7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Really? I thought it was completely fucking stupid. "Hey Walda you just had a baby? walk with me in freezing conditions to the kennel, I swear its totally not a trap k?"

They should of had her laid up in bed or something.
    The moment I saw Ramsey carrying the baby I thought he was just about to throw him down the walls.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    The moment I saw Ramsey carrying the baby I thought he was just about to throw him down the walls.
    Would've been a less painful death.

Some copy paste directly from the book I think.
    “I looked for you on the Trident,” Ned said to them.

“We were not there,” Ser Gerold answered.

“Woe to the Usurper if we had been,” said Ser Oswell.

“When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were.”

“Far away,” Ser Gerold said, “or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.”

“I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege,” Ned told them, and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”

“Our knees do not bend easily,” said Ser Arthur Dayne.

“Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him.”

“Ser Willem is a good man and true,” said Ser Oswell.

“But not of the Kingsguard,” Ser Gerold pointed out. “The Kingsguard does not flee.”

“Then or now,” said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.

“We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Gerold.

Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.

“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

“No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I agree. Jon was such a boring character, and with the actor lying, blatantly lying to everyone, it makes him and his shit character all the more pointless. It's like Arrow, just bring people back from the dead for no fucking reason. Fine, this show is pretty much over (yeah, we all already knew he was coming back, but still). I'm just watching for murder and tits from now on. Rooting for Ramsay on the throne, with Stannis "dead", but who know who'll be battle rezzed next.
    Well for Game of Thrones' case there was a reason he needed to be resurrected and resurrection in Game of Thrones actually makes sense because there is magic and it's happened before on multiple occasions, Beric Dondarrion. The reason Jon Snow is alive is because he pretty much HAS to be. He is probably the most important character in the show and books right now because he is the world's only hope to surviving the Others. Without Jon Snow the Wildlings will not side with the Night's Watch and since no one believes that the Others even exist, the undead will just wash over the world like nothing. Jon Snow is pretty much the world's only hope for survival right now. Also if the theories are to be believed he is one of the key characters in this whole story and with him coming back those theories are sounding truer. Also he lied about his character because he had to. What did you want him to do? Spoil the whole thing for everybody?

As for Arrow, it's based off a comic series and in comics, superheroes have been resurrected like all the time for seemingly no reason, which is actually fine. So it shouldn't be that surprising to see multiple heroes being resurrected. You can't have an iconic superhero die and stay dead, people will lose their interest in the hero and eventually become almost forgotten because who's going to like a superhero that's dead?

Anyway as happy as I am to see Jon Snow back, I was surprised by how soon his resurrection came. I was thinking like at the middle of the season or at the end of it that he would come back. Also I didn't think Melisandre had the power to resurrect people either. I always thought they were going to have to call in someone else somehow. In any case I'm glad my favorite character is finally back. I hope he fucking wrecks all those fuckers that betrayed him including that little shit Olly.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-05-02 at 02:36 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

So Johnny Snow balls is Obi-Wan Kenosnow. I'm going to write a show script, multiple people die every episode, but are always there for the next episode like nothing ever happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    So Johnny Snow balls is Obi-Wan Kenosnow. I'm going to write a show script, multiple people die every episode, but are always there for the next episode like nothing ever happened.
    There are already many shows like this. (South park and many other shows)
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Jesus fuck, it was obvious as day he's coming back. And it's not the show's fault, it's how the books are. Jon's the heir to the throne, he's Azor Ahai. Of course he'd be back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    People riding Dragons is cringe as fuck - I hope they don't do unless it's entirely necessary like when Dany escape the arena.
    What do you think dragons are for?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Catelyn was brought back at the cost of Thoros' life too, if I recall correctly.
    No, Beric Dondarrion is the life that pays for Catelyn's ressurection

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    So that guy on the bridge is an actual character?

For a minute there, I was thinking that there was a lot of symbolism at play and Balon just fell off the bridge in the storm.
    Thats Euron, Balons younger brother, out of the 4 brothers, he's the bonkers one, but he's a pretty good pirate, so everyone just lets him do his thing.

He was also exiled for sleeping with his brother Victarion (probably won't be in the show, big shame since he's a major badass and the admiral of the Iron Islands largest fleet). In the books Balon "falls off the bridge" and Eurons ship sails back into port the day after, everyone kinda knows whats gone on, but are either too afraid to admit it openly, or just don't care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    No, Beric Dondarrion is the life that pays for Catelyn's ressurection
    Beric wasn't a priest of the Red God though, it was less, "i'm sacrificing my life so the red god will bring her back" and more transferring his own life force into her. Probably so he could stop living as basically a zombie at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    What do you think dragons are for?
    Eating of dwarves and humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

Beric wasn't a priest of the Red God though, it was less, "i'm sacrificing my life so the red god will bring her back" and more transferring his own life force into her. Probably so he could stop living as basically a zombie at that point.
    Read the post i quoted. I made a correction.

And as for what you say, what's the difference between sacrificing and "transferring"? He gave up his life to bring another person back. Pretty crystal clear.

15+ Year Old Account
    He was also exiled for sleeping with his brother Victarion (probably won't be in the show, big shame since he's a major badass and the admiral of the Iron Islands largest fleet). In the books Balon "falls off the bridge" and Eurons ship sails back into port the day after, everyone kinda knows whats gone on, but are either too afraid to admit it openly, or just don't care.
    Really? I always figured that there was some kind of magic involved, didn't ever feel to me like Euron personally killed him (like literally shoved him over the bridge). How could he had if it wasn't until the next day when his ship sailed back?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Really? I always figured that there was some kind of magic involved, didn't ever feel to me like Euron personally killed him (like literally shoved him over the bridge). How could he had if it wasn't until the next day when his ship sailed back?
    I figured he came in on a row boat from his ship that was nearby in the dead of night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it was magic, a faceless one killed him in the books.

Deleted
    He could either sail ahead, or his ship could wait and he could sail a smaller boat in before heading back out. Or it could be magic, or a faceless man. Pretty much everyone knows that it was Euron that killed Balon was my point, not that he did it personally, he could have done though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertigerlamp View Post
    I think the deaths of Roose Bolton and Doran Martell have effectively left the show without any intelligent, capable villains, save Littlefinger. What we're left with now are essentially ruthless idiots, like Ramsay and the Sand Snakes + Ellaria Sand. These are people who assume that by killing the people at the top no one will care, and they'll just naturally step into the power vacuum.

They have no sense, no intelligence, no charm nor wisdom nor neat things to say like a Tywin Lannister. They just do the dumbest, worst things the writers can come up with rather than actually present themselves as memorable or formidable. Essentially they're cartoon characters at this point. No depth, no real character development; just idiotic scum that remains so episode after episode. Ramsay (and previously Joffrey) are (or were) essentially the Eric Cartman of Westeros, without the humor.
    The Sand Snakes basically got entire Dorne backing them, the guards didn't help Doran because they despised him for a being a total sell-out

Ramsay has given the Bolton forces victory after victory in the north, what did Roose do? Sucked off Tywin Lannister.

Deleted
    Can’t say the ending was surprising. Pretty much expected it as soon as Davos mentioned it.

Fudge, I hate waiting for the next episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    The Sand Snakes basically got entire Dorne backing them, the guards didn't help Doran because they despised him for a being a total sell-out

Ramsay has given the Bolton forces victory after victory in the north, what did Roose do? Sucked off Tywin Lannister.
    But Ramsay just lost 6 of his 20 good men. 14 more to go and our party of adventurers can take him on

15+ Year Old Account
    He could either sail ahead, or his ship could wait and he could sail a smaller boat in before heading back out. Or it could be magic, or a faceless man. Pretty much everyone knows that it was Euron that killed Balon was my point, not that he did it personally, he could have done though.
    But it still wasn't clearly stated. Just strong implication. So I think it was handled pretty nicely in the show overall judging by the other person's comment you were answering to.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    hang on, who is the guy that shows on the bridge? i don't bloody remember him from anywhere =/
    I don't think he has been officially introduced in the TV series yet. Probably next episode.