Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Isnt it part of the pathfinder achievement? If yes, then it is not optional.
    Flying is your choice mate, nobody is holding a gun to your head

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    You wont have time for an alt army, I would be glad if they made it like BC where you had 1 or 2 capped toons that were the focus. The rest bank alts lol, I think making alts so easy comes with a price of making the game too fast to blow through and bypass. Make everything count, I dont care if I dont have 18 110s, much rather have 1 or 2 that are deeply involved in the progression of the expansion.
    Yeah I would actually welcome that. It'd be nice to have enough content to keep just one or two characters occupied for the whole expansion.

Copy and pasted from other thread, and added a few things I previously said.

Suramar is the 80's dream. Arguably the best looking zone ever created thus far. With the strong magenta, blue and street night lights at dusk, this thing just screams Miami Vice, Miami Nights! This zone has so much potential. I mean this is a pvp'ers "wet dream " of a zone. Imagine they put random chests that spawned in there, in different buildings and floors. Add random buff spawns too and vendors. I mean that city could be the GTA dream that wow has always needed. The detail and amount of models used in that zone is "next level". Make us spill blood in the streets there. This is the dream zone. Im wet . .

This zone really could be the place where everyone wants to go for fun and gear instead of doing Raids, BG's, and Arena. Seriously, if they put random chest that spawn (drops gear, transmog, mounts, 1k-40k gold, etc.) then this place would get everyone outside the city. Bring it back to a place of wonder and danger and luck. You never know, today could be your day in this zone. This place is so well done, lets not waste it. This place needs fights going on everywhere, period! xD

Deleted
    What I've heard about Suramar gets a bit fat thumbs up from me. Not all the player base will be interested but that's kind of the point; not all the player base is interested in PvP, pet battles, professions or even raiding - the less homogenisation in the game the more interesting it is.

blizzard will find your saving grace, and then put holes the size of half-dollars through its hands and feet and watch it die of respiratory failure,

you haven't figure dit out yet have you, buy more you stinky capitalist behemoth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The fuck are you talking about? Mmos have always been about advancing your characters and playing with other people and never about story. If you want to "experience "something rather than play it, go play a shitty walking simulator.
    Please, do tell us a MMORPG without story. I'll be waiting here.

...b-but raids or it's worthless! D:

Everyone knows that WoW is about as much of an RPG as Call of Duty's multiplayer and the people it's drawn over the years will bitch and complain if content isn't progression/raid orientated.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and how many times will you go there on alts ? yes you will do it on week 1 just like eveyrbody and then what ? because blizard decied to put it as mandatory grind for flying - probably to force people in there as they wouldnt set a foot in there without rewards. it will be completly ghost zone and an argument for blizz for not implementing more then 2 raid tiers again because they wasted resources on this shit - this should be normal leveling zone if the story in there is soo good.
    I don't care at all about alts, alt-orienting content is what ruined the game in the first place. If you want to have 2 functional characters it should be 2 times the effort, not 1,2 times with added catch-up content. If Blizzard offers a fantastic story to my main that will keep me occupied for a few weeks/months, and if they continue to work on the zone by revamping it in future patches (like the Vale in MOP) then it definitely won't be a dead zone or wasted resources.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Flying is your choice mate, nobody is holding a gun to your head
    Really? Try to go to tanaan and join group to do objectives and stay on your ground mount.. See how well it goes. Anyway, i am not complaining about it, i have no problem with content that must be done... But it is not optional
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Blizzard said there are around 300 quests in Suramar... You only have to do a select few of the questlines (amount to around 20-30 quests) for the flying achievement or world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Dross View Post
    Suramar seems like a wonderful concept. Content for the sake of content! Something that makes WoW feel more like an RPG and less like a facebook game.

For those that haven't paid attention to it, let me sum it up:

-Max level only zone.
    -200+ Quests
    -Very little in the way of gear or artifact power rewards. Mainly just gold rewards, and they'll probably throw some cosmetic stuff in there at launch, making the zone pretty much totally optional.
    -Story driven quests, not "Fill up the bar" quests.
    -Larger zone than it looks due to underground tunnels and such, will take a long time to fully explore.
    -Questing for the sake of experiencing a story, not as a means to reach an end.

I'm not seeing much discussion on here, or the official forums, or on youtube from content creators. Only Preach Gaming has made a comprehensive video on the subject.

I don't have privelege to post videos yet, but I assume y'all can figure out how to go on the youtubes and find Preach's video about it.

So basically, we have a completely optional zone available at max level, full of lore-heavy quests that are there solely for the sake of enjoying the questing content itself instead of a means to be rewarded with gear. It's the complete opposite of Tanaan Jungle which was a boring grind for gear and gear upgrades.

While this doesn't seem to be alt-friendly, I think this is the right direction for the game. WoD tried to be alt-friendly, but ended up being alt-intensive. If you weren't running multiple garrisons, you were way behind in making gold compared to those who were.

Now I'll have content to experience for a while after launch. I imagine after launch I'll be levelling, then running dungeons and doing world quests for gear so I'm ready to raid ASAP. Then after I start raiding, I'll have something to explore and experience in between raids.

This zone also has potential to be a system for adding more post-launch content. Maybe they'll revamp the zone for 7.2 and advance the story.

What do you guys think?
    Well I'm loving Suramar, it's an amazing zone, but it's not finished yet. It's opened up for testing, but it's not finished

Still lots of bugs, half the city doens't have all its textures and colours in, most testers are currently staying away from it or taking it slow there while blizzard finishes off the bugs and completes the zone.

but yeah it has the potential to be the most exciting zone ever, and there are lots of topics on it, i started 3 myself, and since then i noticed others have. Mine aren't that popular though.

Deleted
    Neat! Did you know games were founded with little to no story and the games with the best gameplay ever mave have little to no story?

The fuck are you talking about? Mmos have always been about advancing your characters and playing with other people and never about story. If you want to "experience "something rather than play it, go play a shitty walking simulator.
    I don't know how people aren't catching onto your shitposts.

But yeah, Suramar's looking good, only shadowed for me by the fact that amount of story driven (no vignettes or those fucking bonus objectives) world content used to be the norm back in MoP. RIP 5.1, the perfect formula.
    Last edited by mmocd5e083015a; 2016-05-01 at 09:28 PM.

Neat! Did you know games were founded with little to no story and the games with the best gameplay ever mave have little to no story?

I think you are mistaking mmorpgs for wow, every mmo around has been a lot about story and stuff, just that in wow, you ignored most of the story becasue you couldn't be bothered to read. Most of the new ones have fancy voice overs and fancy cut scenes that tell you the stoyr, but they all have a story, and the story of warcraft has been one of its best features.

you don't have to like or be involved in a story to enjoy a really good game. But a story is what makes a game sense, and is the foundation of a roleplaying game. They all tell one, it's what they're about. They just also don't forget they're games and games need to be fun.

Blizzards games are enjoyed by so many because they do BOTH aspects well, it's nonsense to think that wow has no story simply because you haven't bothered with or haven't needed to get involved with it to enjoy the game. It's your loss ofc, the story is great, but it has been a pain to get into it because of its presentation -i.e. in quest text boxes, most people don't want to read, so most don't get the story, good thing for wow is that the game is very enjoyable and fun to play so people will play, whether they get into the story or not.

But as a game maker, especially one who wants to branch out into books, movies ,, Tv series, .. you want people into your story, especially when everyone that gets into it actually loves it, you know you have something good. So it becomes worth investing in bringing it out better.

Man if wow had done story like SWTOR does, it would have been game over, the following would probably 3 to 4 times as big as it is now. If not more. Nothing is more powerful than an engaging story. Fun and interactive fun you find complement story not overshadow it.

what does the OP mean nobody talking about it? theres like 4 threads on the zone.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    I, for one don't really care for or expect blizzard to make content that I really want to do on alts. Doesn't that just beg people to get burned out repeating content? I'd rather they kept my main so busy that I didn't even bother with alts.
    I always have to laugh when the WoW fanboys jump into these threads. If Blizzard decided that every toon could only walk, the fanboys would be on these boards cheering them on. "We never wanted to ride anywhere anyway!!!"

The game allows each account 50 toons. That sort of implies that subscribers will roll multiple alts. Why wouldn't there be an expectation that a major zone would be replayable? Even if it has got lots of quests, Suramar isn't going to keep a main occupied for any length of time. And then what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really care for the zone if I don't get anything from it...

WoW's story has been shit tier for several expansions so questing for the sake of it and to hear the story has almost no value to me at all.

I have been playing through it. It's good. There was rares which was fun and chests were around the area too. The chests sometimes had some artifact power. I wish the quests had small amounts of artifact power.

I had the group up a couple times to kill a rare which was fun. made friends with a random paladin I may not of known since he was trying to solo a rare and I had to step in and heal him. Maybe the chests will be enough to get people going over there.
    Last edited by Packetsurge; 2016-05-02 at 04:28 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about that, since my favourite games that have the most fun Gameplay for me are also story driven.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I don't know about that, since my favourite games that have the most fun Gameplay for me are also story driven.
    Well I am glad I filled you in on that fact. My favorite games are story driven too, but they will never be as good as mario 64, oot and the like with no story and are just pure gameplay. Just remember, you liking something doesn't mean it's good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people saying there are no rewards at Suramar?

You get a shit ton of gold from doing the quests, as well as some artifact power. You're also going to be able to attain some new artifact wep skins. It would be cool if they added some mount or other cosmetic armors (they might). But my point is, there are rewards.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed