Shit, we are all broken up

By the way, we have some stuff on our store, buy away

Nice PR move

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...origrad/simple

- - - Updated - - -

Pet battles have all the progression and reward tiers that you're bitching about.
    Not to mention it's enjoyed by many...it'd be a bad trade-off to please a vocal minority that can't ask for shit without throwing insults around them...<.<

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Didn't you raid vanilla bc? The fuck
    I did. I leveled then and I will never level under that type of tuning again.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    When there's the very real fact that the mere existence of Blizzard-sanctioned Legacy realms means that potential development time on the current game would be taken away it becomes a concern of people who play that version of the game. Blizzard said it themselves when they originally responded to this movement: It's not as easy as flipping a switch and letting Legacy realms exist.
    Very weak argument, it gets no stronger the more you repeat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    scrap pet battles, done
    ???

So you honestly think that a mini game that has barely any effect on the game itself is somehow comparable to the development of realms which would require their own separate upkeep but also be legally required to be policed by Blizzard? I just. There are no words.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Why? Why would a small team would affect wow that much? In particular when you have NO PROOF whatsoever that they'd be moved from WoW instead of hired, or moved from Overwatch for example, since it's development is nearly over.

It's just spewing bullshit for the sake of being anti.
    Customer Service, GM's, Police bots and gold sellers, quality Assurance, fixing people who are stuck or bugged. None of these things Nost was required to do, Blizzard would be cause of their reputation and the fact they're a professional games company.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

yeah im sure, at least from 99 % like lfr

- - - Updated - - -

ok retarded kun make story up but dont quote me dont want get retardness ok? hahaha
    ok retarded kun make story up but dont quote me dont want get retardness ok? hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Very weak argument, it gets no stronger the more you repeat it.
    Please, explain to me how this a weak argument. Blizzard does not have infinite resources. Legacy realm upkeep would have to take away from a project somewhere else in the company. There isn't even a clear idea how long the demand for Legacy realms would be sustainable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noone has said you should strive to play an older version of the game. It is messed up that you are happy, about this news when it has no effect on you.
    I don't want legacy, I think it's a nuissance and a distraction for Blizzard, and yeah, I'm happy they haven't caved in "yet".

Somehow i don't believe that's you.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Didn't you raid vanilla bc? The fuck
    First he said he didn't play vanilla. Then he said his entire guild killed KT, Idk what to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    WoW's been able to remain for 11 years because it evolved with the players, not against them or stagnating in one spot.
    Mmm quite likely, but it didn't evolved with the initial WoW players (at least not to the full extent it did), it evolved with the gaming world and the big boom in gaming and casual gaming - the initial players that enjoyed it for what it was certainly had the game evolving agaisnt them.

Honestly we can't know for sure if in an alternate reality where WoW always remained closer to Legacy in design philosophy it would have more or less success thus far. It's true the gaming scene has changed a lot, but that doesn't mean "all" of the people who played during Vanilla also changed. You just can't deny the game changed so much that a lot of people simply saw a game they loved to play become unenjoyable.

Honestly I can say for myself that as I've been getting older, despite having far less available time than when I started playing, I've become more and more "ok" with interesting/rewarding grinding than ever before. I'm sure part of that is influence of the drought + endgame content not lasting very long, but overall I feel I have more patience to enjoy longer-term investments such as a grindy MMORPG (even started giving a go at Runescape again every now and then).

In the end sure, game studios are businesses, but that doesn't mean players should just give up on asking for (and rewarding) the games they find good and enjoyable. While understanding they need to make money, we should always ask for a great experience for the game's target audience, instead of rolling over and taking it as ok that generic "broad" games sell more and therefore every game should be like that. It's not a good direction the industry has already been going to, we don't need to help them by supporting it.

Dark souls would sell more copies if it had a story mode and a Souls mode. Anyone who denies that is just stupid.
    Selling more doesn't mean it's a better game. The gaming and overall art/culture/media world would be astoundingly less rich and interesting if every creator ever only cared about selling more.

A "story mode" in Dark Souls would be equivalent to throwing a great meal on a blender, liquefying it, chugging it and going "See, it's the same exact content, but it's so much easier to consume it now, therefore it's better".

The part that concerns us gamers is how good a game is, and how much we enjoy it. Not really if the game makes 5 million or 10 million. Sure it's fine and to some extent interesting to discuss such things and to some extent it's important to think at least about how likely the game is to survive with its monetization system, especially in a MMORPG as it needs to sell well enough to survive and keep your characters online and all. But more than that is just grasping for whatever aguments to support already built (and stuck) opinions. We should care more about what's best for the players and what our wishes are, let the game studios worry about profit and whatnot - it's their job.

somehow i dont belive 5 million people are subscribed to the game either but you dont stap saying that thats fore sure, so what can i do ?
    Based on what Blizzard tells us, there are, I'd say it's closer to 4.5.

Customer Service, GM's, Police bots and gold sellers, quality Assurance, fixing people who are stuck or bugged. None of these things Nost was required to do, Blizzard would be cause of their reputation and the fact they're a professional games company.
    Which even Diablo 2 still has on the old Battle.net, even though Diablo 3 is up and running?

Why is that an issue?

Also... why would one extra realm being included in the Game Master's responsability, or the bot running programs be an issue? It's not like they have X GMs per realm.... they simply have X GMs for the game? (Same with the rest of the staff)

Why? Why would a small team would affect wow that much? In particular when you have NO PROOF whatsoever that they'd be moved from WoW instead of hired, or moved from Overwatch for example, since it's development is nearly over.

It's just spewing bullshit for the sake of being anti.
    Ok, nobody has ANY proof of where these people are coming from, so let's look at the possbilities:

1) They come from the WoW team, in which case that is fewer people on the WoW team to work on live content.
    2) They come from the team of another Blizzard game, in which case that game gets less development so that they can support Legacy realms (if you think people that play live would be pissed about this, what about people that play these other games and not WoW?)
    3) They hire new personnel, in which case that is money they are not putting elsewhere (not hiring other personnel for other games, or less budget for those games).

No matter how you look at it, one way or another if they were to set up and maintain legacy realms, those resources would have to come from somewhere.

Whether or not that's a worthwhile investment is certainly debatable, but the "bullshit" here isn't people "spewing bullshit for the sake of being anti", but your absurd hand-waving pretending they can get man-hours out of thin air without it costing some form of resources, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Selling more doesn't mean it's a better game. The gaming and overall art/culture/media world would be astoundingly less rich and interesting if every creator ever only cared about selling more.

A "story mode" in Dark Souls would be equivalent to throwing a great meal on a blender, liquefying it, chugging it and going "See, it's the same exact content, but it's so much easier to consume it now, therefore it's better".

The part that concerns us gamers is how good a game is, and how much we enjoy it. Not really if the game makes 5 million or 10 million. Sure it's fine and to some extent interesting to discuss such things and to some extent it's important to think at least about how likely the game is to survive with its monetization system, especially in a MMORPG as it needs to sell well enough to survive and keep your characters online and all. But more than that is just grasping for whatever aguments to support already built (and stuck) opinions. We should care more about what's best for the players and what our wishes are, let the game studios worry about profit and whatnot - it's their job.
    Dark souls having a story mode would take nothing from the game if it also had it's original mode, that contained all the stuff that people like about Dark Souls. All you'd have to do is not play it.

Question ... not trolling .. How many servers would they have to put up? Because would legacy include vanilla-mop?

First he said he didn't play vanilla. Then he said his entire guild killed KT, Idk what to believe.
    You're getting people mistaken.
    I played vanilla, raided up to huhuran.
    My guild (warpath-illidan) cleared KT40.
    Your inability to put things together is your problem, not mine.

Sigh. Here. Screenshot of my toon with knight title and FoS for vanilla pvp title
    Last edited by kary; 2016-05-01 at 11:28 PM.

Which even Diablo 2 still has on the old Battle.net, even though Diablo 3 is up and running?

Why is that an issue?

Also... why would one extra realm being included in the Game Master's responsability, or the bot running programs be an issue? It's not like they have X GMs per realm.... they simply have X GMs for the game? (Same with the rest of the staff)
    They'd also have to train people for the Vanilla code, all of this takes time and effort, which takes resources after from other games. The only Blizzard game I don't play is Starcraft, I'd rather all their relevant games had the money invested into them, not a small vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Mmm quite likely, but it didn't evolved with the initial WoW players (at least not to the full extent it did), it evolved with the gaming world and the big boom in gaming and casual gaming - the initial players that enjoyed it for what it was certainly had the game evolving agaisnt them.
    Oh I'm not arguing with the people that truly just want Classic back, I just find it hard to digest when some people proclaim how there's no challenge and nothing of value to the game anymore since it's not Classic. Those people are a vocal minority within the pro-Legacy camp I'm sure, but they're hard to ignore.

If they could do an official Classic server without detracting from Live in terms of resources, I'm all for giving the true fans of Classic what they want. I'd dabble in it myself, so it wouldn't be a negative for me at all!