Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    OP, you are like the second person I've seen mention this Battleborn. WTF is it, and how come nobody has really heard of it before the past couple of days???
    I tried it. Didn't like it. Won't have it in my house and I love Gearbox.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It's a minor difference no matter how you feel about it. It's not like it changes your role from damage to tank or healer.
    Certainly more variety than is in Overwatch though. You may not change roles, but the way one Thorn plays compared to another can feel very different. It does mean that support characters can either be much more support / healing oriented or damage oriented. It means you can play a character you like in multiple ways depending on group composition.

OW is also a first rate shooter, as in the actual shooting, it just happens to also have many classes and abilities

you dont even need to have that, CS doesnt have classes or abilities and is still monstrously popular still 16 years later

OW just has it

BB is more like a MOBA that can have a first person view

if I wanted to play a new ~Smite like game (I dont) I'd pick BB

if I wanted to play an FPS - BB wouldnt even be on my list .. currently only OW, DOOM and new UT4 are on my FPS releases list .. Titanfall 2 is a maybe

Does anyone remember that time when Guild Wars 2 and the pre patch of MoP was deployed?

This is exactly the same reaction as that time. Nothing new, and nothing new to discuss.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
    I have! It was just ok to me. My issues with it:

1. Not enough abilities per character.
    2. Characters play the same each time, with no way to customize playstyle within each character. In combination with #1, after a few hours of playing I felt like I'd experienced 80% of the game.
    3. Only progression is your growth in skill as a player. Skins, taunts, and sprays are fun, but don't really get me excited.
    4. I don't like that switching characters during the game is a key part of gameplay strategy. I prefer games where I can get attached to the character I pick. To me, the way Overwatch does it makes them feel less like actual characters and more like classes. Kind of goes against the whole "Hero Shooter" thematic.
    5. No story or co-op modes.

The beta for Overwatch actually made me less likely to buy it. Battleborn, however, doesn't have any of those issues, so it's more the game for me.
    I wouldn't mind a HotS-esque Talent System for Overwatch, but I don't need it. I also enjoy swapping characters, but that's just me. The lack of story/co-op mode is indeed disappointing, but we've known about that for ages.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    What is Battleborn? Is it the next supposed "WoWkiller" or something? It will like the 13th or something now, right?

*Shrugs* Whatever. I doubt that Activision-Blizzard is afraid of anything... They'll just do what they've always done, let the other game kill itself with its own hype then assimilate all of the good features about it into their games... Sort of like Mass Effect's Reapers, StarCraft's Zerg or WarCraft's Burning Legion...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    What is Battleborn? Is it the next supposed "WoWkiller" or something? It will like the 13th or something now, right? :rolleyes
    Ahh, fanboys. Yes, Battleborn is the next WoWkiller. Great, relevant post. A+.

Battleborn just screamed pay to win to me. I'm not gonna spend 100 dollars buying epic loot packs to get that helmet everyone is jockeying for damage reduction. It felt fun but that model irks the fuck out of me.

Overwatch felt tight, well made and the characters felt balanced. I'll be playing overwatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, fanboys. Yes, Battleborn is the next WoWkiller. Great, relevant post. A+.
    Also you should really tone down on the fanboy talk, you're about the biggest fanboy in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Battleborn just screamed pay to win to me. I'm not gonna spend 100 dollars buying epic loot packs to get that helmet everyone is jockeying for damage reduction. It felt fun but that model irks the fuck out of me.

Overwatch felt tight, well made and the characters felt balanced. I'll be playing overwatch.
    You can't buy loot (gear boxes) with real money in Battleborn, you buy those with coins you pick up from actually playing the game. The only real money transactions past the base game are for cosmetics and solo/co-op story mission DLC.

If I'm wrong, please show me because that would be concerning news that goes against everything else I've read.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Also you should really tone down on the fanboy talk, you're about the biggest fanboy in this thread.
    Here my friends you can see a wild BlizzDrone in action. Safest thing is to stay away.

On topic: I see you have done literally no research of the game before posting and I don't really expect hardcore Blizzard fans to do so, so I'm not that surprised. There is no pay2win available, you spend currency obtained from matches or story that CANNOT be bought with real money to obtain the gear in game.

Plus, people who haven't heard about Battleborn probably just look for their gaming news here or r/wow. There's other gaming sites and subreddits too, just a small PSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlim View Post
    Here my friends you can see a wild BlizzDrone in action. Safest thing is to stay away.

On topic: I see you have done literally no research of the game before posting and I don't really expect hardcore Blizzard fans to do so, so I'm not that surprised. There is no pay2win in the game, you spend ingame currency that CANNOT be bought with real money to obtain the gear in game.

Plus, people who haven't heard about Battleborn probably just look for their gaming news here or r/wow. There's other gaming sites and subreddits too, just a small PSA.
    I played the game in beta as the little guy who creates flame pillars, the healing tree dude, and the mech guy with sniper and pistol. If I am wrong about the currency then sue me. You guys are so defensive of your precious game yet you bring your angst to a forum that discusses blizzard games.

If I'm a blizzdrone then do I call you a geardrone?
    Last edited by Pwellzor; 2016-05-01 at 09:23 PM.

I played the game in beta as the little guy who creates flame pillars, the healing tree dude, and the mech guy with sniper and pistol. If I am wrong about the currency then sue me. You guys are so defensive of your precious game yet you bring your angst to a forum that discusses blizzard games.

If I'm a blizzdrone than do I call you a geardrone?
    Sweet, we can sue you! Let me call my lawyer! =D

And, really, it's nearly impossible to go somewhere that -doesn't- discuss Blizzard games. I'm not even saying Overwatch is bad! I'm just saying Battleborn is better, and Blizzard knows it. =]

10+ Year Old Account

And, really, it's nearly impossible to go somewhere that -doesn't- discuss Blizzard games. I'm not even saying Overwatch is bad! I'm just saying Battleborn is better, and Blizzard knows it. =]
    How would you even know what Blizzard thinks? Are you psychic or something? What evidence do you have to show for this massive claim?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Literally the definition of fanboy. When comparing notably different products of different styles, designs and categories, calls one explicitly better. Because feelins.

Got it. I'm done here.

Literally the definition of fanboy. When comparing notably different products of different styles, designs and categories, calls one explicitly better. Because feelins.

Got it. I'm done here.
    Okies, buh-bye! Hope you have a wonderful evening!

See ya in Battleborn when you get bored of Overwatch! =]

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Battleborn hahah even though im on a anti Blizz since this WoD shit but rly OP? Blizz scared of that Battleborn crap? never heard of Buiseness strategy go enjoy that Battleborn shit

This whole thread is stupid.

Battleborn is a MOBA with slight first person shooter elements.

Overwatch is an arena objective FPS, like a mix between TF2 and UT.

The games aren't the same genre, Blizzard doesn't give a shit about Battleborn.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    go enjoy that Battleborn
    I will, thank you!

You're welcome to send me a message if you ever want to play it together some time!

Deleted

If I'm a blizzdrone then do I call you a geardrone?
    I love your insecurity. Thanks for verifying my claims!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    There is a major difference between being "afraid" and releasing something on or near the same day for competition. FF14 for example released it's expac literally a day after 6.2 on wow for the sake of competition.
    The may have released the expansion a day after 6.2 was launched but they had that date out well before blizzard announced 6.2's date
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!