Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Has anyone found any neat little flavor bits having to do with the artifacts? For instance if you have Doomhammer, in Orgrimmar the grunts react and talk to you about it and Thrall. The elemental fist weapon makes air elements friendly to you. The mage sword you get a smith in dalaran gushing about how great it is etc...

What would people even say? "Oh those are some fine swords of the vrykul" "Oh man, look at that great big sword of some king I read about once"
    Found a few, everyone is supposed to have some but they don't seem all implemented yet. Don't think there are any comprehensive lists yet.

There also appear to be some minor damage related bonuses as well, such as power ups in certain zones (not raids) when conditions are met.

Has anyone found any neat little flavor bits having to do with the artifacts? For instance if you have Doomhammer, in Orgrimmar the grunts react and talk to you about it and Thrall. The elemental fist weapon makes air elements friendly to you. The mage sword you get a smith in dalaran gushing about how great it is etc...

What would people even say? "Oh those are some fine swords of the vrykul" "Oh man, look at that great big sword of some king I read about once"
    Hmmm, wonder if there might be a hidden reaction if you take the Warbreaker to Stromgarde or the Arathi Basin?

I mean it would make a lot of sense to get a strong reaction from someone there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Hmmm, wonder if there might be a hidden reaction if you take the Warbreaker to Stromgarde or the Arathi Basin?

I mean it would make a lot of sense to get a strong reaction from someone there.
    Possible, though more likely they've all been raised as Death Knights by now.

However, you have inspired me to test another plausible interaction for a different spec...

- - - Updated - - -

Which unfortunately did not work.

Once upon a time, there was a special scenario which occurred if you brought the Corrupted Ashbringer from Naxx40 into the Scarlet Monastery. All of the Crusaders would be friendly to you, and a scene would play out with Highlord Mograine. Unfortunately, this was lost when those instances were revamped, and although the principle NPCs are no longer present, I was hoping the presence of Ashbringer would do something, but sadly, it does not. There are still a few other places I could test, those areas familiar to Tirion, but I doubt they put much work into special interactions in obscure areas of the old world, as you would have no other reason to visit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Possible, though more likely they've all been raised as Death Knights by now.

However, you have inspired me to test another plausible interaction for a different spec...

- - - Updated - - -

Which unfortunately did not work.

Once upon a time, there was a special scenario which occurred if you brought the Corrupted Ashbringer from Naxx40 into the Scarlet Monastery. All of the Crusaders would be friendly to you, and a scene would play out with Highlord Mograine. Unfortunately, this was lost when those instances were revamped, and although the principle NPCs are no longer present, I was hoping the presence of Ashbringer would do something, but sadly, it does not. There are still a few other places I could test, those areas familiar to Tirion, but I doubt they put much work into special interactions in obscure areas of the old world, as you would have no other reason to visit them.
    Man, Blizzard used to really cool unique (keyword) things. Now it's just handing everything to everyone. Nothing special or exclusive.

Yeah, since those places canonically are pretty much wrecked at this point I couldnt see much interaction happening now or in the future should any be added.

I suppose bringing the shield to wyrmrest or some sort of dragon themed area may do something. But the fury swords? Can only by something Vrykul related. Arms? Well anyone who would recognize is likely dead at this point. I suppose they may do something with the old god connection since the lore on that arms weapon keeps getting shit stacked up on it: its old god powers. Its a human kings weapon. It was made by Vrykul. It was blessed by Elves. A lot of pointless lore for something that was likely a Vrykul's pocket knife.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2016-05-03 at 02:06 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Saw this on the alpha forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743784869

Apparently Troll NPC are feared when you approach them with Stromkar.

Raises the question of Trolls using the weapon though. Or why we weren't just given Trol'kalar (Trollbane) itself. Since both weapons are from the same time period and from the same race of people, but one is something no one knew about till recently, and the other is a famous weapon that is far more important and well known.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743784869

Raises the question of Trolls using the weapon though. Or why we weren't just given Trol'kalar (Trollbane) itself. Since both weapons are from the same time period and from the same race of people, but one is something no one knew about till recently, and the other is a famous weapon that is far more important and well known.
    That'll be really useful all of never.

That'll be really useful all of never.
    If anything it's going to make farming those old places a little annoying.

If anything it's going to make farming those old places a little annoying.
    Not really, you rarely bother to kill anything but bosses anyway, and you'll do so in one hit. Between Heroic Throw, Charge, Heroic Leap and Mounts, you'll be fine.

Not really, you rarely bother to kill anything but bosses anyway, and you'll do so in one hit. Between Heroic Throw, Charge, Heroic Leap and Mounts, you'll be fine.
    If you get to close you fear and enter combat. So either kill or dont mount.

If you get to close you fear and enter combat. So either kill or dont mount.
    Not quite, he enters combat due to proximity aggro (even much higher level, you'll still enter combat if you close to ~10 yards), which would happen with or without the fear effect, and due to being an instance, the enemy won't drop aggro.

So in essence, there's no change from how it is now. If you want to stay out of combat, don't get within aggro distance, kill the enemy if you do, or stay mounted the whole time and run through everything.

Well, if you do get aggro now you won't be able to run to the next boss and just do an AoE and kill everything that's following you, you'll have to kill each one individually.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Warrior who arent aware of the effect:

"Oh wow, look at this neat fearing effect... I can't mount" and then they switch to a different weapon.

I suppose its appropriate that warriors effect is more disruptive than neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Well, if you do get aggro now you won't be able to run to the next boss and just do an AoE and kill everything that's following you, you'll have to kill each one individually.
    Haven't tried it, but I imagine the fear runs out eventually, at which point the mobs will start chasing you. If not, that's a real easy fix.

Seriously people, I'm all for complaining about shit that's legitimately broken; but you're pissing and crying over an effect that's just been added, during alpha, hardly been tested yet, and in the worst case affects an abysmally low percentage of game content.

Few days ago there were posts everywhere bitching that we didn't have an interaction effect yet, now there's bitching over it. It's like crying that you got pie instead of cake. Put in a bug report, note the negative interaction and move on.

I mean, Shamans can complain too "boo hoo, air elementals are friendly to me now, so I can't farm them".

While I get the salt, I mean especially after doing the whole vanilla questline for Trol'kalar and all that and just waiting to see just what they'd do with it, I can see why it's not given the same cache as Stromkar.

Not to be too rude but it seems like you're pissing up a rope over something that's probably only going to or meant to effect low level enemies and you're just taking out your general disgust over the artifact weapon system - which is fine, you don't have to like everything but come on man, it's just for fun.

Anyway Stromkar is THE weapon that finally sundered the troll empires. The troll kingdoms have never recovered from the loss of the human/elf alliance. I do think it's silly that they are running from it but it's a game of bullshit magic and bullshit scifi where things like a racial memory wouldn't be too far out of place. So we've got lowby NPCs running from a weapon that when they see they dread for reasons they'll never understand. The fear of it is in their blood and the need to run is all they know.

And yes, I know, I justify and fill in the cracks far more than you but not everything in the game needs airtight justification. Leave some room in the margins, that's where imagination grows. :-)

While I get the salt, I mean especially after doing the whole vanilla questline for Trol'kalar and all that and just waiting to see just what they'd do with it, I can see why it's not given the same cache as Stromkar.

Not to be too rude but it seems like you're pissing up a rope over something that's probably only going to or meant to effect low level enemies and you're just taking out your general disgust over the artifact weapon system - which is fine, you don't have to like everything but come on man, it's just for fun.

Anyway Stromkar is THE weapon that finally sundered the troll empires. The troll kingdoms have never recovered from the loss of the human/elf alliance. I do think it's silly that they are running from it but it's a game of bullshit magic and bullshit scifi where things like a racial memory wouldn't be too far out of place. So we've got lowby NPCs running from a weapon that when they see they dread for reasons they'll never understand. The fear of it is in their blood and the need to run is all they know.

And yes, I know, I justify and fill in the cracks far more than you but not everything in the game needs airtight justification. Leave some room in the margins, that's where imagination grows. :-)
    What killed off the Troll Empire was mages. Thoradin himself did less fighting than the wielder of the Trol'Kelar who was constantly on the front line.

Stromkar is only a great weapon because the new lore concerning killing an old god Lt.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2016-05-11 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    What killed off the Troll Empire was mages. Thoradin himself did less fighting than the wielder of the Trol'Kelar who was constantly on the front line.

Stromkar is only a great weapon because the new lore concerning killing an old god Lt.
    Thoradin killed thousands of trolls man, are you seriously downplaying a dude in lore just because you dislike he's not a person in lore YOU support?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Thoradin killed thousands of trolls man, are you seriously downplaying a dude in lore just because you dislike he's not a person in lore YOU support?
    Did you read chronicles? He was largely doing what a leader should do rather than always being on the frontlines. He was a tactical mastermind and thats what he's truly known for. He blew up the troll army with a well placed trap.

Did you read chronicles? He was largely doing what a leader should do rather than always being on the frontlines. He was a tactical mastermind and thats what he's truly known for. He blew up the troll army with a well placed trap.
    Just want to point out that there's a lot of conflicting lore, and a lot of gaps in the lore, with the newest additions. Rather than take anything verbatim, it can be readily understood that it was a lengthy war and many details were left out due to brevity. There's no evidence either for or against individual actions, so it's not worth trying to quantify.

Just want to point out that there's a lot of conflicting lore, and a lot of gaps in the lore, with the newest additions. Rather than take anything verbatim, it can be readily understood that it was a lengthy war and many details were left out due to brevity. There's no evidence either for or against individual actions, so it's not worth trying to quantify.
    also true, no doubt he fought lots of trolls, but this is the first instance of it being something they fear. Its really just showing off how little they have to do with the weapon. "Shit we need a special ability. Lets just make it like Trol'kelar"