Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    How do you die in elwynn? do you run through the kobold cave and spam /sit?
    Play without a mouse and keyboard I assume.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Simple, really. Out of mana, over pulling, and or the rare parry and dodges back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    he doenst ignore, he state it that you or he dont know how many player were RETAINED because you have no number of influx.

note: I realize subs dropped off after WoD, but this graph at least clearly shows WotLK's sub numbers

Murlocs + cloth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    I linked a guy taking 1 hour and 15 minutes to level to 5, i wonder how many people are willing to watch it... probably not cause it would destroy they're arguments.
    Could you say anything more vague?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Murlocs + cloth.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you say anything more vague?
    How is it vague, I'm arguing that taking 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to level 5 isn't fun and the majority of people don't want to play that.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    My idiot friend said a similar thing. "It's not hard to level" he only started in Wrath and didn't know what breaking a camp and farming the respawn was. He loaded up a P-Server to prove me wrong and only managed to get to level 9 before he screamed that it was obviously "bullshit" and that the realm deliberately made it harder just to prove a point.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    My idiot friend said a similar thing. "It's not hard to level" he only started in Wrath and didn't know what breaking a camp and farming the respawn was. He loaded up a P-Server to prove me wrong and only managed to get to level 9 before he screamed that it was obviously "bullshit" and that the realm deliberately made it harder just to prove a point.
    I'd get bored and log out way before level 9 on a vanilla tuned/paced realm.

How is it vague, I'm arguing that taking 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to level 5 isn't fun and the majority of people don't want to play that.
    Why? What are they missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    thats a claim, not a argument. A claim which is only baked with lowest sub number ssince launch
    I...? What do you think an argument is?

- - - Updated - - -

Why? What are they missing?
    "fun" what games are supposed to be.

Time investment doesn't equal difficulty.

https://inanage.com/2016/04/25/vanil...ge-levels-1-5/

1 hour 15 minutes to hit level 5. DIFFICULT AS FUCK.
    Well, difficult doesn't exactly mean "requires great skill" specifically, either.

Difficulty is just something that is hard(er) to accomplish. And things taking longer *is* an obstacle to the accomplishment of leveling, so while for the most part Vanilla was fairly straightforward and slow paced gameplay-wise (compared to today's max difficulty in WoW), the slowness of things does indeed make it more difficult. Just because it's not a kind of difficulty you like, doesn't mean it isn't there =P

And while yes, if you compare raiding in Vanilla to raiding now, it was quite easy, many parts of the game were harder/tougher. Most of the world was a lot more powerful dangerous / your character was not as powerful. Raiding had a different kind of dificulty (organizing such a large group, dealing with game constraints like max no. of debuffs, investing time into empowering and preparing your character, etc) even if mechanics were for the most part rather simple (although MC is oftenly looked at "Vanilla raiding" when it got a lot harder than that later on).

But you really don't need to look past the world, and this is verifiable. If you have any memories, screenshots or videos, just compare the numbers of damage you dealt and took back then on certain mobs, then compare it to the same or similar mobs in today's WoW, the difference is enormous, and it's impossible to logicly deny that that part *was* harder.

You may not enjoy that kind of difficulty and gameplay, but it was there and a lot of people liked it. While imo both Vanilla and current are great games, Legacy overall was a much better RPG, while current while still a good game is more of an 3rd person online action-adventure game with multiplayer features.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-05-01 at 10:06 PM.

Curiously, is time fun? Because that's what defines early game leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Actually having to CC and pull properly is actually more difficult than facerolling. Simply go to a Vanilla realm and try to pull like you can in retail. It's impossible you will get stomped. Mobs hit for larger percentages of health, you do far less damage, mobs have larger social aggro. Leveling was more difficult beyond just "taking time". Hell, leveling in Wildstar at launch was more difficult than most non-heroic raid content in Warcraft.
    Many of the Anti-legacy players enjoy their garrison content, and call us legacy lovers nolifers for taking the time to do things in the game - instead of just demanding everything to be handed on a silver platter. Pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd get bored and log out way before level 9 on a vanilla tuned/paced realm.
    To each his own. You're more than welcome to avoid the new realms when Blizzard puts them out. I personally miss the EQ-style mob grinding though. Hell, I miss having to CC during a VC run.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Simple, really. Out of mana, over pulling, and or the rare parry and dodges back to back.
    Not to mention resists as a caster, and respawns were much more wonky. Going back to Not I forgot all about spell resists until I pulled a kobold and watched as it resisted 3 straight fireballs, which left me nearly out of mana and a mob with most of its health left. Running away was a skill back then lol

I...? What do you think an argument is?

- - - Updated - - -

Again, vague. Vague and subjective. Problem is that people obsess about the destination and don't level in an enjoyable way.

Leveling, quantifiably and factually, offers more progression and content than end game. You are constantly moving through different dungeons, gear, story, zones etc. your toon itself evolves with new abilities and such.

Now compare that to max level WoD. Tanaan, PvP, raids. What else is there?

What are you missing with a long leveling process other than the feeling of being max level?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Fights in WotLK started to become more mechanically complex, with the end wing bosses in ICC being comparable in terms of complexity to some of WoD's Mythic encounters. Vanillla/TBC decided less so, though some of the encounters were fairly challenging. (4H in Naxx and Vashj/Kael in TBC come to mind.) However one of the things that I see brandished around by a lot of the pro-Legacy crowd is that raid gating is somehow a good thing for the game while ignoring the fact that WotLK -- WoW's most successful expansion -- came on the heels of removing it. That's not to say that I think WoD's current 4-difficulty tier of the same content is any more healthy, but it's a progression of a mindset that clearly worked and I doubt suddenly going against it would have anything but a negative impact on players.
    Indeed. From what I've experienced so far on Alpha, Blizzard are moving in the right direction again...and it's NOT to remove options and content, but rather give even more of it.

Can't wait to see how people whine about Suramar though, should make for interesting examples of brainfarts.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubSlayer View Post
    Many of the Anti-legacy players enjoy their garrison content, and call us legacy lovers nolifers for taking the time to do things in the game - instead of just demanding everything to be handed on a silver platter. Pathetic.
    ...I enjoy the current game because I raid, not because of Garrison content. I personally feel Garrisons are the worst idea Blizzard has ever introduced and I was almost willing to cancel my Legion preorder when I found out Blizzard was continuing the idea with Order Halls. You cannot lump anti-Legacy players into a subsection of people "who enjoy sitting in Garrisons" then make an argument that your purist Vanilla leveling experience is somehow superior to the current game.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubSlayer View Post
    Many of the pro-legacy players enjoy going AFK while they wand one mob after another and call us retail lovers shills and skill-less noobs for not wanting to deal with the grindiness of a Korean (or EQ-like) MMO instead of going to play one of the few MMOs that offers that type of play style. Pathetic.
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

Again, vague. Vague and subjective. Problem is that people obsess about the destination and don't level in an enjoyable way.

Leveling, quantifiably and factually, offers more progression and content than end game. You are constantly moving through different dungeons, gear, story, zones etc. your toon itself evolves with new abilities and such.

Now compare that to max level WoD. Tanaan, PvP, raids. What else is there?

What are you missing with a long leveling process other than the feeling of being max level?
    Alright what class would you level on a true Vanilla server, I'll even go as far as to say a true 1.1 server that slowly progresses to 1.12.1 over 2 years. I'm completely curious... Oh and you can't say Warrior, Rogue or Mage, which of the slow classes would you level.

That's Nostralus by the way, 50% of the player base was playing the classes that weren't total shit to level, less than 4% were playing Paladin... funny how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Many of the pro-legacy players enjoy going AFK while they wand one mob after another and call us retail lovers shills and skill-less noobs for not wanting to deal with the grindiness of a Korean (or EQ-like) MMO instead of going to play one of the few MMOs that offers that type of play style. Pathetic.
    Different people have different opinions and like different things. I know, shocking