Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    "Bank account"...

Ok then.
    Gold satchel. Backpack tab. Man purse. Whatever you want to call it.

Deleted
    Lol, this will only encourage idiots to buy gold from Ching Chong Ding Dong. Rich people will spend their gold, and poor people will give money to gold sellers, and there are a lot more poor people than rich people.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    >Sell gold for real $ -> create in-game gold sink -> profit
    ..bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Lol, this will only encourage idiots to buy gold from Ching Chong Ding Dong. Rich people will spend their gold, and poor people will give money to gold sellers, and there are a lot more poor people than rich people.
    With gold being as readily available as it is, I doubt the Ching Chong Ding Dongs are seeing nearly the level of business they saw in previous expansions. I mean hell, on Illidan they got so bored of farming gold they went and formed a Mythic raiding guild.

First, raising goldcap in Legion in my opinion means only 1 thing - Blizzard will invalidate WOD gold in only 1 possible way they know and used in previous expansion - by showering everyone with gold from current Legion activities therefore raising inflation and making old "goldcaps" mean nothing.

They did so in a lot of previous expansions, every expansion I made more gold than in previous one.

Second, I'm really looking forward to a spider and fox mount, I always wanted one of these in the game, I'm glad they're implementing it. Now if 1 day they'll make a badger / racoon mount I'm buying that one too.

I wanted the spider even more when I started playing the game and I wished one existed, I was back then a big fan of dark elves riding the spiders, made a female night elf priest with blue skin and white hair and imagined she's a drow, I grew out of that fascination, my priest is not even a night elf anymore, but now that they are finally putting a spider, I'm insta buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Blizzard does not possess the gold. They are offering a legal way for players to do what players have always done, buy gametime with gold. Blizzard is selling subscriptions for cash and allowing those to be traded to players. Blizzard is not selling gold. I guess it isn't as easy to understand as I thought.
    Twist the service all you want. It's a simple transaction that nets you gold for buying a service from Blizzard. It really isn't that challenging to understand unless your vision is blurred by a brown, gooey substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not bite on those gold sink. Not worthy enough.

200k is only 5 min of garrison missions hur hur

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Twist the service all you want. It's a simple transaction that nets you gold for buying a service from Blizzard. It really isn't that challenging to understand unless your vision is blurred by a brown, gooey substance.
    Lol, Blizzard is not selling gold. I know you want to paint it as something simple like that because you get confused when things are more than A-B. Blizzard sells item for cash (sub token), Blizzard allows item to be sold for gold from other players. Blizzard's part in this is that they are selling the item. Not the gold.

It's not twisting the service, it's just being intelligent enough not to misrepresent things to fit my agenda.

Lol, Blizzard is not selling gold. I know you want to paint it as something simple like that because you get confused when things are more than A-B. Blizzard sells item for cash (sub token), Blizzard allows item to be sold for gold from other players. Blizzard's part in this is that they are selling the item. Not the gold.

It's not twisting the service, it's just being intelligent enough not to misrepresent things to fit my agenda.
    So are you claiming that Blizzard wouldn't be judged if they were to offer a service that, by purchasing a Virtual Token, could be exchanged for BiS armor or any sort of P2W item.
    After all, according to you stance, Blizzard wouldn't be selling these items, merely a token. What you do with the Token, after it's yours, is not up to them.

Please, clean up the brown mess you are covered on. It's smelling and it's smelling bad.

So are you claiming that Blizzard wouldn't be judged if they were to offer a service that, by purchasing a Virtual Token, could be exchanged for BiS armor or any sort of P2W item.
    After all, according to you stance, Blizzard wouldn't be selling these items, merely a token. What you do with the Token, after it's yours, is not up to them.

Please, clean up the brown mess you are covered on. It's smelling and it's smelling bad.
    Holy shit, where did those goal posts go? Can anyone tell me? They were right here a minute ago!

If the BiS gear is BoE and thus buyable with gold, sure. That doesn't bother me. If it's raid loot that can only be obtained, that's different. But I don't expect you to understand that. In your scenario, the only way that Blizzard can allow that trade would be either the items are BoE or they are directly giving you the items. But fuck logic, right?

Holy shit, where did those goal posts go? Can anyone tell me? They were right here a minute ago!

If the BiS gear is BoE and thus buyable with gold, sure. That doesn't bother me. If it's raid loot that can only be obtained, that's different. But I don't expect you to understand that. In your scenario, the only way that Blizzard can allow that trade would be either the items are BoE or they are directly giving you the items. But fuck logic, right?
    Random Joe wouldn't give you the thousands of Gold out of his free will.

Face it, the only way you are getting your precious gold is by purchasing the Token from Blizzard. Hence it being an official means, introduced by Blizzard, of purchasing Gold.

I know the fanboysm is dense, but holy bananas, you take the prize lol

Face it, the only way you are getting your precious gold is by purchasing the Token from Blizzard. Hence it being an official means, introduced by Blizzard, of purchasing Gold.

It's a way to exchange money for gold, yes. I never denied that. It still doesn't change the fact that BLIZZARD IS NOT SELLING GOLD. They are selling a resellable item that has always been possible in a non-protected way.

You may not be the best at making a point, but you're pretty damn good at not being intelligent.

100k.... That's like half a day of garrison farming. Try harder blizz

The token is very obviously just a method of getting people who already have massive stockpiles and nothing to do with it to give some of it to players who are more likely to spend it out of the economy. It's a better measure than adding ever more massive gold sinks that some people won't be interested in and which annoys the less massively rich players who it's not strictly aimed at. Gametime is something that everyone who plays the game values.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    How do you guys make 100k gold in 2 days! Seriously.... My garrisons are usually blank on missions after the first set of a few being sent out.
    They take those rare occasions they get 1-2 1k gold missions + treasure hunter bonuses, multiply that by the number of maxed garrisons they have and pretend that's an indicator of sustained daily income...

I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually prove they make these insane amounts (50-100k daily) over long periods of time. Gold missions have diminishing returns (more than 1 character isn't going to double, triple etc your garrison income), some are rare you might see every 5 days at best.

I have 5 characters with 12-20 treasure hunters and I might get 10k on a very good day. It's not like I log in and have 3+ Blingtron missions. Tho granted I didn't invest in shipyards to maximize those (rare...) high gold naval missions.

no doubt you can make pretty darn impressive amounts of gold from garrisons but these people claiming they make insane banks 30 min a day are the same kind of people that claim they have steady 60 fps Ultra with renderscale at 200% on 4 year old hardware. It's like a liars boasting arena. Yeah yeah, go look at the floor zoomed in and use that framerate as your 40man raiding average performance...

Logged on my character that i havent touched in a day or so, with 25 maxed followers, 20 treasure hunters, I have 3 gold missions right now: 100, 35 and 25 gold. Getting those missions for items that sell for 5-15k is maybe once every 10 days? Lvl 3 shipyard with epic fleet, one naval mission for 125 gold. Another character that I havent touched since like last friday had 1 35g mission. Lol.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-05-02 at 05:38 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

i won 14m off gambling this week

ill be fine

Can literally make more gold than a token costs in an hour on any given tuesday even this late in the expansion.

Not to mention the token is not creating gold out of thin air. Someone is handing you that gold for that token, Blizzard just streamlines the system and makes sure people can't rig the entire thing in their favor.

All you are doing is creating hypothetical scenarios that aren't really comparable to the current system to fit some sort of narrative.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    100k... so just about ~2 days of garrison missions.
    As usual people talking out of their asses. You get around 30k gold per char IN A MONTH. No one has 9,999,999 on multiple chars unless they literally farmed all raids with 11 alts per week and even that's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Can literally make more gold than a token costs in an hour on any given tuesday even this late in the expansion.

Not to mention the token is not creating gold out of thin air. Someone is handing you that gold for that token, Blizzard just streamlines the system and makes sure people can't rig the entire thing in their favor.

All you are doing is creating hypothetical scenarios that aren't really comparable to the current system to fit some sort of narrative.
    Creating hypothetical scenarios that fit the narrative I was receiving.

Like it or not, Blizzard did introduce an official mean to purchase gold via real money. Dancing around the mechanic and wording won't change that fact.

And regarding the part of your post I changed to bold; That is changing on the pre-patch. Can't balance one expansion's economy (the items we are discussing here) based on a previous expansion's economy. So the fact that we can get that amount of gold now is irrelevant.