Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    In the circles I travel in neckbeard means something else than just a weirdly shaved beard.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    I had one while I was unemployed, resolved only to get it shaved when I got an interview. That unfortunately took many months since that was doing the recession several years ago, but got one eventually. Didn't really grow to any extreme lengths though it did cover a lot of area with small hairs. I never minded it personally and don't see why it would matter other than it being stereotyped for the fatties out there to try to hide their excessive chins. I mean you look at Andrew Luck and no one complains since he's a rich athlete.
    Difficult to think of an occupation that actually cares about groomed facial hair outside of customer and food services.

Because "Neckbeards" are men. And Men are okay to be ridiculed publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Difficult to think of an occupation that actually cares about groomed facial hair outside of customer and food services.
    It doesn't effect the job but it certainly effects the opinion of the person interviewing you which is tied to your chance of getting hired in the first place.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

lol. that's fuckin hilarious. That is the only real neck beard I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    It doesn't effect the job but it certainly effects the opinion of the person interviewing you which is tied to your chance of getting hired in the first place.
    In what field? Science/tech is beard-haven. Finance wasn't so different. As long as you're groomed whether it be the hair on your head or the clothes that you're wearing, it's never really crossed my mind.

Deleted
    I really want to become a neckbeard. How can I do it?

15+ Year Old Account
    So is the line drawn between having beard only on your neck or does it account beard styles that include it both on your face and neck? Because a lot of the latter ones would just look silly without the neck part. Then again a well groomed neck beard that stylishly extends to the lowest partition of your jawline looks great as well.

I'm confused about the hate it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    In what field? Science/tech is beard-haven. Finance wasn't so different. As long as you're groomed whether it be the hair on your head or the clothes that you're wearing, it's never really crossed my mind.
    See, here's the problem. Do we count all beards that are on the neckish area or just the non groomed ones? Because the non groomed beard looks lazy and dirty. Well groomed one makes you look stylish (most often).
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2016-05-01 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    So is the line drawn between having beard only on your neck or does it account beard styles that include it both on your face and neck? Because a lot of the latter ones would just look silly without the neck part. Then again a well groomed neck beard that stylishly extends to the lowest partition of your jawline looks great as well.

I'm confused about the hate it gets.

See, here's the problem. Do we count all beards that are on the neckish area or just the non groomed ones? Because the non groomed beard looks lazy and dirty, well groomed one makes you look stylish (most often).
    Andrew Luck apparently has a neckbeard despite maybe 2 inches of cheekbeard and appears to be the posterboy of neckbeards so I have no clue what a neckbeard is exactly, either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Because "Neckbeards" are men. And Men are okay to be ridiculed publicly.
    Yeah no, that's not it. It's probably for the same reason why, for example, women with blue or green hair sometimes seem to have a certain stigma attached to them online. Stereotypes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neckbeards are like cat with manes around their head.
    Spoiler: 

Some might like it, but don't you dare putting a mane around my head.

As to why you humans fancy having hair beneath your chin, and only at that place really amazes me. Oh, I forgot, I used to be a human. Normal beard was the way with the ladies. Not that I had fancied anyone.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2016-05-01 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Oh dear, oh dear..

Neck beards are way better than the overly trimmed and manicured beards with ridiculously straight lines and 90 degree right angles. Let your beard run free and natural you gosh darn ladyboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Yeah no, that's not it. It's probably for the same reason why, for example, women with blue or green hair sometimes seem to have a certain stigma attached to them online. Stereotypes.
    Oh, I do agree that stereotypes are the reason why these stigmas and mockeries exist, yes.

I went straight to a question that the OP didn't even ask and I completely overlooked that it wasn't present on the OP, until it was too late and I had already replied: "Why is it generally okay and accepted to do so?"

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    GIS reveals so wide an array of beards that I am not sure what a neckbeard is actually.

I thought men just had beards; long, short, scruffy, goatee and scooped.

Whatever kind of beard this is:

Super hot.

This is hot too:

Beards are cool.
    Don't be stupid, you find that kind of beard hot because the guy attached to it is freaking Henry Cavill

Quote Originally Posted by Backlashe View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Um, fedora = horrible people. Period.
    It's a tribly not a fedora. That is part of the reason for the hate IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    Don't be stupid, you find that kind of beard hot because the guy attached to it is freaking Henry Cavill
    Cavil is a plus. But the beard style is still hot.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-05-01 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I went straight to a question that the OP didn't even ask and I completely overlooked that it wasn't present on the OP, until it was too late and I had already replied: "Why is it generally okay and accepted to do so?"
    It's not more or less "accepted" than making fun of the stereotype I have mentioned. At least not with the average internet crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Google slut; bet you are only going to see women; but men can get called one too. Google images doesn't make an argument.
    Men cannot be a slut. That is a word for a woman. The male term is "man whore". Google images IS an argument because it is based on how people think. Type in slut or neckbeard or gangsta and have a look at what you get. It might be one sided towards a certain gender or race but that is exactly how people think when they visualise these things. Just because you disagree doesn't mean that you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    It's not more or less "accepted" than making fun of the stereotype I have mentioned. At least not with the average internet crowd.
    Well, I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree - because, to me, it seems it's simply another case of double standards.

You mock a purple haired women - and you'll get side looks and people calling you misogynist. You mock a neck-beard and people will probably even tag along.

Because neckbeards, along with fedoras, are associated with "nice guys."