Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What will Blizzard do for the next 4 months?

Considering how far Legion Alpha has come in the last few weeks, 4 months seems like an excessively long wait time till launch. All that is really left is fine tuning and stress testing. It seems like they are making the most of this content drought and are making us wait a couple of more months while they also work on 7.1 and 7.2 to avoid what happened in WoD where they only started work on 6.2 after WoD launch.

Do you think that Blizzard will be spending the next 4 months exclusively fine tuning Legion 7.0, or will they be using most of that time working on 7.1 and 7.2 instead? Considering that they didn't start working on 6.2 until after WoD launched.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Considering how far Legion Alpha has come in the last few weeks, 4 months seems like an excessively long wait time till launch. All that is really left is fine tuning and stress testing. It seems like they are making the most of this content drought and are making us wait a couple of more months while they also work on 7.1 and 7.2 to avoid what happened in WoD where they only started work on 6.2 after WoD launch.

Do you think that Blizzard will be spending the next 4 months exclusively fine tuning Legion 7.0, or will they be using most of that time working on 7.1 and 7.2 instead? Considering that they didn't start working on 6.2 until after WoD launched.
    you forgot about little tiny detail called beta phase - for last 2 expansion it took around 5-6 months - 4 mont means we will most probably get very bugged very unfinished product -_-

Deleted
    I pretty certain they'll continue to work their asses off on this expansion. They need the next four months because of all the time they're now having to waste talking and dealing with bullshit about old expansions that a minority of malcontents want.

Deleted
    It will be a short beta, as a lot of bugs have been fixed lately. When I got into the alpha there were tons of them, now I don't really meet that many. But yes, they need to fine-tune some stuff, fix the last few bugs and balance pvp a bit more. For that they need numbers, so I would not be surprised if it went into beta soon.
    I also wonder how early we will get acces to DH - for those who have preordered Legion. Perhaps we will focus the first phase on balancing DH to release them some time before the pre event patch ?

Probably deciding on which feature to cut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I pretty certain they'll continue to work their asses off on this expansion. They need the next four months because of all the time they're now having to waste talking and dealing with bullshit about old expansions that a minority of malcontents want.
    lel Blizzard White-Knight activated and certainly triggered.

OT: The haven't finished testing both raids, they're still clearing up bugs. There is still 2 zones missing. And yep, there will be people spending time on the future content patches already.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you forgot about little tiny detail called beta phase - for last 2 expansion it took around 5-6 months - 4 mont means we will most probably get very bugged very unfinished product -_-
    It's a name. Reports of people in the alpha suggest that you might aswell call it beta.

The most interesting bug I ran into on the alpha was just three days ago. The warrior class hall borked and instead of dropping you down in Dalaran (or Highmountain in my case) it left you swimming in midair. I used the opportunity to fly (very slowly) around the Isles and get some cool pictures from POVs I probably won't get to see again for a year or more.

But yeah, most of the important leveling stuff has had tons of bugs picked out already with just a few things needing fixing. The biggest priority is probably getting the Horde side of the Broken Shore event going since it will launch with the prepatch and then finishing up the class quests and Suramar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    you can check the majority of my posts and see that i am very far removed from a White Knight about anything. But that doesn't mean i won't give credit where and when it's deserved and call bullshit when i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    This crap again?

Everything that got "cut" in WoD was something that was mentioned during a Blizzcon panel but never made its way to beta because nobody had even started working on it. People are seriously still talking as though Legion alpha content that's been iterated on for months now is at risk of going poof.

Deleted

OT: The haven't finished testing both raids, they're still clearing up bugs. There is still 2 zones missing. And yep, there will be people spending time on the future content patches already.
    lel Nostalrius White-Knight activated and certainly triggered

You are not the joker Or the Riddler or any other clever villain. No. You are not

Deleted

2 zones missing? The zones are not exactly done, but I wouldn't call any of them missing by now?

Highmountain, Val'Sharah, Stormheim, Suramar, Broken Shore, Azsuna. What's missing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    This crap again?

Everything that got "cut" in WoD was something that was mentioned during a Blizzcon panel but never made its way to beta because nobody had even started working on it. People are seriously still talking as though Legion alpha content that's been iterated on for months now is at risk of going poof.
    Don't try to reason with a troll, it's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    The words beta and alpha don't mean shit anymore and haven't for years.

There isn't anything they can do in a beta that they can't in a alpha. Also to add good chance like the dev build is way more ahead then the current alpha test one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

A delayed game is good eventually, but a rushed game is bad forever. Have patience.

No doubt they're very busy making more content for Legion and performing fixes on content that's already on alpha.

7+ Year Old Account
    the pre patch.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Pretty sure the remainder of Legion's development window is probably going to be devoted to tweaking numbers/balance and bug fixing. All the proposed content is in, all zones are open to testing, and dungeons/raids are being tested - we're pretty much at the numbers game part of the offering. Despite the Alpha label the game is pretty much on track as compared to other Betas I've experienced, with mostly break/fix issues still present and nothing earth-shattering in terms of development remaining. Four months is plenty of time to reach a solution on the numbers, and even still that's something that they never stop fine tuning in any case.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    There is still 2 zones missing
    wut?
    what zones are missing?
    suramar is already in, same with the broken shore.

Formerly known as Arafal

What kind of topic is this?

They announced the release date recently taking into the account the work required to complete the product... it's not like they'll be sitting on their thumbs just waiting to release for the sake of waiting.

Even if Legion release is ready, there's the pre-patch, 7.1, 7.2, 8.0 to work on...

Development never stops on an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Happens all the time. Other companies does the same. The different is they do not tell the consumers about the product much later.

On one hand, peoples wants to know more during the development process and wants Blizzard to release any info, even during conception stage.

On the other, people seems to think that whatever they say during these information release is what will be in the game.