Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Horde [SPOILERS] Trolls, Vol'jin and the Zandalari

So, we know that Vol'jin is missing in action, and maybe he's even dead, and, there have been a few theories, and, I decided to, well, expand them. Keep in mind, this will be quite a long text, I believe, but I'll split this into three parts and put a tl;dr in all of them.

I- The Zandalari
    The Zandalari tribe isn't in a very good position. As we learned from Cho, Rastakhan didn't want to listen to Zul, which ended up with the capital of the Zandalari being flooded. Rastakhan couldn't keep the Zandalari safe, so they turned to Zul, who later lead the Zandalari in Pandaria, which didn't end up too well. Now, I believe that Rastakhan was dethroned, and the new king of Trolls is Zul. Now, if that's the case, then we can be sure that the people of the Zandalari have no problem with dethroning someone who isn't doing their job well. If that's the case, then Zul will surely do everything in his power to ensure the safety of his people. Meanwhile, it's very likely that Rastakhan still has followers, and I doubt he is very happy since he was dethroned.
    tl;dr: Rastakhan is dethroned, Zul becomes the king of the Trolls and does everything he can to keep his title.

II- Vol'jin
    So, the Legion is coming, and, obviously, they are the biggest threat yet. Realizing that we will need help to face Legion, or any other bigger threat, he tells Sylvanas that he will fake his death and that she will have to take over as the Warchief. It made sense for someone more experienced in leading an army to lead the Horde in it's darkest hour. After faking his death, he heads off to find Zul, and offers him and the Zandalari to join the Horde. Zul doesn't have any other choice, so the Zandalari join the Horde.
    tl;dr: Vol'jin fakes his death, finds Zul and convinces him to join the Horde.

III- The Aftermath
    The number of the Trolls in the Horde drastically increases, and we finally get a few well established Trolls. Rastakhan wants revenge, and that opens up a new potential Troll raid. Blizzard said they would like to do subraces, and this way we could get to play Forest Trolls.
    tl;dr: We get well known Troll characters other than Vol'jin, a new storyline with Rastakhan, a possible new subrace.

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    So, we know that Vol'jin is missing in action, and maybe he's even dead, and, there have been a few theories, and, I decided to, well, expand them. Keep in mind, this will be quite a long text, I believe, but I'll split this into three parts and put a tl;dr in all of them.

I- The Zandalari
    The Zandalari tribe isn't in a very good position. As we learned from Cho, Rastakhan didn't want to listen to Zul, which ended up with the capital of the Zandalari being flooded. Rastakhan couldn't keep the Zandalari safe, so they turned to Zul, who later lead the Zandalari in Pandaria, which didn't end up too well. Now, I believe that Rastakhan was dethroned, and the new king of Trolls is Zul. Now, if that's the case, then we can be sure that the people of the Zandalari have no problem with dethroning someone who isn't doing their job well. If that's the case, then Zul will surely do everything in his power to ensure the safety of his people. Meanwhile, it's very likely that Rastakhan still has followers, and I doubt he is very happy since he was dethroned.
    tl;dr: Rastakhan is dethroned, Zul becomes the king of the Trolls and does everything he can to keep his title.

II- Vol'jin
    So, the Legion is coming, and, obviously, they are the biggest threat yet. Realizing that we will need help to face Legion, or any other bigger threat, he tells Sylvanas that he will fake his death and that she will have to take over as the Warchief. It made sense for someone more experienced in leading an army to lead the Horde in it's darkest hour. After faking his death, he heads off to find Zul, and offers him and the Zandalari to join the Horde. Zul doesn't have any other choice, so the Zandalari join the Horde.
    tl;dr: Vol'jin fakes his death, finds Zul and convinces him to join the Horde.

III- The Aftermath
    The number of the Trolls in the Horde drastically increases, and we finally get a few well established Trolls. Rastakhan wants revenge, and that opens up a new potential Troll raid. Blizzard said they would like to do subraces, and this way we could get to play Forest Trolls.
    tl;dr: We get well known Troll characters other than Vol'jin, a new storyline with Rastakhan, a possible new subrace.
    This 100%. I really love the idea. Kudos for that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    This 100%. I really love the idea. Kudos for that one!
    Thanks man.

Sounds cool. Dunno how this counts as spoiler though.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Sounds cool. Dunno how this counts as spoiler though.
    Well, Vol'Jin is missing in action, and I think a few people still don't know that.

I agree with you, I thought about it when I read about Voljin and Sylvanas talking and the same idea came to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by draigo View Post
    I agree with you, I thought about it when I read about Voljin and Sylvanas talking and the same idea came to my mind.
    Hm, I'm actually really happy that you agree with me.

So troll
    /10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    So troll
    /10 chars
    Wha--- ooooooh...
    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...yB4j6G6idNdUOA

Deleted
    Something that is kinda weird: Why would Vol'jin fake his death to bring Zandalari into horde ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Something that is kinda weird: Why would Vol'jin fake his death to bring Zandalari into horde ?
    I really don't think Vol'jin would want people to know what he's doing.

Blizz gief us more troll raids, havent had one since mop

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    Blizz gief us more troll raids, havent had one since mop
    Those are honestly my favorite raids.

Those are honestly my favorite raids.
    visualy the best and the gear is always awesome looking

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I really don't think Vol'jin would want people to know what he's doing.
    Maybe he is ashamed because he is hiding from enemy instead of fighting and is leaving leadership to others while he is going on a safe and nice trip. I mean, even he has some dignity.

Well, Vol'Jin is missing in action, and I think a few people still don't know that.
    Makes sense, but I still believe visiting a thread that has "SPOILERS" in its title and finding mostly speculation(even though they sound cool) is rather frustrating.

That being said, I don't know why Vol'jin would need to fake his death. He could simply leave his seat to Sylvanas and go do his own thing. He doesn't even need to do that IMO. Like Thrall sending Garrosh to Northrend, he could send Sylvanas to command the Horde forces. No need to step down. Who is he hiding from anyway, the Legion? Is he a big name among the demons?

And if he turns out to be killed in action, well, that would be a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Makes sense, but I still believe visiting a thread that has "SPOILERS" in its title and finding mostly speculation(even though they sound cool) is rather frustrating.

That being said, I don't know why Vol'jin would need to fake his death. He could simply leave his seat to Sylvanas and go do his own thing. He doesn't even need to do that IMO. Like Thrall sending Garrosh to Northrend, he could send Sylvanas to command the Horde forces. No need to step down. Who is he hiding from anyway, the Legion? Is he a big name among the demons?

And if he turns out to be killed in action, well, that would be a tragedy.
    I don't think Vol'jin would want to take any risks, I imagine it to be like 'I don't want anyone to follow me, I'll fake my own death', and as for Sylvanas becoming the Warchief, everyone thinks Vol'jin is dead so of course they'll appoint a new Warchief. And, for the spoilers thing, I see what you mean but I still didn't want to risk it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Vol'jin would want to take any risks, I imagine it to be like 'I don't want anyone to follow me, I'll fake my own death', and as for Sylvanas becoming the Warchief, everyone thinks Vol'jin is dead so of course they'll appoint a new Warchief. And, for the spoilers thing, I see what you mean but I still didn't want to risk it.
    And who the hell is gonna follow him ? And im sure as hell he isn't gonna take risk by increasing distance between him and danger.

The entire "vol'jin fakes his death" theory that was born purely from denial of some people lacks both hands and legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And who the hell is gonna follow him ? And im sure as hell he isn't gonna take risk by increasing distance between him and danger.

The entire "vol'jin fakes his death" theory that was born purely from denial of some people lacks both hands and legs.
    Y'know, there are always ways that the enemy can find out your plans and your location. If the Legion found out what he's planning, I'm pretty sure they'd send someone to get him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'know, there are always ways that the enemy can find out your plans and your location. If the Legion found out what he's planning, I'm pretty sure they'd send someone to get him.
    Well they aren't sending anyone to get....anyone else ? Like people who actually matter (like sylvie). Or people who have history with them (like velen). No only vol'jin, the hero, the legend, the one and only alpha male is so important to be pushed into this strategy.

Please.....