Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Are you serious or are you baiting?
    Because Pew Research, an independent group, did an unbiased enquete to see how Crimeans feel about their situation a year or so after the annexation by Russia.
    You're talking about the referendum. None of us is talking about it.
    Yeah, I looked into Pew Research. A non-profit, private "consulting" company that does not reveal at all how they come to their poll results. And this is just polls, it's hardly worth calling them studies.

You should probably cite another source.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Obama's one fault is he's not keeping Russia & Putin under control. First they shoot down MH17, then ukraine now they are pulling this shit.

world police my ass.
    Obama has been rushing to the exit for the past 14 months.

It comes down to this: Obama wanted to redesign the international system and move the US out of the central role. He found that first, impossible and undesirable, and then he found events happen which explicitly negated, almost point by point, his entire foreign vision. Rather than reverse course, he's been laying the ground work for the next President to take a more aggressive approach, but has himself been stalling and rushing for the exit.

I mean nearly all MMO-Champ OT's foreign policy discussions regarding Obama are bipolar. On one side his present day policy is usually either tepid or utterly damnable. On the other side, his medium and long term plans that he's laying the groundwork for are completely perfect, but won't see the payoff until the next President.

This disconnect is probably driven by the fact that Barack Obama himself is a terrible manager and tries to keep everybody on his staff happy. So he lets the true believers like Susan Rice and the White House team run near term policy and let's the longer term policy be the responsibility of cabinet offices whose budgets are built by congress. The result is a bipolar policy.

We have just 200 days of his reign of error left.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2016-05-01 at 01:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Obama has been rushing to the exit for the past 14 months.

It comes down to this: Obama wanted to redesign the international system and move the US out of the central role. He found that first, impossible and undesirable, and then he found events happen which explicitly negated, almost point by point, his entire foreign vision. Rather than reverse course, he's been laying the ground work for the next President to take a more aggressive approach, but has himself been stalling and rushing for the exit.

I mean nearly all MMO-Champ OT's foreign policy discussions regarding Obama are bipolar. One one side his present day policy is utterly damnable. On the other side, his medium and long term plans that he's laying the groundwork for are completely perfect.

This disconnect is probably driven by the fact that Barack Obama himself is a terrible manager and tries to keep everybody happy. So he lets the true believers like Susan Rice and the White House team run near term policy and let's the longer term policy be the responsibility of cabinet offices whose budgets are built by congress.

We have just 200 days of his reign of error left.
    Trump will make it better, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Trump will make it better, haha.
    No. Hillary will. Fuck Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    No. Hillary will. Fuck Trump.
    she'll kill all the military not just 4 people this time. fuck that piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Only another 196 or so days before Obama is out of office thank god. 4711 hours, tomorrow it will be in the 4600's. Tick-Tock Tick-Tock.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...+OUT+OF+OFFICE
    191 days now or 4588 hours.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...+OUT+OF+OFFICE

Obama was the best thing that happened to the US for quite a while now and i am not joking one bit.

As for Hilary..

Guy deserves a medal for his show of skill.
    Will you give medal to any jackass doing risky, provocative maneuvers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Are you serious or are you baiting?
    Because Pew Research, an independent group, did an unbiased enquete to see how Crimeans feel about their situation a year or so after the annexation by Russia.
    You're talking about the referendum. None of us is talking about it.
    I don't mean to be a dick: a year or so after; all the people who didn't want to be part of russia left and a lot of russians moved in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Will you give medal to any jackass doing risky, provocative maneuvers?
    Russians will give medals for anything seeing how their Generals look in uniform.....

Not sure if this was mentioned but apparently Russia harassed a second US spy plane.

2nd Russian Fighter Jet Flies Barrel Roll Over US Spy Plane

The Pentagon called the first barrel roll "unsafe and unprofessional."
    what did they call the second roll lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kangodo, look. If you conduct a survey in North Korea asking people whether they are happy with their lives, 100% will say "Yes". The vast majority of them will be sincere while saying that, not just saying it out of fear for their lives. Why? Because of the governmental propaganda, because of the way their society functions, because of the quality of information they are receiving, etc. etc. etc. Let one, any, common North Korean citizen live, say, in the US for a year - they will learn to absolutely hate North Korea. Again, why? Because they will understand that what they had, what they thought was happiness, actually was not such, it was just acceptance of the situation due to not having an alternative. Let any common Russian citizen live in the US for a year - they won't want to go back.

You may like or not like the US political system. That it is flawed is an understatement (same goes for every political system on this planet). But to seriously claim that Russians live like they do because they like it that way and not because they don't know how to make it better... Seriously, mate, book a trip to the top Russian city in terms of quality of life, Moscow. Walk on the streets, look at the facial expressions. Is this what people satisfied with life look like? Hell no, these people are suffering. But they still praise Putin and bash the US, the country to which almost all of them would move instantly, if they were able to. Why? Rhetorical question.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Kangodo, look. If you conduct a survey in North Korea asking people whether they are happy with their lives, 100% will say "Yes".
    Especially if you let all the people who would vote "No" leave for an entire year before the poll and move a bunch of people who would say "Yes" in over that same period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned but apparently Russia harassed a second US spy plane.

2nd Russian Fighter Jet Flies Barrel Roll Over US Spy Plane

what did they call the second roll lol?
    What does the Star Fox say?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    What does the Star Fox say?
    I'll do my best! Andross won't have his way with me...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Especially if you let all the people who would vote "No" leave for an entire year before the poll and move a bunch of people who would say "Yes" in over that same period.
    No one has done that, it's not the Stalin era anymore.

No one has done that, it's not the Stalin era anymore.
    If you don't think russians weren't brought in for construction+soldiers didn't vote, and ukranians who wanted to remain urkranins didn't move out, I don't know what to think about your critical thinking skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't think russians weren't brought in for construction+soldiers didn't vote, and ukranians who wanted to remain urkranins didn't move out, I don't know what to think about your critical thinking skills.
    Crimea and most of the areas that voted for The Party of Regions in the last real election are very pro-Russia. Ukraine might as well be two distinct countries with East and West because they have different values, language, etc. These are basically Russians living outside of Russia.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Crimea and most of the areas that voted for The Party of Regions in the last real election are very pro-Russia. Ukraine might as well be two distinct countries with East and West because they have different values, language, etc. These are basically Russians living outside of Russia.
    Yes, it's more pro russian than the rest of ukraine. That doesn't mean a poll taken a year after russia took control is an accurate representation of the populace's opinion before the annexation took place. And it's stupid to assert that it is.

Yes, it's more pro russian than the rest of ukraine. That doesn't mean a poll taken a year after russia took control is an accurate representation of the populace's opinion before the annexation took place. And it's stupid to assert that it is.
    Everyone and the rocks knew that Crimea would vote to go back to Russia in case of a referendum. There was NO CHANCE that Ukraine would allow such a referendum to take place.