is missing the potential for Nerubar Weblord to actually be useful now.
    Almost all the C'thun buffers are on a battlecry. C'thun is on a battlecry.
    I'm not seeing a deck that it will fit in amazingly yet (other than maybe zoo), but I see the potential.

edit: For wild, obviously.
    Last edited by Korlok; 2016-05-01 at 11:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anti-freeze/Reno...?

What the hell? Other way round mate. Ice Block into Reno and Poly/BGH/etc destroys C'thun decks.
    Nope, because you keep the board pretty empty and usually don't care about taking damage. Good try though. Guarantee people are going to be rioting about this new priest deck with Cthun.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Nope, because you keep the board pretty empty and usually don't care about taking damage. Good try though. Guarantee people are going to be rioting about this new priest deck with Cthun.
    What?

Ice Block prevents death to battlecry, poly C'thun after, Reno to heal to full same turn.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    How does C'thun getting polymorphed not get treated like he is dead when you use Doom Caller? That is some bullshit.