Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it worth using the Report feature?

I'm sure that you've all gone through this as well. You play a game, whether QM or
    HL, and you're being pestered by someone for whatever stupid reason or another.

Is it at all worth reporting them? Or is it just better to simply ignore them and be
    done with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Going by the amount of silenced players I come across, I have the feeling it works.

So I just report them.

I'd prefer toxic players to be banned from playing for a set period of time, not from talking. They can still do enough damage silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    pestered by someone for whatever stupid reason or another.
    What did you do to piss someone off ?

- Went afk.
    - Decided it's better for you to have your mini game and solo a lane and let your team die on objective .
    - Feeding.
    - Wasting Ulti to clear lanes.
    - Insisting on picking a hero that every member of your team advised you not to because enemy team heroes countering you and you start feeding.
    - You were last pick on hero selection and denied picking a healer or tank and thought it is going to be OK.
    - Picking second spec/tank class gimping your team dps.
    - Picking Tass as support against bursty enemy team.
    - Picking second melee assassin against ranged team.
    - Hoarding shit load of doubloons then die horribly to enemy team.
    - All your team is dead and you thought what is harm to peak on enemy team doing objective till my team spawn and you end up dead.
    - Thought that Nova + Zeratul is good combo.
    - Charging idiotically with Butcher into enemy team forcing your team to defend you and end up making all your team dead.
    - Picking up ETC and you take Stage Dive as Ulti.
    - You end up dead while soaking although your team repeatedly pinging you to retreat because enemy team were coming after you but you thought you can protect yourself.
    - Picking worst talent combo anyone can think of and your stats look horrible that your team consider themselves fighting 4vs5 as if you are out of equation.
    - Picking Vikings or Murky when enemy team has Li Ming.
    - Constantly missing your skill shots.
    - You got pissed off that your team forced you to pick Healer/Tank when you were originally wanted to play assassin so you talent yourself into dps Malf or Kung fu wanna be Kharazim.
    - You were team leader and rather than banning OP Heroes especially for map oriented heroes but you ban Lili or Butcher.
    - Heading towards objective with half HP and you get yourself ganked.
    - Thought that Nova + Abathur is a cool idea.
    - Picking Rexxar as main tank of the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    - Constantly missing your skill shots.
    I hope that's sarcasm, if they are not doing it intentionally you should not be verbally attacking them. Especially if you want to win.
    Players will no longer randomly suffer falling damage.

I had a player refuse to take part in HL because they didn't like the character I chose, and instead of trying they purposely threw the match, even said so in team chat pissing off the whole team. Everyone reported them but nothing happened.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I'm sure that you've all gone through this as well. You play a game, whether QM or
    HL, and you're being pestered by someone for whatever stupid reason or another.

Is it at all worth reporting them? Or is it just better to simply ignore them and be
    done with it?
    Generally, you should report players that are behaving badly. It is in the company's interest that a game doesn't become toxic as it cuts down on potential customers and revenue streams. Even Riot Games has done a lot to combat toxicity in LoL.

I had a Artanis who got his knickers in a twist at losing the first 4 shots on Towers of Doom. So he sat in top lane the rest of the match until we lost.
    What makes matters worse is we somehow lost 28-0 scoring all 3 towers in the triple spawn 4 v 5 later in the game.

Deleted

- Grabbed Illidan so the enemy team wouldn't get him and then the player who "prepicked" him (Who was last pick) trollpicked Nova and berated me the entire match
    My most memorable encounter with a toxic player

This is new one Just happened for me today:

- Wasting your precious 120 sec CD Mosh Pit on yourself only just because enemy team clamped on you and you end up dead anyway.

I've seen a few muted players, it's more frequent now that the features been out for a while. And SOOOOOO glad they let you mute their pings now. It's like crazy amazing. We ask for it and they jump through the hoop and do it.

So yes please keep reporting people, it does do something.
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose its more helpful to report someone and describe the reason for it, as opposed to just a blanket report with nothing
    else to go on?

Well, in my matches, I report anyone who is swearing in a serious way. Sometimes, I report people for absolutely everything in the list when they are absolutely hideous, and sometimes multiple times for the same offense. It works. I only hope that they wouldn't get teamed with you in future games though. As an enemy is fine :P

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose its more helpful to report someone and describe the reason for it, as opposed to just a blanket report with nothing
    else to go on?
    Sometimes, yes. The way it's happening is kind of simple. There's a certain amount of reports needed to initiate a chat ban, but for some rare occasions if someone is being absolutely terrible and you sit down and write 1-2 lines describing what happened, they may get banned much faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys, appreciating all this feedback. I will def keep these in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Thought that Nova + Abathur is a cool idea.
    Depending on how little the enemy team is paying attention, you can take fort after fort doing this. Though its something I only do after a few rounds of drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Depending on how little the enemy team is paying attention, you can take fort after fort doing this. Though its something I only do after a few rounds of drinks.
    Why ? the opposite team is afk ? and why choose the slowest and most painful way to take down forts ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why ? the opposite team is afk ? and why choose the slowest and most painful way to take down forts ?
    Because it was fun. And it involved towers of doom with friends, and all three lanes had great wave clear so we simply went behind and slowly poked down a fort. Taking a fort out of nowhere in towers of doom is pretty impactful, especially when done very early on.

Either way, I really would have hoped that the drinks comment would have indicated that I didn't consider this a serious strategy by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Everyone reported them but nothing happened.
    How do you know this?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I have no idea if it really works but threatening AFKs and trolls with it has occasionally forced them to actually play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Because it was fun. And it involved towers of doom with friends, and all three lanes had great wave clear so we simply went behind and slowly poked down a fort. Taking a fort out of nowhere in towers of doom is pretty impactful, especially when done very early on.

Either way, I really would have hoped that the drinks comment would have indicated that I didn't consider this a serious strategy by any means.
    Zeratul is much better choice for that.

Just pick Shadow Spike (Does not decloak) and Double Bombs (2 charges). Not only can Zeratul position himself for Abathur to use all his abilities, but he does not risk getting flagged as AFK because he can cast his spell after level 7 and has a decent escape with Blink and Void Prison.