Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What do you think of the Disney theme parks?

Fun or overpriced and overrated?

Should every kid have the right to experience a Disney theme park in their childhood?

Really fun but I think they are really crowded now. When I was younger and went with my grandparents it was awesome!

Knowing Disney, they probably stole the idea from somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Euro Disney is great...

10+ Year Old Account
    They're extremely nice and if you know when to go you can experience all the Disney stuff plus a day or two at Universal Studios as well without waiting in hour(s) long lines. Was just there in October and I think the longest wait we had was 35 minutes for Peter Pan's Flight at Magic Kingdom....because it's one of the last original rides left and everyone lines up there early.

If you do all your vacation planning through Disney you get a Magic Pass which allows you to skip the lines on three attractions per person per day. The nice thing about it is...Say you want to skip the line on The Haunted Mansion, so you register that attraction to your Pass via your smartphone in advance. However when you get to the ride you notice there is only a 5 minute wait. Since using your pass with that wait time is silly you can simply change your Fast Pass for another attraction without losing the one you previously set aside.

It's a great experience for kids...Just make sure they're old enough to remember it. Taking 3-5 year olds might seem like a good idea, but they're not going to remember their trip when they're 10.

I took my kids (3 and 6) this past March (2015) to Disney World. If I ever go back - and I would like to, I would come later in the evening. It was unbearably hot to wait for rides all morning and early afternoon. We left and went back to the hotel so they could take a nap, and then played in the pool all the rest of the day. We did however come back in the evening and the kids got to see the fireworks and the Electrical Parade, and got into all the rides we wanted without much of lines. That and it was *much* cooler.

The kids talk about it a lot still, and I think it was a great experience that they will remember for years to come. Hell, I still remember going some 26-27 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only park I really liked last time i went was animal Kingdom,
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

There are people who go to Disney Land every month, some of them have written guides with tips like "visit each ride in clockwise manner cause everyone else will be going counter clockwise."

https://www.undercovertourist.com/bl...me-disneyland/

It's a great place to take your girl.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I took my kids (3 and 6) this past March (2015) to Disney World. If I ever go back - and I would like to, I would come later in the evening. It was unbearably hot to wait for rides all morning and early afternoon. We left and went back to the hotel so they could take a nap, and then played in the pool all the rest of the day. We did however come back in the evening and the kids got to see the fireworks and the Electrical Parade, and got into all the rides we wanted without much of lines. That and it was *much* cooler.

The kids talk about it a lot still, and I think it was a great experience that they will remember for years to come. Hell, I still remember going some 26-27 years ago.
    Going to Disney world in mid September this year... Not looking forward to the heat.

Enjoyed Disneyland last and Blizzcon last year. Everything at Disneyland was awesome. Blizzcon on the other hand had some moments where I didn't like at all. The way they made everyone wait out in the heat for an hour sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Like any other theme park, fun at first but it gets boring real fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been to Disneyland a lot, never to Disneyworld. Fun place to visit, once you figure out how to maneuver around all of the idiots and their selfie-sticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

lmao I see the posters name, and then I'm like... wow, not cheerleaders. and then I see the second picture lmao

I wouldn't mind going to one with the right people, but I wouldn't go by myself or with the wrong people. Probably overpriced, but i'd have to go with people that would appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Universal is more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Euro Disney is great...

Lol what a bad idea that was...

I heard a comedian once say, "Yeah, plastic castles aren't that impressive when you have real ones nearby."

10+ Year Old Account
    Disney world of florida is amazing. I went there about 2 years ago for a full week and it was the most fun I had ever had. I wish we could have stayed longer though because we did slightly rush through each park. I have been to universal, kings island, and ceder point and disney world was much better.

Also I want to state, disneyland in Cali can fit in the parking lot of epcot at disney world.
    Last edited by Mustardisbad; 2016-05-02 at 06:10 PM.

Definitely avoid going in the summer. Not only is it crowded, but it's also really fucking hot. Just being outside for more than 5 minutes will have you saturated in sweat. I went in August one time and it was 100 degrees and high humidity every day. Was kinda miserable.

When I went in January however, things were much nicer. It would get to around 65 degrees during the day, which is perfect for a New Englander like me. Plus it was much less crowded.

I talked with employees around the place, and pretty much all of them said that November is the "dead" month for Disney, so you could try going sometime in November if you don't want to fight crowds.

I find them to be tacky, overpriced, too crowded, and overrated. rather spend $80 on a national parks season pass.

my wives family of course loves disney...ugh...each their own i guess.

Deleted
    I think the disney parks create a lot of jobs, and they're fun for kids, it's expensive but not too much.
    But I don't think every child should have the right to go to Disneyland, i mean, that's not what comes to my mind when it comes to children's rights

But, to be quite honest, I think parents would better take their kids somewhere else, there are tons of better places than Disneyland. In Europe the only disneyland park is in France, near Paris, I can't relate at all because the disneyland park is only a few kilometers away from my home but I think that if you're going abroad you'd better visit the country instead of going in parks. If I had one, i'd prefer to take my child to London than to Disneyland, for instance. You wont learn anything in Disneyland
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-05-02 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    I find them to be tacky, overpriced, too crowded, and overrated. rather spend $80 on a national parks season pass.

my wives family of course loves disney...ugh...each their own i guess.
    =

Think that's harsh, you gotta remember who they're targeted for. I took my daughter there a few times and it's magical watching their faces light up. It's like being in a fantasy world for a few days and all the areas are well designed and built.

In the UK we have 0 parks like it, the rest are bland, boring parks full of rides but no spirit. Disneyland has that little spark.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not a fan of them.