Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Women using make-up to make themselves look better is different from using make-up and plastic surgery to make a man look like a woman. Of course this is all beside the point where it has nothing to do with the disorder where people think that they are the opposite sex.
    It does not make a man look like a woman, it makes a person of female gender look like a person of female sex. And also it makes the person look like something they aren't.

You are really grasping at straws here, mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    There is no need to guess; almost any person in a social situation will see her as a female. So what does it matter what she was born as and what chromosomes she has? She is a woman, it is as clear as day - just look at her face. She is not an outlier either, just a minority.

*sighs* You can say that about any cosmetic cream, or a lipstick, or hair paint. Do you say that? Something tells me not.
    Sure, that'd be fine and all as long as she operates on that 'I am a woman' premise and doesn't function as some sort of deluded moonbat.

The argument is never about what they're born as, it's what they do, say and advocate that is the concern. There's already far too much confusion in the world just grasping and figuring out those things that are mutable and open to interpretation. We shouldn't be pushing further confusion by mainstreaming these peoples' RP fun as a social norm and social factor to base real behavior around.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    But your statement that there is no treatment is incorrect, there is a treatment for trans people already.
    A treatment is something that makes an issue go away returning the person to proper healthy state. Going with it - is not treatment. it's living with the issue. You know like having a wheelchair when you lose both legs.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

If you claim something it should be backed by evidence, if the evidence is unconvincing then it should be rejected

If i identify as a cat and tell someone that i am a cat and they reject it, they are being intelligent and rejecting something that is clearly unconvincing, i dont understand why its frowned upon today to do the same to transgender people!

This identity bullshit needs to stop, if someone says they are a cat, accept that that may be what they think, but also accept that they are wrong, and there should be absolutely no pressure on the individual to accept or accommodate these delusions.

Gender is decided by chromosomes, if you have a y chromosome, you are male, if not then you are female. Anything else is quite simply delusional and nobody should be forced to accept whats not true

Why is privacy from the opposite sex important?
    Traditionally, to avoid sexual immorality, as well as the fact that people just didn't want to use the restroom in the presence of the opposite sex. People still don't really want to do that. There are exceptions of course, but by and large people prefer privacy in the restroom still, no matter how many agenda driven SJWs try to pretend otherwise.

It does not make a man look like a woman, it makes a person of female gender look like a person of female sex. And also it makes the person look like something they aren't.

You are really grasping at straws here, mate.
    Now here is where you are talking nonsense again. If you are female sex, you are female gender. If you are male sex, you are male gender. You can't be male in terms of sex and female in terms of gender. My rejection of your nonsense isn't me grasping at straws. You making up things that aren't real (or rather, are merely pretend); I would call that grasping at straws.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-05-02 at 10:59 PM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    dafk

people dictate social policy all the time
    All for the best, you're implying?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    A treatment is something that makes an issue go away returning the person to proper healthy state. Going with it - is not treatment. it's living with the issue. You know like having a wheelchair when you lose both legs.
    So since there's no way to restore the legs, better to not "pander" to them and just let them suffer right? We really need to stop wasting all that money on wheelchair access.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't even remotely close to true.
    Oh really? Inform the medics! They are doing it wrong.

So women need the privacy to not have men in bathrooms at all, but men pulling their dicks out in the open to pee in a urinal is fine?

No i think we are all grown ups who have lived with the opposite sex, and could deal with it just fine if society and ourselves for that matter didn't tell us it was really scary.
    It really isn't that big a deal once you get used to it. I've mentioned this in other threads, but I play ice hockey recreationally. There are two options for me: Cram my bag wtih all of my equipment into a women's bathroom, change there, and forego any shower or stuff like that afterwards, not to mention any team talking in the locker rooms, or just change in the men's room with everyone else. I chose the latter. It was awkward for about a week, maybe, and then everyone got used to it. I've seen plenty of dick, and they've seen my boobage and lady bits. There have been no snide remarks, no stares, no groping, and no nothing. I'm just another player there. If people can be okay with that, there's no reason people can't get with the program with unisex restrooms, where there's world's more privacy.

That is a strange criterion.
    Bringing transgender into this kinda hurts the argument for crazy third genders or cat or attack helicopter even if they dont understand. Does the person in your picture identify as a third gender or an object or another species. The answer is no, she/he is still bound to a two gender system. In which id say could pass as a nice women.

All for the best, you're implying?
    no?

its necessary

everyone has to agree to rules and guidelines of society otherwise society doesnt exist

and in order for rules and guidelines to exist someone needs to make them

this isnt groundbreaking stuff here man

Who you accept is up to you, as long as you don't discriminate against anyone. Why does what other people identify as bother you so much?

So if this guy above is about to go to jail and decides he identifies as female and has always felt that way, do they automatically toss him in jail at the women's prison? It would be unfair and discriminatory to tell him, "No you're a man, so you go to men's prison."

Do people really not see the issue here? You're free to identify as whatever the hell you want. It doesn't make you so, and society doesn't have to treat you as so either. Wishful thinking doesn't change reality. If you are born to two human parents, and your genetic structure comes out with 23 pairs ending in XY at the end, you are a genetic, human male, plain and simple. You are free to identify as whatever you want, but at the end of the day you are a genetic human male, not a female wolf that sometimes also identifies as a non-sex table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Sure, that'd be fine and all as long as she operates on that 'I am a woman' premise and doesn't function as some sort of deluded moonbat.

The argument is never about what they're born as, it's what they do, say and advocate that is the concern. There's already far too much confusion in the world just grasping and figuring out those things that are mutable and open to interpretation. We shouldn't be pushing further confusion by mainstreaming these peoples' RP fun as a social norm and social factor to base real behavior around.
    There is no confusion. It is all really simple. Just need to get rid of the stigma "You are what you were born", because it is not true on any level.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    So if [IMG]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/gameofthrones/images/b/be/Gregor_Clegane_4x07.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140707234843[IMG] is about to go to jail and decides he identifies as female and has always felt that way, do they automatically toss him in jail at the women's prison? It would be unfair and discriminatory to tell him, "No you're a man, so you go to men's prison."
    It is not enough to just say "I identify as". I don't know why people think it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

So a really solid argument for privacy from the opposite sex here from Spinner. Anyone else here care to take a wack at it?
    Cmon Boomzy, sinking so low as to quote specific parts of my post while ignoring the rest? Are you really so desperate?

How about instead of dedicating your posts to attempting slander, you actually try to make a solid point for your side of the argument?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    So since there's no way to restore the legs, better to not "pander" to them and just let them suffer right? We really need to stop wasting all that money on wheelchair access.
    Wheelchair access is for the old people who can't walk because of OLD BONES. There are lots of them. You know people get old all the time.
    It is in no way for a few young cripples that there are. They are just lucky they have the same issue as old people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    no?

its necessary

everyone has to agree to rules and guidelines of society otherwise society doesnt exist

and in order for rules and guidelines to exist someone needs to make them

this isnt groundbreaking stuff here man
    That's all cool but my point still stands, no one knows what's best for society.

Its amazing that in the field of gender alone do some stop seeing objective reality and start looking at only a subjective experience. What we have here is a movement that has hijacked the definition of what gender is to suit their purposes, when what everyone meant was whether or not someone was born with a Y chromosome. I guess we could just start calling people XX or XY and then there would be no confusion in the matter, but the entire concept of a trans person is mental illness, attention seeking, and denial in a perfect storm of enabling by a society that either needs to not give a crap or tell people they need to accept what they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's probably the worst example you can think of, because the job of the medics is to treat a patient long enough until they can get to a hospital, not cure them. So you disproved your assertion with your own example, congrats.
    I interpret your use of semantics as you losing the argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheelchair access is for the old people who can't walk because of OLD BONES. There are lots of them. You know people get old all the time.
    It is in no way for a few young cripples that there are. They are just lucky they have the same issue as old people.
    Wow.... just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post

So if this guy above is about to go to jail and decides he identifies as female and has always felt that way, do they automatically toss him in jail at the women's prison? It would be unfair and discriminatory to tell him, "No you're a man, so you go to men's prison."

Do people really not see the issue here? You're free to identify as whatever the hell you want. It doesn't make you so, and society doesn't have to treat you as so either. Wishful thinking doesn't change reality. If you are born to two human parents, and your genetic structure comes out with 23 pairs ending in XY at the end, you are a genetic, human male, plain and simple. You are free to identify as whatever you want, but at the end of the day you are a genetic human male, not a female wolf that sometimes also identifies as a non-sex table.
    trust me

you dont want to even come close to the nightmare that is trans people in prisons

this has been such a huge problem for everyone involved, from the person all the way to the prosecutors, for a long, long time