Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Thoros resurrected Beric immediately after he died and Beric returned weaker each time.

Meli ressed Jon a while after he died and he'll return intact.

I'd say that counts as 2 or 3.
    NO.

Ramsay is such a scumbag lol

Thoros resurrected Beric immediately after he died and Beric returned weaker each time.

Meli ressed Jon a while after he died and he'll return intact.

I'd say that counts as 2 or 3.
    Well a part of me wonders if it was Melisandre that was responsible for his resurrection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Yes I know, but is it a real resurrection? Would they have come back from the dead if they had a mortal wound? Pumping someone's lungs isn't the same as what Thoros of Myr or Melisandre does..

Btw Thoros of Myr - Melisandre, 6-1
    It's a silly Ironborn tradition and isn't really magic. The bringing back someone part is done mostly, if not only, to folks who join the Drowned god priesthood. They're the ones who are really drowned and then pumped back to life.

The rest of the ironborn go through something similar to a christian baptism or whatever kinda like:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    He's just such a completely uninteresting character. It's just the, "Over-the-top bad guy who does over-the-top bad guy stuff for no reason other than being an over-the-top bad guy." archetype from bad 80s action flicks.

At this rate I'm expecting Chuck Norris to bust in and roundhouse kick him down.
    Well.. He has motives. He wants power and he's extremely concerned about self-interest. And he's obviously suffering from some form of sadomasochism disorder. I don't think character needs thousand shades of grays before he becomes a compelling one (pun intended).

He's just such a completely uninteresting character. It's just the, "Over-the-top bad guy who does over-the-top bad guy stuff for no reason other than being an over-the-top bad guy." archetype from bad 80s action flicks.

At this rate I'm expecting Chuck Norris to bust in and roundhouse kick him down.
    Well he creeped me more out in the books tho He is a very jealous power hungry character.

If you think show Ramsay is sadistic book Ramsay will haunt your dreams.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Does Euron have his eyepatch?

Does he have an eye under it?

How hard is it for an adult human to fight off oncoming dogs? Honest question here, I was imagining what I would do in a similar situation.
    Now also imagine that you are an overweight woman, who just gave birth, is holding your newly born and you are scared utterly shitless... Besides, those hounds are enourmous and are trained to kill... So to answer that question: Impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

He's got plenty of reason: He's insane and sadisitc, he's basically the Joker-with-daddy-issues.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

If you think show Ramsay is sadistic book Ramsay will haunt your dreams.
    So true lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well a part of me wonders if it was Melisandre that was responsible for his resurrection.
    I don't think there is (nor does the show want you to) any way to interpret that scene other then Meli resurrected Jon.

This is one of the more fascinating aspects of this show. Westeros has loads of different religions and gods. However, there is zero evidence that any of the Old Gods or New Gods exist. The Drowned God has never done a thing. The House of Black and White serves the Many Faced God, however it does not appear that being a faithful acolytes is the key to wearing the faces.

However, The Lord of Light does miracle after miracle after miracle. Clearly, this god is real and really acts upon the world.

Do the books ever reveal who runs the faceless men? Do they serve the realm?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Do the books ever reveal who runs the faceless men? Do they serve the realm?
    The books are pretty much at the same moment as the series. So no. If anything the books have told less than the series about them.

I'm getting a kick out of the fact that the show is finally ahead of the books and spoilers are disappearing slowly

I'm also intrigued as to what the hell happened to Hodor to make him that way. Because after Bran's vision and seeing him as Wylis (instead of Walder) and seeing that he was a reasonably bright and normal kid, despite being a big guy. What might have happened to him, or who might have done it. The only people who knew him as a boy are all dead. When Bran is talking to Hodor about his vision too, while still only replying with "Hodor..." his responses were to questions and had something behind them. Almost as if he's cursed. Has real thoughts and real feelings but can only express them in his usual manner.

I think something happened to Hodor that has to do with Lyanna's death at the hands of Aerys maybe.

Also everyone's constant comments about him having "Giants blood in him."

Also holy shit at this season. I figured Jon's resurrection would be the finale cliffhanger, but goddamn, it's already done. I can't imagine what the hell else is on the way if the "big reveal" is already finished after 2 episodes. Exciting.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next ep's title is "Oathbreaker"

I see what u did there, GoT.

1) Euron has no eyepatch and we actually see him kill Balon, when it was just inferred in the books. Don't care. What I do care about is that a dark magic performed by Mel like 2 seasons ago finally came to fruition....after her champion, Stannis, has already died. It calls into question the power of her magic, whereas it was supposed to solidify her rep as a badass witch when Joffrey, Balon, and Robb all die in rapid succession.

2) Hodor not Hodoring is weird. There's an implication that he and Nan are much older than that flashback would admit. Ned once told Bran that Nan was old when he was young, and I think he also suggested Hodor had been the same way as long as he could remember. Interested to see where that goes.

3) Roose dying is not totally unexpected, I just find this Karstark fellow just standing there accepting it to be kind of nuts.

4) The KL storyline seems somewhat stalled imo. Cersei's having the Mountain kill people who embarrassed her? She's going to turn into the same sort of whackjob Ramsay is? I do agree, the intelligent villains on this show are dissipating quite quickly in favor of the trope-y "these are the good guys, these are the bad guys." What next, Walder Frey going to do something insanely stupid next episode?

5) Still not sure about the Arya storyline. Jaqen seemed to want her to admit she was Arya, and she keeps insisting she's no one. The problem is, show-Arya truly becoming no one makes her kind of irrelevant. I imagine the show wants to keep some Stark in her. So how is this going to happen? Is she going to fool Jaqen and hold onto some Arya, and then go about randomly killing people on her list instead of whoever the Faceless Men decree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

3) Roose dying is not totally unexpected, I just find this Karstark fellow just standing there accepting it to be kind of nuts.

Wait until the Smalljon shows up to Ramsay with the "Gift"

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Wait until the Smalljon shows up to Ramsay with the "Gift"
    Yeah, I've already read that, I still think that's bizarre as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    10 episodes of Jon Snow laying dead on a table... *shudder*
    Could have been like a Weekend at Bernies thing. "He's still alive!" while they hobble him out with rope attached to their ankles.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Could have been like a Weekend at Bernies thing. "He's still alive!" while they hobble him out with rope attached to their ankles.
    The giant could have played the role of the puppeteer, with the ropes attached to his fingers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    2) Hodor not Hodoring is weird. There's an implication that he and Nan are much older than that flashback would admit. Ned once told Bran that Nan was old when he was young, and I think he also suggested Hodor had been the same way as long as he could remember. Interested to see where that goes.
    Ned remembering random stable boy is not that likely though. It wouldn't be until he started acting "Hodor" that he'd become interesting enough to remember. Although what ever accident prompted that, if public, probably would have been memorable enough.