Deleted

I'm confused, wasn't overwatch going to be $40?

I can only see $60, £45 versions on battlenet.

Here have to get just the Overwatch edition on the left AND it's only available for pc

Deleted
    ahhhh i see the price changed at the bottom, my bad.

I don't understand why the PC version is the only version you can get for $40 currently.

Well I guess I'll have to wait til release day to buy the ps4 version. Pretty stupid and pointless but whatever blizzard.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    I can only see $60, £45 versions on battlenet.
    I prepurchased the 39.99euro one but Blizzard really tried to get me buy 59,99 one :P My bf got confused first and thought the 59,99 was the cheapest one as well. But it didn't work for neither of us :P I can imagine though that enough people buy the 59,99 one because they didn't know it existed a cheaper version since it's not obvious if you didn't know it before.

I thought Blizzard was pretty good with their marketing, making sure that people knew that the PC had two different versions of the game, one being US$40 and the other US$60. I didn't pay attention on the website though, it was always my intention to buy the Origins edition.
    Last edited by Drakpower; 2016-04-28 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Grammer and stuff

Kind of wish if you buy it for PC you could pick it up on xbox/PS for 20.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, they should really make it easier to own on multiple platforms.

Deleted
    Seems like a lot of players don't know about it, when looking at reddit. Lots of people thought 59,99 was the cheapest version (or even only version).
    Strange strategy, but Blizzard is a lot about greed and it seems to be working. I'm happy I found out in time, not liking any of the skins and not playing any other Blizzard game atm it would just have been 20euro waste.

Its more on console because you should be playing on PC. So buy a PC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotles View Post
    Its more on console because you should be playing on PC. So buy a PC.
    Don't console and PC cost the same in the US?
    I really don't understand why console games are more expensive in Europe. I thought US was console country and hence the console games where more expensive there.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-04-29 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Don't console and PC cost the same in the US?
    no. console forces you into the one with the skins for $60. you can get base version on PC for $40. whoever is/was confused just didnt know wtf they were doing and did zero research before making the purchase. i havent even pre purchased the game and know there are two different versions on PC and one on console. it was stated numerous times in all the hype presentations and information put out about the game.

your confusion != blizzard greed
    they are a company and as a company they are supposed to make money. you should not get a discount for owning it on multiple platforms, the development cost and production time of the game doesnt change based on how many platforms you play it on.

didnt feel like creating a new thread..

we have started to send out the beta keys to those who pre purchased the game...

once entered, you will be able to launch overwatch from the launcher, but wont be able to access the beta until may 3rd

have fun

Added my early access key from my retailer about a month ago , can confirm OW install button showed up 5 mins ago after a Bnet client update

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    no. console forces you into the one with the skins for $60. you can get base version on PC for $40. whoever is/was confused just didnt know wtf they were doing and did zero research before making the purchase. i havent even pre purchased the game and know there are two different versions on PC and one on console. it was stated numerous times in all the hype presentations and information put out about the game.

your confusion != blizzard greed
    they are a company and as a company they are supposed to make money. you should not get a discount for owning it on multiple platforms, the development cost and production time of the game doesnt change based on how many platforms you play it on.
    But the 60$ is the origin edition for PC and console, which are identical.

It's just that the normal edition is only available for PC then?!

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    But the 60$ is the origin edition for PC and console, which are identical.

It's just that the normal edition is only available for PC then?!
    yes. there is no $40 version on console. its ONLY the origins for $60 with the skins and w/e other bonus crap

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    yes. there is no $40 version on console. its ONLY the origins for $60 with the skins and w/e other bonus crap
    There will probably be a 40 version after release. Either way the game skins or not is not worth $60
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There will probably be a 40 version after release. Either way the game skins or not is not worth $60
    the game is worth whatever someone will pay for it. just because you wont, doesnt mean everyone else wont. value is relative.

and im pretty sure there have been TONS of pre orders at 40 and 60 and on release day, im sure even more will sell....

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Opinions differ, some people already find the new COD limited edition worth 80 bucks cause it has a remastered Modern Warfare added to it.
    If there was a 40 version available for consoles it would have been now, they're not gonna do the QQ storm of offering only Origin Editions and then 1 week after launch a 40 bucks version like PC gets.

I think its worth 60 bucks and that's based on what I get and on what I played during a quick beta weekend peek.