Poll: Should Blizzard ban bots and botters?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    and there goes the bullshit-o-meter.

"insults aside" then calls 50% of the playerbase white knights, you're just the stupid joke that keeps on giving aren't you?
    What else should I label "white knights" without it being an insult?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I don't think it will increase. Its trading one currency system for another. Its already a painfully long grind to get pvp gear without the bg bonus event.
    What? You get full blue gear from one day in Ashran. In comparison, the Legion system will be extremely long and reward far better things than it currently does. Oh, there will be bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    you suck at the game when you think you must sit 12 hours in front of the computer

LIKE SUCKING HARD

stop doing that,

and stop breaking the retardo meter either
    Still speaking broken English, not sure how to respond.
    Last edited by --Code--; 2016-05-02 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaze41 View Post
    What else should I label "white knights" without it being an insult?
    How about "People who don't want to kill naked afk bot dude in wsg one more fucking time". Or the wonderful "people who don't want naked afk bot dude in wsg on their team"
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Of course...As someone who farmed 100k through herbing and mining in WOTLK, I learned very quickly to loathe botters...

As so happens, I was accused of "botting Tol Barad" (manually queuing, manually moving characters to not go afk) by some genius the other day and reported, he told my guildmembers (as if it were a fact and not just a suspicion he had) and probably a heap of other people.

Since I don't bot, nothing's happened and although annoying to be falsely accused, I wish more people would be vigilant when it came to botters. So many just shrug and say "Blizzard doesn't care...". Botting is cheating, and cheating doesn't belong in a game where your actions affect others.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-02 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    What? You get full blue gear from one day in Ashran. In comparison, the Legion system will be extremely long and reward far better things than it currently does. Oh, there will be bots.
    Brace yourselves, Bots are coming...*shiver*.

Absolutely.

To hell with bot users and slackers.

If you do not want to play the game yourself, dont play the game.

But dont ruin the experience for others with your automated machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    how is this even a topic botting is against of ToS lol end of disucission
    I concur, I just am in disbelief of the things people will defend.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    wtf is that question ? i dont know how people can come up with such stupid questions ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    How about "People who don't want to kill naked afk bot dude in wsg one more fucking time". Or the wonderful "people who don't want naked afk bot dude in wsg on their team"
    Sorry, maybe I should clarify. I'm against botting in any way that ruins the game for others (PvP, Dungeons), however I would never go out of my way and take my time to report them or try to get them banned, you're not affecting anything by doing that, if someone gets banned they make a new account, you're not dissuading botters, you're just wasting your time. Leveling, farming, soloing dungeons, etc? Who cares? For instance, if I wanted to have a bot farm whelpings for 12 hours a day instead of me sitting at my desk doing the same thing myself, who the fuck cares? You're mad because I found a way to enjoy both the game and real life more? Wow.
    Last edited by --Code--; 2016-05-02 at 12:53 AM.

I see the quality of polls on this site are at an all time high.

Keep it classy MMO-C.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    I see the quality of polls on this site are at an all time high.

Keep it classy MMO-C.
    ya right? its like asking if a restaurante should dish food ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post

Saying this because i seen that some ppl was defending botters saying that bots help skip bad parts of game and play best parts
    If they dislike the "bad parts" that much, they shouldn't play the game at all... Ban the bots, and IMHO ban the people that defend them.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaze41 View Post
    Sorry, maybe I should clarify. I'm against botting in any way that ruins the game for others (PvP, Dungeons), however I would never go out of my way and take my time to report them or try to get them banned, you're not affecting anything by doing that, if someone gets banned they make a new account, you're not dissuading botters, you're just wasting your time. Leveling, farming, soloing dungeons, etc? Who cares? For instance, if I wanted to have a bot farm whelpings for 12 hours a day instead of me sitting at my desk doing the same thing myself, who the fuck cares? You're mad because I found a way to enjoy both the game and real life more?
    Takes me 10 seconds to right click and report for botting. He made my experience shitty, I'm going to make it unlikely he'll do it again. No skin off my back. Also if they can shell the money to keep making accounts, good for them, I sure as fuck wouldn't with what I've invested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    ya right? its like asking if a restaurante should dish food ..
    Except in this case you have people defending the restaurateur's right to shit in the food.

Of course they should. Permanently would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Well....the ORIGINAL selling point of the client / server model was to ban hackers / botters. The real question is why they ever got away from doing that in the first place?

Care to explain how they got away from that considering just a few weeks ago they did another big banwave, which is like the 5th in the last 2 years alone.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

As someone who has had to ban botting players from an online game myself. Yes. They aren't worth the harm they do.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

And their children, and their children's children, unto the end of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    As someone who doesn't bot...As long as it isn't used to gain an advantage it's fine to me. .
    Batting ALWAYS gives an advantage. A bot that fishes for you gives you the ability t get high level fish which might be valuable as an ingredient etc. That person has an advantage over the person who spends hours of their time leveling fishing or the person who doesn't want to spend that time and so doesn't get high level fishing.

Same for mining, etc.

Want something in the game. Play the fucking game. I'd permaban on the 2nd violation (I'd 6 month ban on the first).

What kind of question is this?

You might as well have asked if an illegal action should be punished.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii