Poll: Should Blizzard ban bots and botters?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They should and they do. But its like anything its an uphill battle you stop one today a new one takes its place tomorrow. This isn't new btw which is why I'm kinda scratching my head wondering if I'm in a strange time warp or something. I also love how people call everything a bot..I've seen people in chat talk about people being bots when they were just legit players repeatedly doing the same task over and over...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    fixed that for you
    You should read more than the first sentence before making such attempts. The whole point is the second sentence wich obviously doesn't work with your "fix"

Is this really even a debate?

Yes ofc bots should be banned

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    People who ultimately don't care?
    Pretty sure you're botting when I see all your answers on this specific topic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What the actual f....? What is indeed your problem with fishing? I mean..shit on LFR, shit on buying CM gold 8/8...but leave fishing alone. Piss on First Aid if you will...

- - - Updated - - -

I think I identified you as a problem of the community. I never cheated. I never botted. So...and I take 5 infraction points for this - fuck you for being a judgemental asshole who probably took a good part in ruining said community (and that is for the " I'd much rather Blizzard ban the little shits that run around reporting people, acting like white knight" part). Jesus what is wrong with you?
    My issue with fishing is that it exists a time sink. You don't really fish while your fishing if that makes sense you just listen or watch a movie on a second monitor. Fishing has needed a rework since launch and while they played with the idea in I want to say roughly around wrath to turn it into a game similar to animal crossing they scrapped that...

I don't mind if people bot fishing because truth be told its clicking a button every 3-8s and nothing else. It is toed to the generation of raid buff food so someone somewhere has to do it. I don't like bots but in the one area of fishing I honestly believe at this point blizzard either needs to provide a re haul of fishing or to simply supply players with a fishing bot themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I never cheated. I never botted. So...and I take 5 infraction points for this - fuck you for being a judgemental asshole who probably took a good part in ruining said community (and that is for the " I'd much rather Blizzard ban the little shits that run around reporting people, acting like white knight" part). Jesus what is wrong with you?
    Cheating scum justifies their actions often enough by convincing themselves everyone else does it as well.

As someone who did quite a bit of fishing this expansion, I'm highly pissed at the suggestion that fishing botters should be left alone. The value of my fish was lowered on the AH by you, the rarity of my Crimson Water Strider was lessened by every d-bag willing to bot and take the easy way out. If you don't like it, don't do it. Maybe if Blizzard didn't have to constantly play whack-a-mole with you people resources could already have been allocated to giving fishing a face-lift.

Very few people have the time to do everything in this game. The vast majority of us have to choose which things we find most enjoyable and rewarding, then focus on doing those things and (sometimes regrettably, sometimes not) ignore the features we don't have the time, patience, or motivation for. I started out this expansion focusing on pvp. I wanted the Warlord title. I worked pretty hard to get it. Then I hit the brick wall of panda farming. Months later and less than 100 pandas in, I finally gave up on Ashran, replacing my gladiator's sanctum with a storehouse. I refocused on other aspects of the game, one of these being fishing. The rewards of three mounts, a couple of pets, Nat as a follower, and boatloads of fish for myself, friends, and to sell on the AH made it worth the grind to me.

Trying to suggest that botting is okay for fishing because the system is broken and tedious is no different than if I were to suggest it would have been okay for me to bot Ashran because it was broken (Alliance and Horde colluded for rewards and avoided actual pvp) and tedious (panda players were WAY underrepresented and mind numbing to grind). It's wrong in either case and your bots cheapen the value of all rewards earned by people who did the actual grinds, be they physical mats or the rarity of mounts/titles.

Deleted
    The bad parts that people skip with bots are what makes the good parts so good. You can't take the bad out of the equation without diluting the good.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    theres no discussion to be had here. The answer is obvious and no amount of reasoning would prove otherwise.

Cheaters. botters ect should have perm internet ban for life. to be honost all gaming companies should band together and make a universal black list of people got cought with cheating and denie multiplayer acces from all games for life!

Those gonna cry they got banned, whel dont cheat if you dont like the result when you get cought.

cheat gaming free world, that would be awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fieranda View Post
    Cheaters. botters ect should have perm internet ban for life. to be honost all gaming companies should band together and make a universal black list of people got cought with cheating and denie multiplayer acces from all games for life!

Those gonna cry they got banned, whel dont cheat if you dont like the result when you get cought.

cheat gaming free world, that would be awsome.
    Yea no

Cheaters aren't some super malicious group of people out to ruin everything for everyone else. And botters definitely aren't out to get you personally.

Should they be banned? You bet
    Should they be permanently banned and prevented from playing the game after being punished? Nah
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Pretty sure you're botting when I see all your answers on this specific topic.
    Why would I leave my profile on the bottom if I botted....you're hilarious. Ultimately I do not care what people do outside of raiding and pvp. I will still make gold and I will still level my characters.

If blizzard allowed bots, would you care?

Does your stance change based on the rules or are botters always scum?

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    It's simple, if a part of the game is not fun you failed as a game designer. If it's not fun and you force people to play it to access other parts you create the demand for skipping the shitty part yourself. It's entirely a self-created problem by game-design.

Nobody bots in games like tetris because nobody there decided you need to push a button for hours before you can play tetris. mmos created the demand themself with their model of shitty content is okay as long as we put a carrot on a stick.
    So... Combat Rotation Bots... thats basicly the same as someone using a bot to beat tetris, and it's just.. fucking sad
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    So... Combat Rotation Bots... thats basicly the same as someone using a bot to beat tetris, and it's just.. fucking sad
    To be honest those things werent even on my mind when i wrote it and i agree with your opinion. When i wrote it, i thought of the classical bots (level,farm), those rotation-bots as well as kickbots are more like the classical cheats i.e. aimbots in FPS. They are meant to cheat the competition while the old bots would just automate the steps to reach the competition.

I don't think you can remove those cheaters with design changes unlike those i had first in mind, it's easy to decrease bg-botting for example by making it unecessary to gear for arenas. You can't stop cheaters in arenas however because their goal is the glory of reaching top-ranks and the only way to remove their incentitive would be to kill the competition which makes it pointless. Anti-Cheat is the only way there.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2016-05-02 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    If blizzard allowed bots, would you care?

Does your stance change based on the rules or are botters always scum?
    I wouldn't go so far as to call all botters scum, but yes, regardless of Blizzard's stance botting is wrong. It is extremely detrimental to the WOW community. It cheapens the value of mats farmed by people putting in the actual time, and lessens the rarity of mounts/titles. Is it okay to bot the insane title because it is tedious? Is it okay to bot Ashran for Warlord title because Ashran was broken the entire expansion? Is it okay to undercut people on AH that farmed their mats honestly while your mats were farmed while you were sleeping?

Suggesting Blizzard would allow bots ever is stretching it about as far as a hypothetical can go. As long as there is money in this game for Blizz, they will curtail botting, because that protects the bottom dollar line. You might as well suggest counterfeiting is okay if the government allowed it, or academic fraud if the university allowed it. There are always victims when you allow someone to avoid putting in the honest work that others do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Yea no

Cheaters aren't some super malicious group of people out to ruin everything for everyone else. And botters definitely aren't out to get you personally.

Should they be banned? You bet
    Should they be permanently banned and prevented from playing the game after being punished? Nah
    You're not permabanned. You're welcome to buy a new copy of WoW and stop cheating. As someone whose seen first hand how botting ruined other games I think they should continue with a firm stance against it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    There was threads about discussing bots and bots bans and banwaves, but i havent seen threads with polls about bots. Would be interesting to see what % of ppl think about it.

I seen alot bots in WOTLK mostly grinding mats/quest item bots and few bg bots, but MOP and Cataclysm had probably much more bots compare to WOTLK including Random BG bots,questing bots and herbalism/mining bots.

Saying this because i seen that some ppl was defending botters saying that bots help skip bad parts of game and play best parts, i personally dislike bots because when i play random BGs i find killing players more fun than killing bots.

(Not saying that i hate them, i understand different ppl like different parts of the game, but bots was ruining Random BG experience to other players during Cata imo)

This question is not about WOD im talking about bots in WOW overall including future expansions and past expansions
    but the cheap supply of mats will go, noooooooooo!

They should lock all characters on that account to a room on a server, that spawn mobs infinitely that have no loot.

Also there cancellation process should be routed to a number to call, where they then have to deal with a confusing automated system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Also there cancellation process should be routed to a number to call, where they then have to deal with a confusing automated system.
    So Comcast customer service? Ouch.