Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here.

Great video, I've seen others from this guy, one of the best channels on youtube

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I was born in 84 and am considered a millennial.

Anyway, data shows otherwise. This is the usual barrel scraping in a weak attempt to prove a fictional point.
    No, you aren't. Anyone born after 1990 is more of a millennial than those of us born at the height of the 80's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    No, you aren't. Anyone born after 1990 is more of a millennial than those of us born at the height of the 80's.
    Thats not how generations are defined, I think.

Early 80s to late 90s/early 2000s is Gen Y.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Millenials are busy cleaning up the messes that boomers and gen X made.
    No, they just blog and hashtag about cleaning up the messes.
    Gen X will plan and execute the cleanup, the boomers will fund it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Fun fact, millennials are more educated than the former generation.
    This forum hugely contradicts this claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    This forum hugely contradicts this claim.
    An anonymous online forum and the posts in it are hardly any indicator for the level of actual education throughout a generation...
    Also: It's not a secret that on average, people are better educated nowadays, and that more and more people get college degrees.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2016-04-30 at 03:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    An anonymous online forum and the posts in it are hardly any indicator for the level of actual education throughout a generation...
    Also: It's not a secret that on average, people are better educated nowadays, and that more and more people get college degrees.
    Actually, the anonymity makes it a fantastic indicator, as it gives people the opportunity to say precisely what they're thinking instead of modifying their statements and opinions to please others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Thats not how generations are defined, I think.

Early 80s to late 90s/early 2000s is Gen Y.
    Gen Y are those who grew up without proper internet or cell phones. So depending on your country, that makes Gen Y those born in the 80s to early 90s with millenials coming afterwards.

Using a single term to box in and describe an entire age group and their actions is pure idiocy, and people who actually believe in such things are often looking for scapegoats.

Deleted
    Millenials are the new Generation X, appearantly the current bad apple of society

Yadayadayada

So far all I'm getting from this thread is that no one knows for sure who belongs to the millennial group.

Actually, the anonymity makes it a fantastic indicator, as it gives people the opportunity to say precisely what they're thinking instead of modifying their statements and opinions to please others.
    Forum posts do not account for all the people that looked at a topic and wanted nothing to do with it.

Everyone who thought "Oh look, that poster has turned up in this thread. The best thing to do now is not to post."

Deleted
    As if people with a high education are always smart irl. We have seen countless of occasions in Sweden where people who are highly educated make completely retarded statements. Like, we had a party leader, who has studied law at uni, go out in TV and go "It's illegal to be a criminal in Sweden".

Having a high education doesn't really mean much, except you can boast about it. You can still be pretty fucking stupid despite having a higher education. They might know a lot about the area they are educated in, but that's about it.

You actually learn more by randomly browsing internet than going to school in many cases, since school is so narrow in what you learn. Sure, it's good for doctors and such, but they get education in that specific area, outside that area they don't really get much education.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-05-02 at 06:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    You actually learn more by randomly browsing internet than going to school in many cases, since school is so narrow in what you learn. Sure, it's good for doctors and such, but they get education in that specific area, outside that area they don't really get much education.
    MMO-Champion.com should start offering post-secondary degrees in forum browsing

"I have a Masters in General Off-Topic, and a PhD in Priestology." will become an acceptable comment during a job interview - the future is crazy!

The interview will look down at their internal dossier on you and notice your Reddit Karma Score is 740, then nod approvingly.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2016-05-02 at 06:47 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

"I have a Masters in General Off-Topic, and a PhD in Priestology." will become an acceptable comment during a job interview - the future is crazy!
    I majored in shit posting, and a minor in armchair politicing.

Maybe in the far future people may get some small amount of credit for being a GM, officer, or forum moderator. I don't think we're anywhere near there yet though outside of jobs already in the games industry.

Deleted

No, but if you're browsing about on pages like, wikipedia, you actually learn a lot about stuff you didn't know. Or just google. I've learnt more about WW2 than we did in school, through internet, because the stuff covered in school was pretty one-sided. Same with a great deal of other topics which weren't even touched upon in school or were pretty one-sided.

And it's pretty one-sided at university too, in some aspects. People aren't open to actually discussing a lot of things, they just want to ride some kind of consensus wave where everyone agrees and not accept any disagreement.

Sure makes it ideal for actually learning stuff when people behave in that manner. /s
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-05-02 at 06:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Maybe in the far future people may get some small amount of credit for being a GM, officer, or forum moderator. I don't think we're anywhere near there yet though outside of jobs already in the games industry.
    I brought it up in an interview once when I was interested in becoming a Community Manager for Relic Entertainment (Dawn of War, etc), even there I'm not sure how well it went over.

That said, I completely agree that all those roles develop great soft skills, that apply to business just as much as they apply to guild management or forum facilitation. There is no experience better or more available in identifying the value of good conflict resolution skills, than a guild drama collapse.

Even if everything about it goes wrong, everyone who feels responsible for holding it together (officers, etc) - put a lot of thought, brainstorming, and reflection on how things could have gone better (because it destroys something they cared about creating).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter