Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Who/what ISN'T stigmatized online...?
    Fair point. You're thin? You'll be stigmatized by fat people. Fat? Stigmatized by thin people. You can't beat the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Because neckbeards, along with fedoras, are associated with "nice guys."
    It's because of racism towards jews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do jawline beards get confused sometimes as neckbeards? Just where is that fine line? Asking for a friend. <cough>

10+ Year Old Account
    What is with the anger towards the fedora? Did a fedora kill JFK or somethig? I don't understand how a style of hat garners so much hatred.

It is a nice looking hat that I genuinely wish I owned, but I choose not to as a means of avoiding being labeled something I'm not.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    What is with the anger towards the fedora? Did a fedora kill JFK or somethig? I don't understand how a style of hat garners so much hatred.

It is a nice looking hat that I genuinely wish I owned, but I choose not to as a means of avoiding being labeled something I'm not.
    I don't know, but I don't like them either. Well, I don't like them on younger people. I just get this sense that young people who wear them are pretentious douche bags. But I can't really tell you why I think that. It makes no sense.

It's just an unkempt appearance thing. The "neckbeard+fedora" is pointing out someone who doesn't bother with personal care but puts a fancy hat on and thinks that makes them look fancy. It's a combination of lack of self awareness and a lack of personal care. Though if you're in good shape it doesn't matter what your beard or hat look like. It's the same thing as the fat girl with brightly colored hair or a high maintenance hairstyle. Someone who clearly wants to look good but hopes to cover up their failure in basic self care with some garnish.