Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Pharah > Soldier 76 > Hanzo

Pharah, Tracer or Junkrat, havent decided yet. I like explosions, yet Tracer looks like amazing fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I was watching some streams of actually good players, and for Hanzo it was like ~20 to max 30%. Valid or not?

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah, just spam hanzo and widowmaker to learn to aim, there's no other way, thank you!
    Yeah, definitely lower for the sniper classes unless you're fairly godly. Especially with Hanzo, since he has the whole "ricocheting arrow" thing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yeah, definitely lower for the sniper classes unless you're fairly godly. Especially with Hanzo, since he has the whole "ricocheting arrow" thing going on.
    His ricochet counts as shots?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer14 View Post
    If you are not hyped then why you here?
    Because i dont have to be hyped to be here?

I am still looking forward to trying the game, as i said.

Reinhardt because hes the best tank in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    His ricochet counts as shots?
    No but I think (not positive though) that if it ricochets it does more damage, so people try to do things like bank shots and such to kill people rather than shooting directly at them, and end up missing more as a result.
    In my experience it was the good Widowmakers you had to worry about rather than Hanzo.
    Last edited by Phookah; 2016-05-01 at 07:54 PM.

No but I think (not positive though) that if it ricochets it does more damage, so people try to do things like bank shots and such to kill people rather than shooting directly at them, and end up missing more as a result.
    In my experience it was the good Widowmakers you had to worry about rather than Hanzo.
    I will need to wait until Wed, I guess. I really hope that I like this game.

That was so helpful, thank you! Sometimes you just need to be told simple stuff that you would have found out by yourself over hours of playing. Thank you for enhancing my first ever game to be played as Symmetra.

On another subject... what to play first to learn to aim? I've never played any shooter before, and... I'm afraid xD
    some new people take days or weeks of playing to realize her orb goes through things or her beam gets stronger when sustained. some never realize proper usage of turrets

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotles View Post
    Reinhardt because hes the best tank in the game.
    he has a place in certain situations like any hero but not all situations and certain heroes counter him handedly. there is no one hero who is the best at their role proper.

No... Reinhardt is the best.

Ricochet is an activated ability designed for close to medium range (or possibly bouncing it into an area with an enemy that is staying out of sight). Ideally a shot using it will be aimed very near the target so that as many of the arrows that spawn from the point of impact will in fact hit the target, and can be a way of dealing with multiple enemies.

Last I checked, his normal shots don't ricochet, so if some one is trying to do that then all they are doing is sticking arrows in the wall.

As for me, I'll try and spend more time on Symmetra if I can. She was one of the few heroes that I didn't feel like I really caught on with nearly as quickly as the others during the stress test, and I've since watched some guides and tips and I'm itching to try again. Of course, it depends on how often I get maps and teams that work with a Symmetra, but she's definitely going to be one I try to fit in as often as possible.

Oddly enough, I didn't try Soldier 76 or McCree at all during that weekend either, so I'll give them a shot (har har...) this week.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2016-05-02 at 03:38 AM.

My advice: not Tracer. Unless you're seriously game.

Pharah is a great starter hero IMO. Also Soldier 76, Reinhardt, Bastion, Lucio.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotles View Post
    No... Reinhardt is the best.
    Wait till a good Tracer glues herself to your back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Mei

there is no map where she is not useful, however, many toss her aside due to her "lack of damage" -- which is obviously a lie if you know how to play her

support wise, she is able to help push forwards or backwards depending on the situation

That was so helpful, thank you! Sometimes you just need to be told simple stuff that you would have found out by yourself over hours of playing. Thank you for enhancing my first ever game to be played as Symmetra.

On another subject... what to play first to learn to aim? I've never played any shooter before, and... I'm afraid xD
    McCree? Don't jump right into a sniper IMO :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Mei

there is no map where she is not useful, however, many toss her aside due to her "lack of damage" -- which is obviously a lie if you know how to play her

support wise, she is able to help push forwards or backwards depending on the situation
    If you're new and want to play Mei, remember - cover. Always. She's strong up close, weak at range and an easy sniper kill if you're exposed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If you're new and want to play Mei, remember - cover. Always. She's strong up close, weak at range and an easy sniper kill if you're exposed.

thanks for the heads up... but not new

as for the sniper bit ... all non tank characters are easy to snipe.... tanks just take a bit longer

also for mei, freeze and put an icicle or two in their head they moment they freeze over, hell even punch them if you run out of ammo. Saw too many mei's even at the end of closed beta just constantly spraying frozen targets.

Deleted
    I know I suck at twitch reflexes so I'll probably never play Widowmaker nor McCree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bastion, I have had a hard-on for that pile of fine metal.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

A word of advice; learn to enjoy at least one character per role, and fill roles that are needed. I was in closed beta since last October, and I can tell you, nothing is worse than a bunch of shitty offensive characters when you're trying to defend, or a bunch of widowmakers when you're attacking.

If you're solo queueing, don't be a dingus, play characters that are useful for the situation. There are definitely times when roles can be flexible (bastions or torbs riding the payload, Soldier76 or Pharah on defense all spring to mind).

My favourite is definitely Zenyatta. Here's some free tips.

Zenyatta ties for lowest health in the game, but his utility and damage are crazy. 2/3rd's of your health are shields, which means if you take even a scratch it's time to hide for a few seconds. Never ever be ahead of the frontliners, your small silhouette means you can hide behind almost anyone, and you should!

Keep orbs (healing and debuff) up at all times (they fall off after about 5 seconds out of LoS now)- keep in mind that orb of discord is a flat damage% buff; one thing to definitely try is to discord a beefy character like roadhog or D.VA and blast them down with a flurry of altfire. Zenyatta can mow down a high health character extremely quickly if they aren't paying close attention, go for headshots wherever possible.

Transcendence (his ult) should be used aggressively. Short of knocking you back it can stall a payload, cockblock a cap, give some precious seconds of overtime or keep up an entire rush or defensive line. While transcending, get in front of your allies- the graphic is large and obscures sight as well as being very distracting (people will probably try to wait it out and kill you when it drops too, wasting even more of their time). Obviously you should start to back off or get out of line of sight in the last few seconds.

Because his attacks are projectiles and not hitscan, you can suppress an approach very well with Zenyatta. A fully charged altfire is extremely deadly to paper-thin offense characters that have to come at you through a hallway or door.

Good luck and ffs don't play Genji on defense, thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFanciestofPants View Post
    A word of advice; learn to enjoy at least one character per role, and fill roles that are needed. I was in closed beta since last October, and I can tell you, nothing is worse than a bunch of shitty offensive characters when you're trying to defend, or a bunch of widowmakers when you're attacking.

If you're solo queueing, don't be a dingus, play characters that are useful for the situation. There are definitely times when roles can be flexible (bastions or torbs riding the payload, Soldier76 or Pharah on defense all spring to mind).

My favourite is definitely Zenyatta. Here's some free tips.

Zenyatta ties for lowest health in the game, but his utility and damage are crazy. 2/3rd's of your health are shields, which means if you take even a scratch it's time to hide for a few seconds. Never ever be ahead of the frontliners, your small silhouette means you can hide behind almost anyone, and you should!

Keep orbs (healing and debuff) up at all times (they fall off after about 5 seconds out of LoS now)- keep in mind that orb of discord is a flat damage% buff; one thing to definitely try is to discord a beefy character like roadhog or D.VA and blast them down with a flurry of altfire. Zenyatta can mow down a high health character extremely quickly if they aren't paying close attention, go for headshots wherever possible.

Transcendence (his ult) should be used aggressively. Short of knocking you back it can stall a payload, cockblock a cap, give some precious seconds of overtime or keep up an entire rush or defensive line. While transcending, get in front of your allies- the graphic is large and obscures sight as well as being very distracting (people will probably try to wait it out and kill you when it drops too, wasting even more of their time). Obviously you should start to back off or get out of line of sight in the last few seconds.

Because his attacks are projectiles and not hitscan, you can suppress an approach very well with Zenyatta. A fully charged altfire is extremely deadly to paper-thin offense characters that have to come at you through a hallway or door.

Good luck and ffs don't play Genji on defense, thanks!
    I don't heal. Sorry, that's one role I will never fill.

In Overwatch I also don't tank, as it seems tanks in this game have a very low kill potential. Reinhardt being melee in a game dominated by ranged characters, D.va has a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide spread shot gun that only kills if the enemy is in your face, so practically she's also melee, and the 3rd tank is a monkey with a short range weapon and also melee attacks when ult is up, basically another melee-medium range character in a game dominated by ranged character.