Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Wait, that was the bait!!!??? Oh my god, please get a tag change of master baiter if that's all it takes to get this accusation of baiting someone into a conversation to which they reply with swear words and harassment.
    He didn't. His opening to me was to Stop it and leave the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    You think collecting pets is minority gameplay?

You think LFR and normal are being played by a minority?

No, i say that LFR is being played by 70-80% of the playerbase and literally justifies blizzards large effort in creating raids.

Not at all. As you still have to prove that even a notable minority would be interested in legacy realms.
    Bold for extra emphasis.

Deleted
    Wait, that was the bait!!!??? Oh my god, please get a tag change of master baiter if that's all it takes to get this accusation of baiting someone into a conversation to which they reply with swear words and harassment.
    Sorry, i will bait less in the future. Promised

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Bold for extra emphasis.
    I have statistic which show it does. Do i really have to relink them? Also, this thread is not about LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rym, you're being intellectually dishonest. The active population alone from that server is like what 15% of the entire North American userbase in size? Actually if we go by WoW Realms statistics it's closer to 20%. You might as well pack it up and go continue your LFR tier crusade in one of those threads.

Also, link the stats of people who are doing LFR because they generally enjoy it and not because it's mindless Valor, queue-short goodie bags, etc.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Sorry, i will bait less in the future. Promised

- - - Updated - - -

I have statistic which show it does. Do i really have to relink them?
    Extra emphasis added again.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Careful there with complaining about what may or may not be impacting development. You're gonna open up a whole can of worms I don't think you meant to unleash.

I don't give a shit about pet battles yet they continue developing for them which is impacting development on things I actually care about. I don't care about any difficulty below heroic, yet development continues for tuning LFR and normal. That is impacting development on feautures and difficulty levels I care about.

When people complain incessantly about LFR and its removal what is the first thing you typically say rym? "If you don't like it, don't do it. Lfr has no impact on your mythic raiding." Isn't that right?

Yet here we have a scenario where people want a feature added: legacy realms and you are adamantly against it whem it has no impact on your casual live experience. Hypocrite much??
    While I agree that these things do have an impact on development, these are things that Blizzard does in an effort to broaden the current evolution of the game and bring an appeal to new gamers and things to do outside of what they normally do in the game.
    Impacting development of one thing is a little easier to swallow when it is being impacted by development of something else in the current game in an attempt for new aspects to be included, as opposed to impacting development of the current game to move backwards and develop a Legacy server that has a definite stop and appeals to a potentially small demographic.

While I agree that these things do have an impact on development, these are things that Blizzard does in an effort to broaden the current evolution of the game and bring an appeal to new gamers and things to do outside of what they normally do in the game.
    Impacting development of one thing is a little easier to swallow when it is being impacted by development of something else in the current game in an attempt for new aspects to be included, as opposed to impacting development of the current game to move backwards and develop a Legacy server that has a definite stop and appeals to a potentially small demographic.
    The current game will continue.

Deleted
    Extra emphasis added again.
    They even had been published and are based on blizzards very own armory.

Hint: Our kind host published them.

They even had been published and are based on blizzards very own armory.

Hint: Our kind host published them.
    If we are going to use this as a reference, MMO-C did a rip from the armory that only showed 2million active players.

Deleted
    If we are going to use this as a reference, MMO-C did a rip from the armory that only showed 2million active players.
    They dont need to rip them. They are publicially available from blizzards armory api.

https://dev.battle.net/

So you are claiming a fabricated number of 5million is representation that 5million people DO NOT want a Legacy server?
    I will not and have never claimed that to be true, and would appreciate it if you stopped trying to spin what I said into something that supports your mentality.
    Just to be clear here: 5.5 million (the last reported number of subs, which is always in my posts about this number) is not a fabrication as you are trying to claim. Also, when speaking of said numbers, you have constantly argued that 250k compared to the last reported number of 5.5 million is not a minority, then when proven wrong you moved onto you are not a vocal minority, and when THAT was proven wrong (1 million highest accounts on Nost vs 250k+ being "vocal" signing a petition) you moved on to majority/minority doesn't matter. That brings us to now, where you are desperately clinging to straws to make any arguement you have genuine and horrible attempts to try and twist words around (which just in case you haven't noticed, is much harder to do over text opposed to speaking in person).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I played and raided at a high level from vanilla to the end of MoP, and the only thing that would bring me back would be a legacy server, or better, if they DRASTICALLY changed the retail to make it feel more like the game did back in vanilla/tbc, because imo, the game only got worse and worse after TBC (dummied it down too much and killed the community with tons of shitty features).
    Some (of many) changes that i would like to see in the retail ->

• Remove cross-realm and merge most of the low pop realms together (cross-realm killed server community).
    • Remove Garrisons.
    • Remove raid and maybe dungeon finder, another option would be to keep lfr but make the loot blue, this way casuals get to see the raid content but it doesn't ruin the rarity and feeling of getting an epic item.
    • Made gearing, dungeons, professions, earning gold and quests/leveling as "hard" as it was in TBC (vanilla leveling, gearing etc was too slow).
    • Went back to the vanilla/TBC talent system but kept dual spec and maybe glyphs.
    • Remove flying mounts (they pretty much killed world PvP) and remove alot of the portals, if you want to travel somewhere it should force you to get out in the world, not stand in a capital and press a portal.
    • Remove reforge and transmog, it took away alot of the feeling of getting new gear, i also hate not being able to see who has good/bad gear.
    • Drastically lowered the dps, healing and stat numbers, TBC numbers were good.
    • Implemented raid attunements again, maybe not as long/hard as they were in vanilla, but something.
    • Keep 20 (or 25) man raids but go back to only having one or two raid difficulties, bosses should drop less loot as well (2-3 items).
    • Add more content (like TBC) and let each expansion last longer.
    very few of these are things that the majority of people actually want... remove transmog? nah...
    the number tuning isnt nearly as big of an issue as people are making it onto
    i agree on the removal of LFR, but LFG could stay if the character has at least walked to the dungeon once (could be account wide, who cares)
    garrisons will be irrelevant come legion, so wish granted
    TBC and vanilla grinds weren't fun for a majority of people. some grinding is fun, but too much grinding is boring and monotonous

i'd go on, but i really don't want to... but many of your ideas would only succeed in driving more people away from the game
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    very few of these are things that the majority of people actually want... remove transmog? nah...
    the number tuning isnt nearly as big of an issue as people are making it onto
    i agree on the removal of LFR, but LFG could stay if the character has at least walked to the dungeon once (could be account wide, who cares)
    garrisons will be irrelevant come legion, so wish granted
    TBC and vanilla grinds weren't fun for a majority of people. some grinding is fun, but too much grinding is boring and monotonous

i'd go on, but i really don't want to... but many of your ideas would only succeed in driving more people away from the game
    The genie is out of the bottle, really. Too many people of the already dipping population are too used to said features and it would likely result in about half of them quitting. Legacy is a better idea than Pristine. People can have their Animal Cros..Current WoW and people who actually want to play a Blizzard MMO would have that to play.

7+ Year Old Account
    lol, the thread is falling to chaos.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    It seems like my post was magically deleted. Or I cocked up.

Despite all the hate between factions there are some thing we can agree on.

If we assume that WoW has reached saturation point and numbers are declining heavily then those leaving can be broadly placed in to two categories.

1)Those who have left because they are bored on WoW, regardless of the direction it is heading in from a developmental point of view.

2)Those who feel changes to the game have been detrimental to their experience, to the extent they no longer want to play what is being offered.

The argument I seem to see the most is people don't like the idea that current WoW would lose developmental resources to another iteration. This to me seems a weak argument. Even in the current game development will go towards things you don't like (for me, twitter integration, pet battles and voice chat - if that's still even there). Just because you don't like something does not give you the right to deny it to others when it has no negative impact on your gaming experience.

I don't think it would be outside of the financial realms for Blizzard to create Legacy servers. My suspicions are the reason Blizzard are reluctant to release Legacy servers are due to Ego. It must be very hard for developers to accept people prefer an original vision with all its flaws well known compared to what is being produced now for a meaningful number of players.

At present their attitude seems to be if we don't like how they envision the game then we are welcome to become consumers of other MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    lol, the thread is falling to chaos.
    Falling? It's been a shitstorm in a toilet bowl since it started. Were it not for the fact this thread only exists at this point to contain the umpteen threads per day that would spawn about legacy/pristine/Nost servers, it would've been closed forever ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Falling? It's been a shitstorm in a toilet bowl since it started. Were it not for the fact this thread only exists at this point to contain the umpteen threads per day that would spawn about legacy/pristine/Nost servers, it would've been closed forever ago.
    well, i wasn't here at the start

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Hope their servers stay dead just to pee off the whiny little leeches that can't move on
    Sounds like someone got dumped over a vanilla server. That's the level of bitterness I am sensing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    The genie is out of the bottle, really. Too many people of the already dipping population are too used to said features and it would likely result in about half of them quitting. Legacy is a better idea than Pristine. People can have their Animal Cros..Current WoW and people who actually want to play a Blizzard MMO would have that to play.
    it's more that some of the new features are actually good, and not everyone is tripping over their rose tinted glasses as hard as some people.

what denotes an MMO is its community, and legion is doing many things to bring that back. if you dont like it then dont play, it wont affect my good time
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    it's more that some of the new features are actually good, and not everyone is tripping over their rose tinted glasses as hard as some people.

what denotes an MMO is its community, and legion is doing many things to bring that back. if you dont like it then dont play, it wont affect my good time
    At this point the game might as well be a lobby game. You sit and wait for shit in town not doing anything until your queue pops. The current community is far more toxic than it ever was in BC and Vanilla. There's no dependency required in order to progress. You can see everything without even talking to anybody these days. If I had my way you wouldn't be able to get to max level without socializing. This is why legacy is a better option than Pristine. People wont compromise and they refuse to take in the opinions of others. I currently play retail, but if they had a Legacy realm I'd hop right over to get that real community back.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    well, i wasn't here at the start
    Quick glimpse of the first page (when thread was more or less simply titled "Blizzard moves to shut down Nostalrius") and it's quick to show. No way would I ask you to read this entire thread, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Odd. More I read of Legion, the less inclined I am to play. Not because I want the game to go all legacy mode on us (I don't).