Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    That's laughably naive.

When science finally explains the mechanistic causes of transgenderism I imagine we'll know enough about the human brain to explain why people like you have such twisted outlooks that are so diverged from reality.

The two really are remarkably similar in that regard: All known biological markers suggest one sex, but the individual believes they are the other. Similarly, all statistics on sexual crimes point to your fears being completely baseless, yet you still believe them. Biology is fascinating stuff.
    There are varying degrees of narcissistic personality disorders. Most commonly these people seem to be scared and grossed out by anything they do not deem as normal, from political view points, to skin colors, to sexuality. They refuse to accept anything but their identified norms as being right, and everyone else is varying degrees of abomination to them.

So we pretty much already know why people like this behave the way they do towards people they don't deem as normal.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    Is this something you would have a problem with? Why? Sounds like a great solution to me. You could put armed guards in the men's rooms too, and everyone would be safe.

and they didn't just put armed guards in the rest rooms in NYC for fun -- they did it because a number of people were getting attacked, and taking this measure quickly brought all of it to an end.

How much do you want to bet that if Target announced they would put armed guards in their bathrooms, this entire issue would simply end?
    - completely impractical to post guards in front of even a fraction of bathrooms
    - most people do not feel at all unsafe when using any but the most shady of bathrooms
    - almost no sexual assaults ever happen in public bathrooms
    - most people who take security jobs are at best lazy and unskilled and at worst deeply troubled and prone to abuse of power

So basically you're proposing we address a non existent problem by placing underpaid, unskilled men in a position of authority with the capacity to monitor who goes in and out of the women's bathroom? Enjoy getting stared at as you go to use the bathroom and enjoy having your dumps timed by a wannabe TSA agent with a 105 IQ.
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2016-05-02 at 02:43 AM.

- completely impractical to post guards in front of even a fraction of bathrooms
    - most people do not feel at all unsafe when using any but the most shady of bathrooms
    - almost no sexual assaults ever happen in public bathrooms
    - most people who take security jobs are at best lazy and unskilled and at worst deeply troubled and prone to abuse of power

So basically you're proposing we address a non existent problem by placing underpaid, unskilled men in a position of authority with the capacity to monitor who goes in and out of the women's bathroom? Enjoy getting stared at and your dumps timed by a wannabe TSA agent with a 105 IQ.
    You wouldn't put them outside the door, you put them inside, and use women security officers for the ladies rooms.

They probably wouldn't have to do much of anything. Their presence alone would be enough.

And people who are lazy, even those with low IQs need jobs too. This would help provide them with those jobs.

As security officers don't get paid that much, the expense would be nominal.

It's beginning to sound to me as if you're not really interested in a solution.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Also, believe it or not, the main focus has been on the law, rules, and rights. Not gender shockingly enough. While its obviously present, it has not been the predominate focus for most of the thread.
    Yeah I know. It's why the thread is still going. Not sure why this eludes peoples thought processes.
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-05-02 at 02:53 AM.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

You wouldn't put them outside the door, you put them inside, and use women security officers for the ladies rooms.

They probably wouldn't have to do much of anything. Their presence alone would be enough.

And people who are lazy, even those with low IQs need jobs too. This would help provide them with those job.
    Still impractical and silly. But I wouldn't really care if some loser has to hang out and smell farts all day if that would make the mindless and the fearful drop this bigoted attempt to discriminate against transgendered people.

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    Yes. They should.
    I've laid out the case for why I think my point is correct. Can you do the same for yours?

15+ Year Old Account

And people who are lazy, even those with low IQs need jobs too. This would help provide them with those jobs.

As security officers don't get paid that much, the expense would be nominal.

It's beginning to sound to me as if you're not really interested in a solution.
    So how do these female bathroom security tell if a woman entering the bathroom has a penis or not? Genital inspection before taking a piss?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Still impractical and silly. But I wouldn't really care if some loser has to hang out and smell farts all day if that would make the mindless and the fearful drop this bigoted attempt to discriminate against transgendered people.
    No, they did it in NYC, and it worked out fine! There weren't any complaints about it, most people were appreciative.

Again, the expense would be nominal, so it's hardly impractical, much less silly.

Massively increasing the police force in my town was actually rather costly, and a lot of people complained, at first. But they did a great job cleaning out the gangs and controlling crime, and they're super responsive, professional, nice, etc. So most residents here are now on board.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    So how do these female bathroom security tell if a woman entering the bathroom has a penis or not? Genital inspection before taking a piss?
    Wouldn't matter, as the issue is safety, not genitals. If you think otherwise, that's just what you think.

Wouldn't matter, as the issue is safety, not genitals. If you think otherwise, that's just what you think.
    Cool, so gender neutral bathrooms with female security guards. I'm down.

15+ Year Old Account
    So wait, are we trying to keep transgender people out of their preferred bathrooms, or protecting people from bathroom creepers?

Because if it's the latter, this has nothing to do with transgenders.

When some confused guy gets his head kicked in for looking at someones kid the wrong way in the girls room maybe people will decide this was a stupid idea. Just waiting for some angry person to do this and see a fuck ton of liberal idiots wanting blood they will never get.

So wait, are we trying to keep transgender people out of their preferred bathrooms, or protecting people from bathroom creepers?

I mean, I'm on board if this is just about enforcing actual safety and not banning trans people from the restroom they visibly appear as. Maybe I can report someone that just squat peed and didn't clean it up, that is a hardcore safety hazard in my eyes.

With my solution, it wouldn't matter who used what bathroom. I see it as a reasonable compromise that should satisfy everyone.

Anyone who still had a problem, would be perceived as unreasonable, and unwilling to compromise to obtain a solution.

I'll go call Target and tell them we have the solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    They just watched a lot of Law and Order.
    The bane of lawyers everywhere.... juries expect Law and Order level stuff for the most minor of crimes now. Its crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Man, you sound like you spent a ton of time in law school. How many seconds was it again?
    Oh, so much more few seconds. The professional legal courses I've taken were primarily business related. You know, most major corporations have literally dozens of lawsuits going on, at all times, every single day. They have entire floors of legal departments working constantly on them. It's just the cost of doing business. I have had to spend more time with attorneys than I care to recount.

Im really just amazed people have the time or energy to even pay attention to who else is in the bathroom with them. Just about the only time I register interest in the life or death of the people in the bathroom with me is there are 8 empty urinals and you for some reason decide to piss in the one DIRECTLY ADJACENT TO ME.

In all seriousness, they could have couched this better. They make a valid point in that yes, opportunity is all that seperates alot of people from things like peeping and such. On the other hand, any criminal hard enough to straight out rape someone in a public bathroom doesn't really care enough about this either way. They would've done better for their cause to say this has nothing to do with trans people and then move on instead of the columnist harping on the bits you were born with, and the whole what god gave you spiel.

One thing alot of people don't get is that sexual harassment and being a pervert come in more forms than 'Violent Rape'. Its not a binary thing. Theres always some story or other of the guy who figured out a way to rig a mirror to his foot to see up skirts, that type of deal. Obviously its not the end of the world. But no one has to like it.

Unfortunately people (and the Media) are going to take what should be a fairly low level but REAL concern, and flip it so that they can rant about trans people, which does NOTHING. Because if they stuck to the original point, countermeasures could be put in place. But if they don't, no one is inclined to listen to the hate speech and will therefore discard everything being said by everyone, even the sensible minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    One million idiots threaten to not support a company that doesn't need the support of bigots? We already have a store for people like them, it's called Walmart.
    Yup, they already shopped there instead of Target anyway. Tar-jay's demographic is a bit classier than the bigoted rednecks who spend 90% of their expendable income at Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Pretty sure the last thought on my mind is to use a Target bathroom anyway.
    Target bathrooms are pretty clean. At least, the 1-2 I've been in were.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Like... well, I could post pictures but...
    What's wrong with posting pictures of him?
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yup, they already shopped there instead of Target anyway. Tar-jay's demographic is a bit classier than the bigoted rednecks who spend 90% of their expendable income at Walmart.

There's nothing that triggers them quite like calling it Tar-jay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

oh look another blanket statement from celista about someone she doesn't know anything about. my parents shop at wal-mart does that make them bigots?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Yeah I know. It's why the thread is still going. Not sure why this eludes peoples thought processes.
    you have to admit it's veering awfully close to closing waters.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.