Page 68 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    they seriously need to buff ALL of the healing abilities of WW

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    Quick question as I don't have access to alpha myself. SCK damage is heavily based on unique targets hit in the last 15 seconds, but is there any UI indication when tabbing to a target as to whether you have hit it recently or not? Something like a "recently hit and counting towards SCK buff" debuff on the target? I know they said the SCK icon would show a number on it for how many had been hit, but I was mostly concerned if there was a way to tell when selecting a target if it would increase the counter or not before actually using an ability. Ideally, it would be something you could see above nameplates, to purposefully select unmarked targets, though I remember them mentioning wanting to make tab targetting better for this specifically. Also, does using SCK reset the stacks to 0 or can you use say 2 SCKs back to back and have them both be at the same damage level from previous unique targets hit? Finally, is there any cap? I can't find that info in any tooltip.

Bleh there is really nothing I like about this SCK system without SEF up, I almost wish they would just make it buff SCK damage based on unique targets your images hit, not you, and balance that as a way to use SEF as AoE burst, with SCK being balanced to not scale for regular sustained AoE.
    There is no indication of what targets you've already hit. It's not as necessary as you'd think given how they've changed the tab targeting function.

SCK does not use up the charges, you'll keep the stacks for the 15s regardless of how many times you SCK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    WW is incredibly structured and boring.
    If you've tested it on Alpha then you're currently testing it with very low ilvl. Any class that is based on energy feels slow at the start. Now that WW will scale with haste, there will be a pretty noticeable change in speed as you gear up. Now if your opinion of what isn't structured and boring is the proc fiesta we have with current tier and SDI, then your opinion is only based on one tier and somewhat against how WW has operated for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    They haven't done any tuning passes yet, so if they feel that WW healing is too weak, they'll buff it. But they've nerfed all hybrid heals yet again, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Retris still topping people from 10% to 100% with like 3 heal lol

they buff WW healing if they feel huh ? like in WoD ? dont make me laugh.

Deep breath. They're still in alpha. They have done very little in the way of tuning.

10+ Year Old Account

Ret seems to be moving toward more of a support role than DPS with some of the changes.

They didnt buff WW healing in WoD, they nerfed it, IIRC. They certainly won't buff it unless they feel its needed, so not sure what you're looking for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Ret seems to be moving toward more of a support role than DPS with some of the changes.

They didnt buff WW healing in WoD, they nerfed it, IIRC. They certainly won't buff it unless they feel its needed, so not sure what you're looking for.
    thats exactly my point they not buffed it even tought they should have.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats exactly my point they not buffed it even tought they should have.
    Well "should" in this situation is a relative term. For what I do Mythic Raiding, current Expel Harm is well enough. Healing Spheres was always better and I miss that, but I don't see why they should have buffed it. Blizzard seems to agree with my stance, so they didnt make any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    WW is incredibly structured and boring.
    Yeah, they've done a great job of ironing out all the kinks and streamlining the spec but now there's nothing left that interests me. At least enhancement is a hot mess now.

you wont need a lot with 2 of the weapon talents basically being healing cds

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=195295/good-karma
    http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=195380/healing-winds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    you wont need a lot with 2 of the weapon talents basically being healing cds

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=195295/good-karma
    http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=195380/healing-winds
    Yeeeaaaaah, but no.

Bad Karma does nothing for you outside of solo content. In PvE, you usually use Touch of Karma preemptively, so when you soak the damage, you are at full HP, and the heal is wasted. (and even if it's not wasted, you have 4 healers on your tail constantly topping everybody up.) In PvP, people usually untarget you once you put on Touch of Karma, so no soak and no heal for you.

I have still mixed feelings about the usefulnes of Healing Winds, it's probly gonna be a frequently used way of healing, but I don't feel it's very comfortable form of healing in PvE. It looks pretty good in PvP scenario tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Yeeeaaaaah, but no.

Bad Karma does nothing for you outside of solo content. In PvE, you usually use Touch of Karma preemptively, so when you soak the damage, you are at full HP, and the heal is wasted. (and even if it's not wasted, you have 4 healers on your tail constantly topping everybody up.) In PvP, people usually untarget you once you put on Touch of Karma, so no soak and no heal for you.

I have still mixed feelings about the usefulnes of Healing Winds, it's probly gonna be a frequently used way of healing, but I don't feel it's very comfortable form of healing in PvE. It looks pretty good in PvP scenario tho.
    I never use touch of karma unless I know I would be taking some bigger hits atm on live, for legion don't see the problem holding off on using it. I only try to pop it in pvp when the other person pops their cooldowns or whatever but even if they don't attack you its still helpful, besides most people aren't paying attention to it going up most the time lol.

winds looks like a nice short cd heal, and definitely handy in pvp being able to port behind a pillar or whatever and get a nice 20% heal on that.

those 2 things with http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=122281/healing-elixir (always used it on live) and we really shouldn't be too bad, I mean I definitely hope the base heals gets a little better and hope the first talent line (Chi Burst, Eye of the Tiger, Chi Wave) actually heal worth a dam by time the alpha/beta is over lol. Though Expel Harm will be missed, I always liked it .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    I never use touch of karma unless I know I would be taking some bigger hits atm on live, for legion don't see the problem holding off on using it. I only try to pop it in pvp when the other person pops their cooldowns or whatever but even if they don't attack you its still helpful, besides most people aren't paying attention to it going up most the time lol.

You use ToK proactively, usually when boss does one big hit. If you get hit to lower your hp and them use ToK to heal up would do nothing, since there is no damage to soak.
    Rarely does the boss do constant damage for extended period of time, where you could do like 5 seconds of taking damage and then popping ToK to heal it back up. Usually when these types of boss abilities come, your healers are ready to use CD's like Healing stream, Tranquality, etc, so your self heal would be completly worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    You use ToK proactively, usually when boss does one big hit. If you get hit to lower your hp and them use ToK to heal up would do nothing, since there is no damage to soak.
    Rarely does the boss do constant damage for extended period of time, where you could do like 5 seconds of taking damage and then popping ToK to heal it back up. Usually when these types of boss abilities come, your healers are ready to use CD's like Healing stream, Tranquality, etc, so your self heal would be completly worthless.
    Then use it offensively instead of defensively. Pop it and go stand in a conal attack that could otherwise be dodged. Say your ToK saves you 750k out of 1.25M damage. You'll heal up for that remaining 500K and your healers won't have to worry about it.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Feels quite wrong to purposly take damage just to make some use out of one trait, it's use is for other content, nothing wrong with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    Then use it offensively instead of defensively. Pop it and go stand in a conal attack that could otherwise be dodged. Say your ToK saves you 750k out of 1.25M damage. You'll heal up for that remaining 500K and your healers won't have to worry about it.
    Did they change it to be a HoT after the absorbtion is gone? Cause in earlier builds it was only during the absorbtion that u got healed, which is why people generally think it's a baaaaaad trait.

Why ppl don't understand not all traits have to be for raid environments, for real now..

Quote Originally Posted by Stk View Post
    Why ppl don't understand not all traits have to be for raid environments, for real now..
    Because if it's not useful for raids it belongs in the pvp talent tree or as a talent itself. You shouldn't be wasting artifact power on crap you won't use just to get to a gold artifact trait.

I assume you did not check other artifacts, these traits have their meaning but if it is not a DPS gain, why it should be there right? Even in progres raids this particular karma heal trait will be usefull covering mistakes and such.
    Also, if you don't like it, skip it since you are not forced to spend that power into it by anything..geez..

Quote Originally Posted by Stk View Post
    I assume you did not check other artifacts, these traits have their meaning but if it is not a DPS gain, why it should be there right? Even in progres raids this particular karma heal trait will be usefull covering mistakes and such.
    Also, if you don't like it, skip it since you are not forced to spend that power into it by anything..geez..
    At least we don't have something as useless as a 10% dodge trait! Oh wait...
    Anyway, I don't mind the ToK healing trait or the transendence heal trait, though if you really have an issue with ToK healing, it is fully skippable until your last trait given its position. 10% dodge I do still have a problem with, but it is also skippable until the end. I wish they would change the dodge trait to a dodge version of Sparring, at least that had some flavor, 10% dodge is uninspired while being very low impact at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    At least we don't have something as useless as a 10% dodge trait! Oh wait...
    Not only WW has something like that, i've saw dodge/parry on other melees too.
    Again, it's not only raid design on artifact, I'd take 10% dodge no problem fighting multiple max level mobs at a time as how we are used to pull them .