Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Timegating is a bad sign for me. It's a way to artificially prolong the content because you know there isn't a lot of it. Worrying about players "burning through content too fast, so we have to restrict them" is like serving the meal in small portions so you can enjoy it for longer.
    If we're gonna use the food analogy, if you consume your meal too fast, there is a high chance you will end up getting indigestion. Only you will have yourselves to blame for not taking your time.
    Besides, the way I see it. Timegating the mythic dungeons and raids means there is little incentive to blitz to max level in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by supermany View Post
    Lets hope not. It would be bad if you can get the weapon in just a few days. With a Number that high, it will be assured that we can have fun for a long time.
    If you dungeon spam 24/7, a dungeon run takes roughly 15 minutes and the average ap you gain per run is 75, you need to be farming dungeons for 231 days while playing 24 hours each and every day to fully max the artifact weapon, this is a completely unrealistic value and even the most hardcore player in the universe won't play that much unless he resorts to botting. Either the ap rewarded from items needs to be increased or the ap requirement needs to get massively reduced.

Deleted
    I see why some would be upset over Timegating but as somewhat casual player here, I know I won`t be behind the rest of the guild and friends circle for not playing 2-3 days in a row.

I just hope Mythic dungeons are actually challenging and hard - with current +720 HFC gear, they`re pretty... not really easy but not something that requires total focus and knowledge of the spec and fight.

Somehow it wasn't an issue in BC and WotLK. BC released a crapton of raids and dungeons all at once, all modes unlocked, and throughout the whole expansion people didn't complain about content droughts.

Timegating is a bad sign for me. It's a way to artificially prolong the content because you know there isn't a lot of it. Worrying about players "burning through content too fast, so we have to restrict them" is like serving the meal in small portions so you can enjoy it for longer.
    they are delaying Mythic+ mode cause it drops raid quality gear so they are releasing them with raids, and they are delaying raids so ppl won't feel the need to rush the lvling experience.
    and I don't think 2 weeks of wait at launch is prolonging the content...no one buys the expansion and plays it for just 1 month if they are serious about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    If we're gonna use the food analogy, if you consume your meal too fast, there is a high chance you will end up getting indigestion. Only you will have yourselves to blame for not taking your time.
    Besides, the way I see it. Timegating the mythic dungeons and raids means there is little incentive to blitz to max level in a day.
    That's it. If you eat so much that you get sick, well, that's up to you. It's always a possibility that someone chooses to do so, but it's his choice.

Same with people who would choose to play 3 days non stop to level up, gear up and hardcore raid as fast as possible. For me, it's pointless, but they have the choice. And I prefer when games leave you to choose whatever you do than delay it "for your own good".

That's it. If you eat so much that you get sick, well, that's up to you. It's always a possibility that someone chooses to do so, but it's his choice.

Same with people who would choose to play 3 days non stop to level up, gear up and hardcore raid as fast as possible. For me, it's pointless, but they have the choice. And I prefer when games leave you to choose whatever you do than delay it "for your own good".
    But again, there is no incentive to do that in such short time. Chances are the majority of players will still be levelling while the people who dinged 110 after a few days are waiting around bored for their heroic dungeon queue to pop.
    Delaying the mythic dungeons and raids just gives the not so hardcore players time to catch up.

Still more reasons to never touch WOW again. Grind, grind, grind, grind.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lets hope not. It would be bad if you can get the weapon in just a few days. With a Number that high, it will be assured that we can have fun for a long time.
    No, I don't consider farming again and again the same thing for week and weeks just to increase AP something fun. For the same reason, farming mob for month to get get exalted with a faction is not fun.
    Do you still find the mythic dungeon fun ? Do you still run them ? They were fun in the beginning, now that it's purely farm for VP nobody do them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Still more reasons to never touch WOW again. Grind, grind, grind, grind.
    And yet people are baying for Legacy servers. Back when the game was nothing but a grindfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenis View Post
    No, I don't consider farming again and again the same thing for week and weeks just to increase AP something fun. For the same reason, farming mob for month to get get exalted with a faction is not fun.
    Do you still find the mythic dungeon fun ? Do you still run them ? They were fun in the beginning, now that it's purely farm for VP nobody do them anymore.
    its meant as a tool for end game progression and clear over time nerf for instances - you arent meant to complete it soon- idealyu it should take you months if not whole first tier to complete it.

yes i find mythic dungeons still veyr fun mainly because i never run them on 740 toons only on 670-680 ones which means they are decently tuned and fun. what i would find more fun would be if they put more mythic dungeons in game but this wont happen till legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god I love it! Finally you pick a spec and stick with it. No more spec jumping between fights because it does %5 more damage. Hopefully this will force some sense to the elitists. Let them die in agony.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    its meant as a tool for end game progression and clear over time nerf for instances - you arent meant to complete it soon- idealyu it should take you months if not whole first tier to complete it.
    I can't wait to see the first "need fully maxed artifact weapon" LFM announcements for legion raids, and the related QQ in the forums.

It's very poor design for multirole specs classes. The current design which allows to switch specs on the go is fine, I really don't understand why the try to make people commit to one spec FFXIV style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    I can't wait to see the first "need fully maxed artifact weapon" LFM announcements for legion raids, and the related QQ in the forums.
    thats not what I said doe, wrong quote.

Deleted
    thats not what I said doe, wrong quote.
    Yeah sorry I edited the post.

Deleted
    Oh god I love it! Finally you pick a spec and stick with it. No more spec jumping between fights because it does %5 more damage. Hopefully this will force some sense to the elitists. Let them die in agony.
    And what about hybrids which are played as such? My priests are heal/dps, my paladins are either tank/heal or heal/dps or tank/dps, etc. I don't trust them making healing specs viable for questing. So I would need to play 3 characters if I want to experience the gameplay of the different specs? What are we getting triple-spec then for?

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Considering that Legion doesn't have weapon drops, only Artifacts, I don't see how locking away Artifacts for PVE races would be possible.
    They're applying a debuff in Mythic raids for the progression race, 1-2 months, that disables the special effects on the legendary "passives"
    They could very well do the same with artifact traits (talents) if we're unable to get them all before Mythic starts, or they could just delay raiding for a full month...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    And what about hybrids which are played as such? My priests are heal/dps, my paladins are either tank/heal or heal/dps or tank/dps, etc. I don't trust them making healing specs viable for questing. So I would need to play 3 characters if I want to experience the gameplay of the different specs? What are we getting triple-spec then for?
    I am thinking about that too, since I mainly play blood for Que/Raid avaibility purposes. Maybe they could do this between same role weapons? Who knows? It has just been implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    Battle.Net Mount and Pet Giveaway - What is this? The link seems to be incorrect; it just goes to the rainbow glyph article from the other day.
    Giveaway is right under the rainbow stuff.

For a group that, allegedly, doubled their dev size -- it's odd how they've gotten *worse* at releasing content to the point they need to artificially inflate content to buy them time, which is how I'd interpret your feelings since you're continuing the analogy (which isn't meant to be literal, just an extension and rewording of how you feel). Too much content isn't a bad thing. It means you choose which content is for you.

The only reason to have timegating at the release of something is so you don't have people compelled to call into work or else they are letting their team down. So long as the timegate allows to a *reasonable* amount of time to hit max level, then I'm fine. Once leveling is done, there's no reason for gating anymore -- not even for patches. Or LFR. Or *ANYTHING*.

I think it'd be nice to fair from the dev's *AT RELEASE* how long they expect that content to last us.

- - - Updated - - -

Because stupid scrubs will whine and cry out for nerfs and bully Blizzard on the forums until they feel forced to comply. Remember the Heroic Dungeon debacle back in Cataclysm?
    These new Mythic Dungeons are supposed to appeal to the hardcore players and I'm glad Blizz are sticking to that philosophy.
    The thing about Cataclysm is they foolishly went from a relaxed fun dungeon style to a stressful multi-hour wipefest style. There was no transition, no learning curve --and-- GC mocked the players who flunked miserably which caused a rift between the regular raiders and the "filthy casuals". It was, more or less, officially made that "filthy casuals" were no longer welcome in WoW. This was the straw that pushed people to cyclical playing. No more was WoW about relaxed fun but about stress and pushing new content then being done because rewards where shit.

8+ million sub loss later...

Deleted
    383.000 Power for the Full Weapon? Nice^^ Lets hope this will take a long long Time to get that much
    Oo it will you may need 2-3 expansions to achieve this actually with current AP obtainded in the game