10+ Year Old Account
    Well with dual specing not be a thing will I be able to get a refund?
    I think a few of my chars have dual specing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Realistically it should be free, but the idea of being able to switch your spec on the fly is pretty good progress when it comes down to handling multiple specs and is something that this game should have already had. I don't think it's going to be 100g though, Blizzard already said that it was probably going to change before the expansion comes out.
    There's no reason for it to have a cost. It doesn't benefit anyone and punishes new players for wanting to try out different specs. If they want a cost I could see them going with a time limit (probably between 5-60 minutes) to prevent abuse, but pures would probably complain about not being able to switch to the ideal spec for a fight. Although I still think artifacts will act as that barrier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Are any of the Legion invasion in Cata zones? Could someone point me to a list of them please?
    Every zone on Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms is now cata since the revamp. As for the 80-85 zones, probably. I've only seen pictures of invasions in two or three low level zones (like wetlands) so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Well with dual specing not be a thing will I be able to get a refund?
    I think a few of my chars have dual specing.
    refund? dual speccing hasn't been 1000g since it was added mid wotlk and was 10g by the time cata came out (100g in 4.0.1).

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    >Complains about 100g for switching spec
    >switching spec in Vanilla is not a problem...
    Most classes didn't have multiple viable specs then anyway. Not that it was any better that way.

yep, straw people are pretty easy to argue against.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    As a druid in my guild that I regularly have to swap between all 4 specs due to missing players or fights catering to different things, I absolutely adore having all 4 available, and will gladly pay for it.
    Sure, and you should be given that option without the rest of us losing something weve had for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Sure, and you should be given that option without the rest of us losing something weve had for many years.
    You're not losing anything beyond some gold, and it's a pitiful amount of gold at that. You still have access to quickly changing your spec to a second spec at any given time.Unless you respec to your sidespec more than 3 times a day, it won't have any real impact.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I dont really see the issue with that, one doesnt contradict the other.
    Yes it does, you can't complain about a system where you can spec on the fly for a relatively small cost compared to the gold given to you, then be okay with a less convienient and more expensive system...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Yes it does, you can't complain about a system where you can spec on the fly for a relatively small cost compared to the gold given to you, then be okay with a less convienient and more expensive system...
    *post edited cause I be dumb*

you can't complain about a system where you can spec on the fly for a relatively small cost compared to the gold given to you, then be okay with a less convienient and more expensive system...
    Why not making something trivial is a valid complaint. I think specs should have a meaning, and if I was in charge you'd only be allowed 1 dps spec and one either tank or healer spec on a character for free, and any more would be complex and costly options.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Why not making something trivial is a valid complaint. I think specs should have a meaning, and if I was in charge you'd only be allowed 1 dps spec and one either tank or healer spec on a character for free, and any more would be complex and costly options.
    Anyone had access to all specs already, it was just annoying to do, not at all difficult or meaningful. What's meaningful is your ability to play the spec properly.

In what way is it less convenient? Do you mean the way where you can still swap your spec anywhere in the world? Or where the talent swapping is now free? Or where you get a whole new layout of hotkeys per spec rather than only per slot meaning every spec can have it's own unique layout without any extra work?

That kind of less convenient?
    I was talking about how the old vanilla system was less convenient...

I was talking about how the old vanilla system was less convenient...
    Woops! My apologies, editing the post.

You're not losing anything beyond some gold, and it's a pitiful amount of gold at that. You still have access to quickly changing your spec to a second spec at any given time.Unless you respec to your sidespec more than 3 times a day, it won't have any real impact.
    Ive lost the ability to freely switch between two specs, so yes I am losing something. And again, saying that the amount is "pitiful" and that it "doesnt have any impact" is not justification for having the cost there, it just further proves that it just makes no sense to have it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Ive lost the ability to freely switch between two specs, so yes I am losing something. And again, saying that the amount is "pitiful" and that it "doesnt have any impact" is not justification for having the cost there, it just further proves that it just makes no sense to have it at all.
    If you actually consider them putting a small gold cost on the same exact function you've had before as 'losing something', there's no further discussion to be had. Free services changing to have a fee on them does not remove the service unless it's something you can no longer afford.

As a druid in my guild that I regularly have to swap between all 4 specs due to missing players or fights catering to different things, I absolutely adore having all 4 available, and will gladly pay for it.
    This. As a paladin I love being able to swap to prot whenever it's needed wherever it's needed.

You guys in here are literally complaining over 100g. How can you complain about that after the gold mine we call garrisons? Even without garrisons, it takes maybe 20 minutes or less from quests/dailies to make 100g, I honestly feel like people are complaining just for the sake of complaining now. Having it cost gold means nothing, especially when it's such a small amount that can be made in 10-20 minutes worth of quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    This. As a paladin I love being able to swap to prot whenever it's needed wherever it's needed.

You guys in here are literally complaining over 100g. How can you complain about that after the gold mine we call garrisons? Even without garrisons, it takes maybe 20 minutes or less from quests/dailies to make 100g, I honestly feel like people are complaining just for the sake of complaining now. Having it cost gold means nothing, especially when it's such a small amount that can be made in 10-20 minutes worth of quests.
    It's not even 100g, it's 16 on the first one and then it builds up, so unless you're rapid fire swapping, it'l be less than a drop in the bucket.

It's not even 100g, it's 16 on the first one and then it builds up, so unless you're rapid fire swapping, it'l be less than a drop in the bucket.
    True! Forgot about that. People are complaining over 16g. That's not even pocket change, that's lint. It's nothing. 16g takes 5 minutes to obtain, or 1 quest. Nobody is going to be rapid fire swapping, at least not enough to reach 100g. Unless you lose 1 tank/1 healer per fight than it's needless to swap like that, at least for a dps. If your guild is missing a tank or healer for the raid that night then pay 16g and switch.

If you're going to complain about 16-100g, I don't know how you even turn on your computer because making that much gold in WoW is easier than that.

And cost will drop over time again as well.

If you actually consider them putting a small gold cost on the same exact function you've had before as 'losing something', there's no further discussion to be had. Free services changing to have a fee on them does not remove the service unless it's something you can no longer afford.
    Thats fine since I dont think there is even much of a discussion anyway when your defense of this amounts to some weird semantics and "its not impactful".

It is 2 different time periods, It is like comparing super mario nes with super mario bros u.

aside from that Switching specs is basically something that would just be a qol to be free, instead of having a cost, the cost is unnecessary and basically nonsensical at this time, since you dont PAY anyone, the npc doesnt get it. It is basically like if you were to burn the gold or melt them away in the thin air, and then "herp derp i now know how to cast shadow magic"