Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Exactly right? It's somewhat disturbing if you are progun person with bunch of guns, and thinks it's hypocritical if someone doesn't shoot real people equally, compared to what they do in video games.
    I think his replies in this thread are just bizarre. Like does he never play FPS games? Or does he and he fantasizes about killing people so is shocked that we don't feel the same? It seems really strange.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    That was never my point.
    Then why did you make the comparison in a thread that talks of hypocrisy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think his replies in this thread are just bizarre. Like does he never play FPS games? Or does he and he fantasizes about killing people so is shocked that we don't feel the same? It seems really strange.
    Yeah....I don't even know. But just reinforces my belief that mental health screening needs to be mandatory to own weapons. Just so he wont show those "cod wussies" how to be a man and play some cod with real guns.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-05-02 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like you wanted Walda to rape Ramsay? I don't think that would cause an uproar.
    No i didn't, that's my point, to me it's indifferent.

Im just refering to the apparent hypocrisy of some people, who went about this outrage because a few characters were raped. There were articles written online, discussions made bla bla.

But apparently the other examples often thrown around as a counter argument - a dude getting his dick sliced off or fresh out of the batch having a woman and her newborn baby (really newborn) getting eaten and shredded alive by a pack of vicious dogs - don't have the same value.

Ah I see we are going with the "he must want to kill people in real life" argument. I must have pressed the right button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the violence is fake and duh boobies are real.

Also Christianity.

Then why did you make the comparison in a thread that talks of hypocrisy?
    Because it is hypocritical to fund an industry in some form or another about the very things you would otherwise dislike in reality.

Honestly, the average consumer doesn't bother me so much as the actors who gross millions of dollars over such things.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Because the violence is fake and duh boobies are real.

Also Christianity.
    boobs aren't always real.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Are you implying violence against children is acceptable in a video game because its not real?

How about those bizarre lolicon games?
    They're alright.

Yeah....I don't even know. But just reinforces my belief that mental health screening needs to be mandatory to own weapons. Just so he wont show those "cod wussies" how to be a man and play some cod with real guns.
    Again. Pressed the right button.

I make a comment on hypocrisy and now we jump all the way to "play cod in real life" retort.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    /Blammmoooo...we have a winner

- - - Updated - - -

WTF?.........
    have you never heard of implants?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Ah I see we are going with the "he must want to kill people in real life" argument. I must have pressed the right button.
    No, you made the comparison, you asked me if I fantasize about killing people...

So in essence you play a game to fantasize about killing people? Is that not what you are doing at its core?
    Like I said, your posts are just bizarre.

Again. Pressed the right button.

I make a comment on hypocrisy and now we jump all the way to "play cod in real life" retort.
    Because you can't seem to be able to tell the difference between video games and real life. Or in other words, fiction and reality.

Again, you brought up playing COD in real life in your first post...

Because you can't seem to be able to tell the difference between video games and real life. Or in other words, fiction and reality.
    Both of you keep failing to understand I am not talking about a distinction between reality and fantasy, but simply the consumer market of paying people money for shit that would otherwise offend your sensibilities.

You can dance around it all you want, that is hypocrisy.

"Guns are terrible."

"Sweet, COD 9 came out time to go frag some fuckers with my M-16"

Even funnier are people who talk about "glorification of guns" and go out and fuel a multi-billion dollar industry that is just that.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-05-02 at 03:28 PM.

Both of you keep failing to understand I am not talking about a distinction between reality and fantasy, but simply the consumer market of paying people money for shit that would otherwise offend your sensibilities.

"Guns are terrible."

you might have to draw a picture for them.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

"Guns are terrible."

You fail to understand there is nothing hypocritical about it. But the reason why you don't, is you can't seem do differentiate reality and fiction.

"Guns are terrible."

thats not hypocrisy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Why is it ok to show blood, guts, and gore on tv but not boobs?
    Values that stem from Christianity, where the body and sex is a huge taboo and something to be ashamed over.

I don't mean to slam religion. It's just that that is the reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Why is it ok to show blood, guts, and gore on tv but not boobs?
    The US has had nonstandard ethics like these for quite some time. South Park the Movie covered it flawlessly.

"Guns are terrible."

There has been studies showing a correlation between the decrease in violence and the rise in video games. It would not surprise me if gun use has followed this trend worldwide as well.

What you fail to realize is your posts have been about mentioning something like fantasizing about killing or COD, and when its referenced you have this "AHAH!" moment even though it was you that triggered yourself. Really strange stuff.