Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Want to know why there are so many places named in Spanish in California? Because Mexico. You don't seem to know your own state's history.
    Or because of spain, not mexico. Spain is not mexico.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    In order for Israel to be in Africa it would need to be in Africa and not Asia, but it is in Asia and not Africa. Do you see how that works?

Egypt is in both Africa and Asia, but Egypt is not Israel.
    Well thats your opinion, but men drew the borders on a paper map. I'm saying they are more closely associated with Africa throughout their entire history than with asia.

Or because of spain, not mexico. Spain is not mexico.
    We took it from Mexico. It's called the Mexican-American war because it was a war between Mexico and America. Spain was not involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Well thats your opinion, but men drew the borders on a paper map. I'm saying they are more closely associated with Africa throughout their entire history than with asia.
    It is not my opinion, you seem to be confused.

Israel has never been in Africa, even the claims for the founding of the ancient state were when the Jewish people had left Africa, so you can not even claim to be using Bible history.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    We took it from Mexico. It's called the Mexican-American war because it was a war between Mexico and America. Spain was not involved.
    US took texas and the territories surrounding it. California used to be Spanish territory

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    US took texas and the territories surrounding it. California used to be Spanish territory
    Yes, it used to be Spanish, but California became part of Mexico after the Mexican War of Independence. Then the US went to war with Mexico to steal it, the US did not go to war with Spain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Came for the Hillary debate, and got...

Wait for it...

Geography and history????

Well at least I can say that what I thought I knew about this stuff was confirmed...

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I agree, never understood why they don't turn around and go;

"You know what, I've changed my mind. I do that, as do you, as does everyone. Would you rather elect a President who never changes their mind despite the clear indication that their belief or opinion is wrong, and that other options might be more important to the nation, and the people? If you want someone who stands firm on the facts, who stands with their the values of this nation, I'm your guy, but if you want someone who is going to be fanatical, is going to be stupid and childish about policy, don't bother voting for me then ..."
    Yeah, changing your mind is different than flip flopping though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

So I don't follow this stuff to much. Are we seeing a bunch of stuff out of context, or....?
    anyone can be edited like that, people change views and accounts, its not deceptive, its being human. It would be worrying if people had to form an opinion on everythign early on in life and were not allowed to change it, ever......

12mins? I'd love to see a trump one, but I dont think I have a weekend free to set aside to watch it.
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2016-05-02 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    anyone can be edited like that, people change views and accounts, its not deceptive, its being human. It would be worrying if people had to form an opinion on everythign early on in life and were not allowed to change it, ever......

12mins? I'd love to see a trump one, but I dont think I have a weekend free to set aside to watch it.
    People are of course allowed to change their opinion, people aren't reacting to that.
    The thing they're reacting on is that she's constantly denying that she has said any of those things in the past and acting like her stance was the same all the way. Which is blatant lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

You are missing a major point. It is not that one can change their views, but why they would and if they admit it later. And she has not said she has changed any of her views on anything, but they are deeply rooted in her values. Where as Trump has admitted he has evolved on some issues and has changed his mind. So you see her values are to shift according to whatever is publicly popular.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Then where? In your head?
    He means in history. Israel has a long history connection with Egypt, the Sudan, Ethiopia. Which is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    People are of course allowed to change their opinion, people aren't reacting to that.
    The thing they're reacting on is that she's constantly denying that she has said any of those things in the past and acting like her stance was the same all the way. Which is blatant lying.
    thats what politicians do, if they admit error, which is natural, then the media crucifies them.

This is not an issue about politicians, but about media reporting and about public attitudes. if we crucify people for changing their minds, they will never ever admit to it.

Looks to me like Hilary's views changed over time. But if you look at Trump they change within 5minutes.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You are missing a major point. It is not that one can change their views, but why they would and if they admit it later. And she has not said she has changed any of her views on anything, but they are deeply rooted in her values. Where as Trump has admitted he has evolved on some issues and has changed his mind. So you see her values are to shift according to whatever is publicly popular.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, Trump evolved? You mean he said something stupid, and his people have to retract it, over and over and over again. He continually flip flops on things, and its not because he "evolves" its because he is someone who is disconnected from reality, one of those people who creates his own reality around himself. I've sene clips where he says something, then 5mins later denies it, and you can tell he really really believes he is right, even when presented with evidence to the contrary.

thats what politicians do, if they admit error, which is natural, then the media crucifies them.

This is not an issue about politicians, but about media reporting and about public attitudes. if we crucify people for changing their minds, they will never ever admit to it.

Looks to me like Hilary's views changed over time. But if you look at Trump they change within 5minutes.....

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, Trump evolved? You mean he said something stupid, and his people have to retract it, over and over and over again. He continually flip flops on things, and its not because he "evolves" its because he is someone who is disconnected from reality, one of those people who creates his own reality around himself. I've sene clips where he says something, then 5mins later denies it, and you can tell he really really believes he is right, even when presented with evidence to the contrary.
    In her case it seems like she's being crucified more for not admitting it, though which shows in polls where she is deemed untrustworthy compared to other candidates. I'm not saying Trump is better though, he is a complete tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Deleted
    She is simply not worthy as a candidate. Disgusting human being.

She a politician... If the fact that she (or anyone) will lie to get elected troubles you, or you find it shocking, you're not old enough / smart enough / mature enough to be allowed to vote.
    Just because it's the norm doesn't mean it's excusable or should be tolerated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    In her case it seems like she's being crucified more for not admitting it, though which shows in polls where she is deemed untrustworthy compared to other candidates. I'm not saying Trump is better though, he is a complete tool.
    Just saying, if we attack politicians whenever they admit error or change their mind, this is the result, they dont....and we attack them for that.

They are a product of the media and public perceptions and reactions. We can say we hate politicians, but we get the ones we deserve, as they act in the manner which gets them elected.

If we want politicians that tell the truth, we have to be prepared to hear it and vote for it, even if we dont like it. Sadly we as an electorate dont, and so this is what we get.

She a politician... If the fact that she (or anyone) will lie to get elected troubles you, or you find it shocking, you're not old enough / smart enough / mature enough to be allowed to vote.
    We've had half the population voting for GWB.
    We currently have a top candidate that people are voting for to make "America great again."
    And now we have plenty of people that are voting for a woman that believe that she'll push a $15 min wage, is against the TPP, among other things.

So who do you vote for when no one is telling the truth?
    So feel free to include yourself. Because apparently you have to believe in something.
    o wait, let me guess; you're a GOPer and you don't have a dog in this race except the bare bones of a hope that they're all lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    No bias there
    Why is Katie Sanders name circled?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deion_Sanders
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I don't understand why people are so up in arms over her changing her opinions on things. You would think people would WANT a politician who is willing to be flexible, who is willing to compromise.

Nobody here can concretely say why her changing her opinions on anything is bad. First of all, you need to point to direct evidence that her changing her opinion was "forced" or "pandering". Second of all, you need to challenge the opinion in the first place. Ok, let's say that her stance on the TPP was bad. Why is it bad? Is the TPP bad? Why? You're throwing out the baby with the bathwater. You guys have no statistics, nothing to back your hatred for Hillary up other than stupid, out of context videos and memes.

And quite frankly, she's been consistent on most things, or at least her values. Policy is one thing. Has their been any indication that Hillary has some sort of vendetta against the poor, minorities, or people of the LGBT community? Far from it I would say.

At the end of the day, the people who hate Clinton so vehemently, to me at least, are a lost cause. You'll hate her no matter what. It doesn't matter what her opinion on anything is. She's forever damned in your minds, because you want to keep that moral pedestal above her and her supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why is Katie Sanders name circled?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deion_Sanders
    I have no idea, I didn't make the image

Deleted
    Why do people think she changes opinions? I bet she mostly has the same views and ideas as ever.

The major rule in politics is to never say what you really think, only what people want to hear (at that moment).