Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need a new mouse.

I purchased the Steel Series Cataclysm Mouse years ago and its finally starting to show its wear and tear. The mouse scroll wheel is pretty much crap at this point and its very difficult to zoom in and out in game or scroll up and down if Im trying to read anything out of game. I have tried a lot of other mice over the last few weeks but all of them end up back at Best Buy the next day. I dont have girly hands, so a lot of these smaller mice like the Naga just dont work for me. I loved the Steel Series because it feels great under my hand and the thumb buttons are easy to reach and comfortable to use. Only problem is they dont seem to actively sell it anymore.

I came across the Mad Catz MMO 7 mouse and a few of the reviewers said they previously used the Cataclysm mouse and that was their favorite prior to buying the Mad Catz. Only problem is it seems like the thing is Chinese garbage and breaks if you look at it wrong. People talking about being on their 3rd or even 4th one. I guess that kinda speaks for how the mouse performs if they keep going back to it even knowing how fragile it is.

Just wondering what are some good gaming mice that compare to the old Steel Series Cataclysm mouse.

Deleted
    Atm using my 2. Razer Deathadder mouse its da best! had 2006year one it broke and i just buyd Deathadder Chrome. its uuuber comfortable, you palm doesnt sweat so much and has nice side grips.

tho if you want mouse for mmo look at mad catz or naga.
    lot of ppl say steelseries rival is good

p.s my 1. deathadder served me good 6years, in mid i had steelseries mx518

Logitech G502
    Intel 7700K l Asrock Z270 Taichi l Corsair H115i Pro l G.SKill Trident Z 3200Mhz l EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 l NZXT S340 Elite l EVGA G2 650W PSU

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products...ries/Kone-XTD/

Like you, I had the WoW mouse, only I had the original. It finally went out about a year ago. I switched to this one, I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthare View Post
    Logitech G502
    That is the biggest piece of shit mouse. The scroll wheel typically lasts about a month before it is no longer usable. Their forums are filled with complaints about it. I went through 2 of them in 7 weeks before I said screw this. What I get for not reading the reviews and their own forums about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    That is the biggest piece of shit mouse. The scroll wheel typically lasts about a month before it is no longer usable. Their forums are filled with complaints about it. I went through 2 of them in 7 weeks before I said screw this. What I get for not reading the reviews and their own forums about it.
    Mine has been going on strong since November.
    Intel 7700K l Asrock Z270 Taichi l Corsair H115i Pro l G.SKill Trident Z 3200Mhz l EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 l NZXT S340 Elite l EVGA G2 650W PSU

10+ Year Old Account
    my least favorite mouse ever is my current naga 2014.

my favorite mouse ever was a logitec mx510 that thing was damn near indestructible, had a couple extra buttons but nothing crazy. good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    And yet, here I am with a G502 and having had zero issues with it, 6 months down the line. Most reliable mouse I've bought since my MX518. I've been through quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And yet, here I am with a G502 and having had zero issues with it, 6 months down the line. Most reliable mouse I've bought since my MX518. I've been through quite a few.
    Just because you have been lucky does not change the fact that the reviews for it say otherwise, as well as tons of complaints.

15+ Year Old Account

Roccat Kone XTD is a great non-MMO mouse if you are looking for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The RAT series (inc. MMO7) of mice use to be awesome but they went through a manufacturing change years ago and since then they've been of shoddy build quality but as to the mice themselves they perform very well.

Also I'm happy with my G502, i'd recommend it. It's my current daily mouse.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Logitech G600. Still going strong for a couple years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    While a bit on the simple side, I've been really enjoying my Steelseries Rival 300 for well over a year now. I've got long, skinny skeleton pincers and I think it's super comfy. I've seen a couple of reviews complaining that the rubbery thumbrest-bits either come off or get dirty and such, but I've not encountered any problems as of yet.
    Apparently I got a late batch version of the 100 model with improved side grips, and then they rebranded it and called it the Rival 300 to avoid confusion.

So yeah, recommending the Steelseries Rival 300 for those of you with spooky skeleton hands.

Deleted
    Razer Naga all the way. Woth every penny if you ask me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swyp View Post
    Razer Naga all the way. Woth every penny if you ask me.
    Until you have to purchase a new one or RMA because of double click issues and other bad QA related stuff, yes.

I'd recommend something from Logitech, Func or Mionix.

Func FUNC-MS-2

Mionix NAOS 7000

Logitech G500s
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2016-05-02 at 10:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Most reliable mouse I've bought since my MX518. I've been through quite a few.
    I am still using my MX518. Bought it 2009 to "instant" replace the MX510 I bought in 2004

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a naga and a perdition and I like'm both.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Until you have to purchase a new one or RMA because of double click issues and other bad QA related stuff, yes.

I'd recommend something from Logitech, Func or Mionix.

Func FUNC-MS-2

Mionix NAOS 7000

Logitech G500s
    The previous versions of the Naga attracted dirt very easily. If you regularly cleaned it, you'd seldom have any problems with it. My Naga Molten which I had for 4 years eventually broke but only because I spilled water on it. My current Naga 2014 which I've had since...2014 still works just fine.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    my favorite mouse ever was a logitec mx510 that thing was damn near indestructible, had a couple extra buttons but nothing crazy. good times.
    g500s has the exact same shape as that mouse + an extra side button + FREE WHEELIN' MOUSE WHEEL TOGGLE! (free wheelin mouse is one of my favourite discoveries)

but i am currently looking into getting a naga or some other many button'd mouse and doing some horrible experiment to get it into the body of one of these logitech shape'd mice. been using this shape mouse for over a decade and it isn't for not trying others, it is because it is super comfortable and nothing else has ever been able to fit so nicely in my hand with my style of mousing around.

edit: i got excited and steamed away with my reply. yeah i literally only replaced my mx518 after years of service because my friend had a 500s and i fell in love with the mouse wheel. i still have the mx518 somewhere and it still works perfectly. such a good mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    If you're playing WoW (or any other MMO) then you're basically going to be getting the Naga or G600 (or whichever the latest Logitech version is).
    this is the shitty reason that i am undertaking my horrible experiment. all the multi-button mouse are so fucking wide i cannot use them at all.
    Last edited by the boar; 2016-05-02 at 03:27 PM.

If you're playing WoW (or any other MMO) then you're basically going to be getting the Naga or G600 (or whichever the latest Logitech version is).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    this is the shitty reason that i am undertaking my horrible experiment. all the multi-button mouse are so fucking wide i cannot use them at all.
    Wide? Both of those mice are actually pretty small, besides the bit you rest your [right hand] ring finger on. Unless you're comparing them to some £2 microsoft thing, which are just too small for anything.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-05-02 at 03:47 PM.