Poll: UK or USA to live?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    I hunt Rabbit, Pigeon, Crows, Fox's, Deer, Bore, rat, squirrel (vermin basically) at the moment . Getting a firearms licence is a pain in the ass though have to get the land passed for it, checked every 5 years have a limit on ammo, have to tell them when you add a mod to the gun all sorts. Its ok if your shooting a sub 12fp air rifle but above that is firearms certificate job and you have to jump through so many hoops.

If someone tells me they have an issue with Deer on there land and want them gone, i have to phone police to come out pass there land, make sure my rifle/ammo if the right caliber to shoot them takes forever.

When you sign up for firearms you need to have land that can be passed to shoot on and a good reason to own one or be a member of a shooting club. It's just allot of faffing about.
    That faffing about keeps our firearm offences low though, so it is a trade off worth having.

And the firearm calibre check is to make sure the deer is going to die when it gets shot, that was something British hunters themselves wanted due to the number of idiots who thought they could take down a deer with an underpowered rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    That faffing about keeps our firearm offences low though, so it is a trade off worth having.

And the firearm calibre check is to make sure the deer is going to die when it gets shot, that was something British hunters themselves wanted due to the number of idiots who thought they could take down a deer with an underpowered rifle.
    Very true, but when your not an idiot and someone just wants a job done that would take you no time at all it's just a pain in the ass to deal with. Guess your right though i wouldn't be to happy with some of the idiots living by me owning firearms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Very true, but when your not an idiot and someone just wants a job done that would take you no time at all it's just a pain in the ass to deal with. Guess your right though i wouldn't be to happy with some of the idiots living by me owning firearms.
    In the UK we allow firearms for responsible gun owners, the problem is that you can not take the word of someone that they are going to be a responsible gun owner because so many are not - just think of all those stories of people leaving firearms lying around that kids pick up and you only typically hear the ones that end in a death, not all of the incidents.

Those checks are a test for responsible gun ownership and, though they may be a pain in the arse, you have documentary proof that you are a responsible gun owner.

i'd rather be wet and miserable all the time over sweaty and irritable ... UK it is lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Wales is a beautiful place, NHS is really quite a great thing to have and with a strong chance of Jeremy Corbyn being at the helm in the future of UK, with a strong chance of Donald Trump being at the helm in the future of the US I think I would stick with the UK. US great for holidays and traveling but the UK is a pretty nice place to live, in the right places. UK also doesn't have a complete nutter to look forward to leading it in the near future. Well, maybe.
    I agree with most of what you said but the Corbyn bit was a great laugh infact it was a blow out your tea remark, there is a reason why they are touted as the no opposition party, and with the recent anti- semitism remarks it just shows how far they have fallen.

Deleted
    With the money I currently have I can only buy a small apartment in the UK. With the same money I can buy a good house in a good neighborhood in the USA, so I would pick the USA if I had to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    I agree with most of what you said but the Corbyn bit was a great laugh infact it was a blow out your tea remark, there is a reason why they are touted as the no opposition party, and with the recent anti- semitism remarks it just shows how far they have fallen.
    A load of blown well out of proportion bickering to distract from the important issues is about how it looks to me.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

It all depend on how much money you have, if you had a nice amount then both have really nice spot, if i had the money i would buy a property in Scotland up north near Inverness (lovely small city) or a ranch in Montana (love that state).
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Im from USA, love UK but I wouldnt live there as there as currently theres too much PC and censorship going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Maybe, but maybe it is more likely that you are the one triggered?
    Lol I'm not the one quoting posts that are a month old
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    A load of blown well out of proportion bickering to distract from the important issues is about how it looks to me.
    so you think its acceptable for the main political opposition party in the UK to have had 12 incidents of anti-Semitism in the last year? whilst there may be some advantage being taken of the situation, Labour are in trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    so you think its acceptable for the main political opposition party in the UK to have had 12 incidents of anti-Semitism in the last year? whilst there may be some advantage being taken of the situation, Labour are in trouble.
    Labour have been in trouble since Che Guevara-idolising students hijacked the leadership contest and put in Corbyn.

Their internal problems with anti-semitism are just the icing on the cake in their crusade to make themselves "The most unelectable party in British politics" - the Lib Dems currently hold that crown and won't give it up without a fight.

On second thoughts, the Lib Dems will almost certainly give up without a fight, they always do.

10+ Year Old Account
    If those are my only two choices, Scotland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite the food and healthcare yes, I'd stay here in the US. Call it stockholm syndrome.
    Last edited by PomPyro; 2016-05-02 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    UK, because London. Which other cosmopolitan city is that f-cking polite ? In the underground, elderly people offer you their seat, every f-cking person helps your dumb tourist arse to find your rear end since the search party of your own two hands failed miserably.

The US would be awesome no question, but my mom would miss me too much and she hates flying. A flight from London to my hometown takes an hour, which comes in handy when my dad has f-cked up his computer again.

It is strange how many political motivations people have when choosing to live somewhere (based off of the responses in this thread). When a person has a decent income, political issues are usually at most, secondary issues in someone's life. It is strange that things like culture, weather and economic prospects take the backseat in people's minds to things like crime and societal problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to visit the UK someday but the US is home. /warm fuzzies

Maybe UK, I hear they don't work very many hours, but then again the refugee crisis...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Sorry, forgot about the whole UK is without the entire island area But northen Ireland is great too
    Northern Ireland is a nice place to live but I wouldn't describe it as 'great'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Maybe UK, I hear they don't work very many hours, but then again the refugee crisis...
    The refugee crisis is in mainland Europe, not the UK.