10+ Year Old Account
    Can anybody shed some light on who the two groups of fighters are at the end of the Episode 3 sneak peek?
    One party says "And so it begins" and the other says "now it ends".
    Last edited by Pipboi; 2016-05-02 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Mankrik View Post
    This show has not been unpredictable for a long, long time. There's definitely some characters with plot armor, and for now Tyrion is one of them. Arya and Brann as well. I'd maybe throw Cersei in there too, but I think Cersei may have her death around the corner still. It just wont be a random out of the blue thing.
    I find what happens very unpredictable.

I really didnt see the murdering of trystane and his dad coming. I think that lessens the show because i personally dont like(not as in she is evil ,but as in the acting and looks) of the lovegirlssandsnakemother. She is annoying to me and i liked the passivekinginawheelchair vs sandsnakeswantrevenge thing they had going on. Now its just plain war of Lannisters vs Dorne

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Can anybody shed some light on who the two groups of fighters are at the end of the Episode 3 sneak peek?
    Ned and his best men VS Kingsguard in charge of protecting Ned's sister in the Tower of Joy. One of the most hype moments in the entire series, and the events that follow it are behind the most popular of fan-theories. Other than the Cleganebowl of course

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Ned remembering random stable boy is not that likely though. It wouldn't be until he started acting "Hodor" that he'd become interesting enough to remember. Although what ever accident prompted that, if public, probably would have been memorable enough.
    Why wouldn't be remember the huge kid with gaints' blood that he grew up with? Shit, everybody probably remembers seeing Hodor, even if just for a moment. I still remember random shit like a massive dude I saw on the buss one day years ago. When people stand out, you remember 'em... especially if you grow up with them.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Why wouldn't he remember the huge kid with gaints' blood that he grew up with? Shit, everybody probably remembers seeing Hodor, even if just for a moment. I still remember random shit like a massive dude I saw on the buss one day years ago. When people stand out, you remember 'em... especially if you grow up with them.
    I don't know. So are you suggesting that he lied to preserve the fact that it was his fault that he lost his mind / ability to speak? Because that could totally work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's Ned and his Zerglings versus three Zealots.
    Eh, I think Ned's boys deserve a little more credit than 'lings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    One party says "And so it begins" and the other says "now it ends".
    Its this scene from the books.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Some copy paste directly from the book I think.
    “I looked for you on the Trident,” Ned said to them.

“We were not there,” Ser Gerold answered.

“Woe to the Usurper if we had been,” said Ser Oswell.

“When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were.”

“Far away,” Ser Gerold said, “or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.”

“I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege,” Ned told them, and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”

“Our knees do not bend easily,” said Ser Arthur Dayne.

“Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him.”

“Ser Willem is a good man and true,” said Ser Oswell.

“But not of the Kingsguard,” Ser Gerold pointed out. “The Kingsguard does not flee.”

“Then or now,” said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.

“We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Gerold.

Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.

“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

“No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”
    One of the most badass moments in the series, really hope they do it justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You do realise that's literally how the 7 Kingdoms were conquered?

Targaryens have ridden dragons into war for hundreds of years.
    Just because it works in a book doesn't mean it will on a TV show, especially with crappy CGI making the whole thing look laughable. I'd rather have Dany commanding an army on the ground while her Dragons blitz her enemies from the sky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Its this scene from the books.

One of the most badass moments in the series, really hope they do it justice.
    Thanks for the explanation! You and everybody else who replied. I read up on fan predictions a while back and this is by far the most exciting point in the series thus far, at least in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Just because it works in a book doesn't mean it will on a TV show, especially with crappy CGI making the whole thing look laughable. I'd rather have Dany commanding an army on the ground while her Dragons blitz her enemies from the sky.
    Whats with all the hate against CGI these days. I find it quite good looking and not at all laughable

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Whats with all the hate against CGI these days. I find it quite good looking and not at all laughable
    Because GoT's CGI is very noticeable, often times detracts from the experience because it is, and usually looks like it belonged in a B-movie from the late 90's or early 2000's. For a series whose lack of constant magic is supposed to make the magical moments even more so, it comes off as a special effects failure (see Dany riding the dragons - my God it's horrendous).

I really didnt see the murdering of trystane and his dad coming. I think that lessens the show because i personally dont like(not as in she is evil ,but as in the acting and looks) of the lovegirlssandsnakemother. She is annoying to me and i liked the passivekinginawheelchair vs sandsnakeswantrevenge thing they had going on. Now its just plain war of Lannisters vs Dorne
    It's unpredictable - IE, I didn't expect Doran, Trystane, and Roose to die within 2 episodes - but it's unpredictable because it comes totally out of left field and doesn't make much sense.

Contrast that with earlier unpredictable deaths: Robb and the Red Wedding, Joffrey, Tywin/Shae - the clues were all there, the perpetrators of their deaths all developed, the emphasis in the right places - and that the unpredictability comes in is a testament to how well hidden the conspiracies are. Tyrion has no idea Shae is sleeping with his dad and his dad is the whoremonger he always told his son not to be. But it was there, the context was there, you could piece it together afterwards.

Characters like Ramsey and the Sand Snakes are so one dimensional that when they do something brutal or stupid (respectively), it's kind of predictable in a nonsensical way. Walda gives birth to a newborn, trueborn son? It's no surprise Ramsey kills everyone - and the point is, it's so obvious, everyone else should have seen it. The Sand Snakes hatch a conspiracy to kidnap Myrcella and possibly harm Trystane, and then the next season both Myrcella and Trystane magically die and Jaime doesn't know what happened?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Because GoT's CGI is very noticeable, often times detracts from the experience because it is, and usually looks like it belonged in a B-movie from the late 90's or early 2000's. For a series whose lack of constant magic is supposed to make the magical moments even more so, it comes off as a special effects failure (see Dany riding the dragons - my God it's horrendous).
    There's something wrong with the mouths of the dragons in the CGI, imo. Their teeth just look....dumb? IDK. They seem too toothy.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for the rumor that was going around that Varys was a figment of Tyrion's imagination: It certainly seems like Missandei and Grey Worm were reacting/answering Varys in this episode, unless they're doing one of those things where Tyrion is saying aloud Varys's lines so that he looks a bit crazy to the two of them, but they just brush it under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    There's something wrong with the mouths of the dragons in the CGI, imo. Their teeth just look....dumb? IDK. They seem too toothy.
    Looks like I'll have to link my named example apparently.

CGI shadowbabies come to mind; looks like it came out of Dragonslayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear, sooner or later, you guys are gonna complain about the colour of the carpets...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

I felt that was very well foreshadowed, that was one of the least surprising things!

Deleted
    I wonder if Jon will come back in the books, the same way he did in the TV show. I expected the red woman to somehow bring him back when I finished reading Dance. But now that it happened in the tv show I'm not so sure what to think, since it's gone completely off track.

This episode also strengthened a theory I had about Tyrion actually being a Targaryen. I wonder...

Sign, I hope Martin gets a move on. He's about as lazy as they come - almost as lazy as Rothfuss...
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-05-03 at 12:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    My thought on Arya, maybe it is not about her being "no one", but about being "everyone". I mean the faceless ones worship the Many-Faces God. And when you are everyone, you end up being no one.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    I wonder if Jon will come back in the books, the same way he did in the TV show. I expected the red woman to somehow bring him back when I finished reading Dance. But now that it happened in the tv show I'm not so sure what to think, since it's gone completely off track.

This episode also strengthened a theory I had about Tyrion actually being a Targaryen. I wonder...

Sign, I hope Martin gets a move on. He's about as lazy as they come - almost as lazy as Rothfuss...
    I would not say he's lazy. He is a perfectionnist though.

Somehow, I think it could happen just that way in the book. It's understated. There's no rising in the blazing funeral pyre. No salt and fire. Jon has risen. People at the Wall will wonder what happened. And the rest of the Realm wont even bother (because they never knew Jon was dead in the first place). Some will think that he's Azor Ahai (but where's his flaming sword), some will believe that the Seven sent him, some will believe whatever they want. Some wont give a sh*. I think it's in the spirit of Martin's writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    My thought on Arya, maybe it is not about her being "no one", but about being "everyone". I mean the faceless ones worship the Many-Faces God. And when you are everyone, you end up being no one.
    I hope Arya will never become "no one".
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    I know, I know, but there's some people bound to think it. I just found it funny to comment that. The dragons probably saw it as an opportunity to get out of the shackles, that's it.
    While that scene had no effect whatsoever on my view of Tyrion's parentage, it's already set up pretty well who they really are. No "confirmation" necessary.

One thing i didn't understand about the latest episode was how the High Sparrow and his men were freely able to surround the King and Jamie. If they wanted to they could have killed them both and left, where exactly was all of the guards and king guards?