Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisboss View Post
    do you have any proof that the op is tennisace?
    I take back my previous post, given the langauge in this post -- adressing oneself ("the op") in the third person is a pretty clear indicator that this likely is Tennisace despite him giving the impression that he identifies as female (which would not fit him normally).

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys attracted to insecure women have shady shit on their phones. Insecure women look through their partners phones because that's what insecure people do.

Neither one gives a damn about the phone in a faithful relationship.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Neither one gives a damn about the phone in a faithful relationship.
    Very much this.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    That's some seriously fucked up shit. I wouldn't share any digital account with my SO. That's a disaster just waiting to happen.
    oh yes it was super fucked up lol, it was so bad....he even would get pissed at me if i didn't tell him my password to all of my stuff. even my iPhone passcode...which i didn't give into his bullshit cause i wasn't going to let him control me like that lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeupOnFLEEK View Post
    omg...speaking of that...my crazy overly jealous ex wanted me to delete my Facebook and have an account with only him...aka "couple's Facebook account"
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeupOnFLEEK View Post
    oh yes it was super fucked up lol, it was so bad....he even would get pissed at me if i didn't tell him my password to all of my stuff. even my iPhone passcode...which i didn't give into his bullshit cause i wasn't going to let him control me like that lol
    Oh god. That does indeed sound waaaay over the top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Can I ask why you still even have it on your phone then?
    I blame cheap sd cards and laziness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because then they'll see all your side chicks.

Cause if you are checking his phone without asking permission - it's fucking disrespectful. If girl is even asking such question, she 100% have very low moral standards.

Because a GF that does that is usually a GF that snoops for issues to make a fuss about, even if it's really nothing.

Deleted
    Privacy maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I take back my previous post, given the langauge in this post -- adressing oneself ("the op") in the third person is a pretty clear indicator that this likely is Tennisace despite him giving the impression that he identifies as female (which would not fit him normally).
    Tennisace have made threads using that form before(why do guys/men do something to girls/women(implying women don't do the same something))

OT: I have no problem with my gf checking my phone if she asks first(except for the obvious exceptions like Christmas and her birthday), but if she starts snooping around without asking, I'm not the one with trust issues and I don't date people who don't trust me or whom I can't trust.

10+ Year Old Account
    why do men have problem with gf looking in their phone? why get so angry if you check their phone if they are away?
    As if women like that, my ex-gf used to do this and it was annoying me to no end, on the other hand if I would do it with her phone - that would be a major offense and puffy cheeks for half a day.

The op's original question didn't say whether there was any conversation about it or if the girl just picked it up and started looking through it.

My two coppers:

Scenario a: Girl asks to see phone to make a call, play a game, check the time, whatever. Guy freaks out.
    Scenario b: Girl picks up the phone and starts going through it without asking or saying anything. Guy freaks out.

In scenario a, it's not about trust as much as about hiding something. Anyone I've ever been around in my life who was honest and open would happily hand me their phone, male or female, relationship or not.

In scenario b, the person doing the snooping has a real problem and probably isn't ready for a mature, trusting relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    If my partner has the need to check up on me and there's no history of me doing anything wrong, just her jealousy or other issues it is a sign of lack of trust and the relationship is doomed to fail since this is just destructive behavior, regardless of who does it in the relationship.

Honestly for me it's a sign the other is cheating only a cheater suspects the other of cheating or hiding things.

Deleted
    Some people have experienced a relationship where one was unfaithful, they will probably not trust someone like that again for quite some time.
    When you notice that in your current girl/boyfriend then you need to talk about it, don't start a argument just ask for their reasoning for looking into your phone etc.

In my case it went like this:
    "I just really like you, but you hang out with all sorts of people. Not that I don't want you to but sometimes I just get a little jealous and this little voice in my head thinks that your cheating."

It's not that they want to think that but if you are ever betrayed like then it can be quite difficult to get over. In the Netherlands is this dj, he had a pregnant girlfriend, twins and they were born early. They had to stay in the hospital and went through a roller coaster of emotions because of this. And after that he gets informed by the hospital that he is in fact not the biological father. Well I don't know what I would do in that situation but daammnnnn, that would definitely have a impact on how fast I trust people for some time after that.

At this point I thought it was more cute then annoying but I just told her she could come along anytime she wanted and even look into my phone if it was what she needed.
    It might also be worth noting that she didn't do this at the start of our relationship but started doing this when we got serious.

I didn't really mind it to begin with but its the sign of distrust that I don't like. After that she hardly touched my phone. She did go out more with me because she connected with some of my friends as well. I think how you approach such a problem is key, If you do the right things but he/she still doesn't trust you then it is indeed time to pick up your things and leave.

If you are my GF and you trust me then why do you need to look in my phone? what is so interesting about my phone you need to look at it? It's a phone, it does the same thing as everyone else's phone (mostly).

When I first read this title I misunderstood and thought you were asking why do so many men have an issue with their GF looking in their (the GF's own) phone. As if they are always looking at the phone and never anything else. That is what annoys me, only because she gets pissed off when I look at mine but she is ok staring at her's all day. /end rant

10+ Year Old Account
    why do men have problem with gf looking in their phone? why get so angry if you check their phone if they are away?
    Poorly asked question. I am a man, and I have no problem with my g/f looking at my phone. Some men don't feel comfortable with it, for various reasons. But not all men have a problem with it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

cuz its undisciplined curiosity and their sole intent to know what other girl friends you have and its this behavior that i despise
    you are aloud to kill a woman if she looks in yr phone without your approval

I don't like anyone looking in my phone. I have nothing to hide, but I don't appreciate the invasion of privacy.

I personally have gotten very upset when I found out my GF went through my phone without asking. Had she asked I would have said fine, but she was doing it sneaky beaky style which made me really pissed.