Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Who gives a shit about feminists aside from the same feminists? Let them bark their shit, they feel better because of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I will take a source material over google translation from german
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/impotent

Also Zeugungsunfähig means, as you rightly said, that he can't sire children. Impotent means you can't get it up in the usual context. That is the same btw for German and English.
    Apparently I said it wrong.

The original post was in german before I had google translate it.
    Google falsely translated "zeugungsunfähig" to "impotent" and I missed that mistake.
    I never meant to convince anyone otherwise. I am very well aware of the meaning of those words.

Well, that was cheap.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    So is Harry Potter.....
    Not sure what point that is supposed to prove lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Not sure what point that is supposed to prove lol.
    Harry Potter is... Sexist? What with the large number of powerful female characters on both sides of the conflict. Totes sexist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The Chinese Room blows the "sexist!" whistle on Witcher 3 developer CD Projekt RED over their upcoming game: Cyberpunk 2077

https://twitter.com/ChineseRoom/stat...58220284465153

Looks like rabid modern feminism is embedding itself deeper into the games industry.
    Why we care about the opinion of an indie studio with less than 10'000 copies sold for their last title?

Also, I remember that image from the trailer back in 2012? Aren't there more recent press kits?

Oh ye... Chinesse Room... Call me when they make a game instead of a fucking walking simulator 20xx

They claim to be upset at a 3 year old photo (way to be with the times) used as source material for the cinematic teaser (also 3 years old, which is still awesome) that isn't sexist in any way. And they do this just before they release another sub-par game. Sounds like a bunch of drama whores begging for attention.

Translation: Let's get people all riled up so that they pay attention to us and hopefully see our new game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    They claim to be upset at a 3 year old photo (way to be with the times) used as source material for the cinematic teaser (also 3 years old, which is still awesome) that isn't sexist in any way. And they do this just before they release another sub-par game. Sounds like a bunch of drama whores begging for attention.
    The best part of the trailer was the music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6nbFZtxAL4

(a pretty depressing album, people be warned)

Deleted
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/impotent

Also Zeugungsunfähig means, as you rightly said, that he can't sire children. Impotent means you can't get it up in the usual context. That is the same btw for German and English.
    In the source material he is canonically sterile, as are most female spellcasters.

He (also) happens to be unable to get it up in one scene, where it is basically portrayed as a consequence of chronic stress, fatigue and the heavy toll his profession is taking on him (witcher elixirs).

The author of the source material (Sapkowski) is generally a feminist himself, and in the books indeed women are portrayed in a positive light, as often more level-headed, intelligent and, dare I say, "humane". Sexism is rampant in the world - rape, rape threats, misogyny etc - but always portrayed as negative, very often ending in brutal retribution by the women themselves (several important plot characters get killed over this in a gruesome manner).

Ofc the books are, as mentioned before, a deconstruction of many fantasy tropes, the virile badass hero from old Howardesque sword&sorcery is chief among them. The "damsel in distress" trope is, I think, the second most played for deconstruction. All of this is much more visible in the short stories than in the saga, as these are bite-sized and each is built pretty much on one story or trope being twisted, but the saga has ample examples of this too.

The games are, imo, hit on miss when it comes to capturing these nuances, but W3 is BY FAR the best. And also arguably the only recent mainstream game that even tackles the role and situation of women in the setting in any meaningful way.

Of course it flies right over the heads of lots of people, as any sort of parody or deconstruction often does. No big deal here, no reason to worry ;]
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2016-05-01 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    The author of the source material (Sapkowski) is generally a feminist himself, and in the books indeed women are portrayed in a positive light,
    I know the books, I've read all of them. But with this sentence I'm not sure I agree. I was under the impression that he was quite the opposite and being known for that as well. I would go as far as saying that a lot of people described him as mean old drunk that hates people, at least a couple years back. Maybe that was incorrect though, I can't really claim to have much knowledge about polish literary circles besides hear-say.

Deleted
    I know the books, I've read all of them. But with this sentence I'm not sure I agree. I was under the impression that he was quite the opposite and being known for that as well. I would go as far as saying that a lot of people described him as mean old drunk that hates people, at least a couple years back. Maybe that was incorrect though, I can't really claim to have much knowledge about polish literary circles besides hear-say.
    Oh definitely, he is an arrogant, mean old drunk who hates people. But has left-leaning and "progressive" (secular, feminist etc) political views. Such is life ;]

Well they're right guys. Have you forgotten?

A lot of people really butthurt about one critical comment. I hate SJW's as much as the next guy, but the backlash for this has been a little extreme; I'm not sure the anti-SJW community is any more intelligent or mature than the SJWs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    A lot of people really butthurt about one critical comment. I hate SJW's as much as the next guy, but the backlash for this has been a little extreme; I'm not sure the anti-SJW community is any more intelligent or mature than the SJWs.
    How is it saying that some crappy comment is bullshit, extreme?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    How is it saying that some crappy comment is bullshit, extreme?
    I'm not concerned as much about the backlash on platforms like twitter (although the gaming losers who have the time and energy to follow shit like this and go shitpost on peoples' twitter walls are pretty pathetic, imo), but the fact that people are leaving negative company ratings for the Chinese Room on Facebook and other sites based on things other than their games and customer service is just immature and extreme.

Somebody out there said something! Rabidfeminism bohoo omg! Grow a pair?

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-05-02 at 04:52 PM.

I'm not concerned as much about the backlash on platforms like twitter (although the gaming losers who have the time and energy to follow shit like this and go shitpost on peoples' twitter walls are pretty pathetic, imo), but the fact that people are leaving negative company ratings for the Chinese Room on Facebook and other sites based on things other than their games and customer service is just immature and extreme.
    Except their games are trash, people just likely never cared to give them crappy ratings before but will now that they opened their ignorant mouth. You act like people are giving bad ratings to you know, an actual good developer when that's not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is the Witcher 3. People are uber passionate about it. I'm not saying The Chinese Room is correct. They are DEAD WRONG but the fanbase for Witcher3 can get a wee bit absurd.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Things like this, really make me feel that Elysium based on IQ wouldn't be a bad idea. Honestly. Though this is just PR stunt it's still beyond horrible that some people actually think that. Fuck this planet.