Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Probably McRee or Reaper. Can't play support character, so I prefer to be the "click people to death" guy.

probably widowmaker/reaper/roadhog/a support.

While my heart is set on trying Tracer I expect to see 100 of them the first few hours

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Probably McRee or Reaper. Can't play support character, so I prefer to be the "click people to death" guy.
    Anyone can play support, what they mean with '' cant play support '' is '' I don't wanna play support '', heard the '' I cant play support '' 1000 times while playing LoL or Heroes.
    No one is gonna tell me they cant play Lucio to heal people : passive healing by not doing anything , 1 ability to increase passive healing and for the rest you shoot at people and drop the beat at 100%.

hell even Mercy is easy mode if you know how to hang back in a game and not be in front of your team.
    Last edited by FluFF; 2016-05-01 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    Soldier 76 or Mercy

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Symmetra tips.
    That was so helpful, thank you! Sometimes you just need to be told simple stuff that you would have found out by yourself over hours of playing. Thank you for enhancing my first ever game to be played as Symmetra.

On another subject... what to play first to learn to aim? I've never played any shooter before, and... I'm afraid xD

I recommend any newbies to play Mccree among offense heroes, his long range kit is hard to use for a beginner but his short range combo is extremely easy to pull and very satisfying, he is also ideal to learn to aim for a fps newbie, try to avoid playing Tracer/Genji until you get used to the game , as they both are really high skill cap heroes (especially Tracer).

Junkrat is the defense hero i would recommend, he is really easy to be useful, even spamming on shields helps team alot.

Among the tanks you will probbaly have most fun with Roadhog, most of the time being top on kills/damage, other tanks might get boring if you are not a dedicated tank player(especially Reinhardt and Winston), so pick Roadhog if you are foced to pick a tank in a group where no one wants to play one.

For supports , you ll probably want something that heals in 9 out of 10 rounds so Symmatra is a rare pick, among other three i find Zenyata to be the most fun as he can one shot any non tank with a fully charged attack and discord orb, Lucio feels boring with his horrible weapon, Mercy has a nice weapon but sometimes it becomes a hassle to switch to it and may cause your teammates to die.
    Last edited by Anaralah; 2016-05-01 at 04:21 PM.

Well, there were open beta 'weekends' (which was more like a 24 hour period). They weren't very well advertised but as someone who didn't have beta I have tried it already myself the last time it was offered.

I tried almost every hero, and two easiest ones to pick up and get right in the action are IMO Bastion and particularly Soldier 76.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    That was so helpful, thank you! Sometimes you just need to be told simple stuff that you would have found out by yourself over hours of playing. Thank you for enhancing my first ever game to be played as Symmetra.

On another subject... what to play first to learn to aim? I've never played any shooter before, and... I'm afraid xD
    You want to learn to get good at aiming, or do you want something that relies on aiming less? Either way you'll pick it up after so much time, just be ready to get your teeth kicked in while you learn.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Very excited to play a lot of tracer. I know shes definitely someone a lot of people are going to be playing, but her ability to blink around the map, and recall from sticky situations, makes her absolutely exhilarating to play. Very fond memories during the stress test weekends playing here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    If it makes you feel better, supports in overwatch aren't like a support in league or HotS. You can still click people to death fairly easily as a support, its just your other abilities are more "supportive" in nature rather than escapes/more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You want to learn to get good at aiming, or do you want something that relies on aiming less? Either way you'll pick it up after so much time, just be ready to get your teeth kicked in while you learn.
    Get good at aiming. Also, if you could tell me, what's an ok shooting accuracy % for a starter?

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify... I've never touched any kind of shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Reaper or Genji, not quite sure yet.
    The game is going to be filled with these two. It's going to be horrible to solo queue, I can tell you that.

Played the beta weekend and went right for Pharah. Love her character. She was fun to play with, though I used Bastion to actually wipe people out. He's so damn OP in a bottleneck.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Reinhardt .
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Played the beta weekend and went right for Pharah. Love her character. She was fun to play with, though I used Bastion to actually wipe people out. He's so damn OP in a bottleneck.
    Nothing like being the that bastion player, than being the player getting sprayed down by bastion . But Pharah is so strong when used properly. Reminds of old quake/ut rocket wars when you pharah v pharah.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Well, there were open beta 'weekends' (which was more like a 24 hour period). They weren't very well advertised but as someone who didn't have beta I have tried it already myself the last time it was offered.
    No there weren't , what you experienced was a stress test weekend and it was still invite only.
    If your account didn't got flagged you were shit out of luck, you just got flagged and got access for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The game is going to be filled with these two. It's going to be horrible to solo queue, I can tell you that.
    It will settle down after official release, everyone will jump on tracer/reaper/widowmaker/genji at the start, especially open beta filled with people wanting to finally play after 5 months but once you pass official release people will start to pick counter heroes to win the map.

Of course you will always run into '' that guy '' who plays 1 hero cause he think that hero is bae.
    Last edited by FluFF; 2016-05-01 at 05:40 PM.

Deleted
    Torbjörn since he's basically the only scandinavian videogame character ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    maining mercy. should be good fun i enjoyed the healing mechanics in the beta weekend.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Get good at aiming. Also, if you could tell me, what's an ok shooting accuracy % for a starter?

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify... I've never touched any kind of shooter.
    Wanna get good fast? Play lots of windowmaker and hanzo ha ha... If you can't land their shots you pretty much die, so its an incentive to not miss heh.
    For general shooting though I'd probably go with Soldier 76, he's very decent with the rifle/helix rockets, and the healing field is nice. I'd say decent accuracy for a beginner is something like 40-50%, but this is completely subjective and changes a bit depending on the character (i.e playing someone like Mei will probably yield lower accuracy due to her flamethrowerish nature of her weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebleeds View Post
    Torbjörn since he's basically the only scandinavian videogame character ever.
    You haven't played a lot of video games then.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Wanna get good fast? Play lots of windowmaker and hanzo ha ha... If you can't land their shots you pretty much die, so its an incentive to not miss heh.
    For general shooting though I'd probably go with Soldier 76, he's very decent with the rifle/helix rockets, and the healing field is nice. I'd say decent accuracy for a beginner is something like 40-50%, but this is completely subjective and changes a bit depending on the character (i.e playing someone like Mei will probably yield lower accuracy due to her flamethrowerish nature of her weapon).
    I was watching some streams of actually good players, and for Hanzo it was like ~20 to max 30%. Valid or not?

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah, just spam hanzo and widowmaker to learn to aim, there's no other way, thank you!