Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I mean, I'm not trying to defend that attitude, far from it; but being fair: swap "Nost" for "Blizz" and "Source Code" for "any number of changes to the game over the last 8 years" and they wouldn't look amiss on the battlenet forums...
    True but the nost team has their hands tied and are trying to get something for the legacy fan base. Blizz has always had control of their content so people are irritated for being ignored. I support blizz and hope legion has a similar feel as vanilla, but also after all this conversation I probably would try vanilla again with friends if the option was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Before the closing of Nostalrius and all that has happened since, would anyone have predicted Blizzard would be meeting with a private server team? Seriously?! Because I sure as hell never thought this could happen! That's the kind of stuff I'd have expected to see on April 1st maybe.
    Hell yeah, before this, anyone that would post about legacy servers would usually get trolled with that weak ass "Wall of No" and then the other typical bad responses like "we need the game to go forward!" So going from that and blizzard saying "you think you do but you don't" to now, where we are seeing a petition with 250,000 signatures, countless youtuber's and twitch streamers getting the attention of blizz, the Lead Developer of the original WoW getting involved, and now blizzard is meeting the Nost team, a HUGE amount of progress has been made.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    When neither side of the argument has any proof, all you can do is provide reasoning for your opinion. I've never tried to argue my personal opinion is fact but I have provided a lot of reasoning for the way I feel about the subject. Whether people choose to agree with my reasoning is entirely up to them but I don't feel like flat out deleting my posts simply because I don't agree with the hivemind would be the best way to handle this discussion.
    Maybe in a public forums like this, but not on a forums for a specific cause.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Hell yeah, before this, anyone that would post about legacy servers would usually get trolled with that weak ass "Wall of No" and then the other typical bad responses like "we need the game to go forward!" So going from that and blizzard saying "you think you do but you don't" to now, where we are seeing a petition with 250,000 signatures, countless youtuber's and twitch streamers getting the attention of blizz, the Lead Developer of the original WoW getting involved, and now blizzard is meeting the Nost team, a HUGE amount of progress has been made.
    The issue before was people weren't standing tall. There was a lot of people, you could have massive discussions about it just in trade chats. But now that people aren't just backing down and a lot of people standing together it's a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    There are asshats on both side, don't think otherwise
    Yup. It's been a two way street full of wrecks every time asshats from both directions collide head-on.

Its a waste of cash and if they are gonna add soemthing with nostal they need to do something like must have regular sub + pay a extra fee. No way in hell that regular wow should suffer and lose resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    /yawn this is just getting old. Putting me to sleep.
    Nothing wrong with some zzz, nor an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Nothing wrong with some zzz, nor an observation.
    Touche.

/10

Maybe in a public forums like this, but not on a forums for a specific cause.
    I'd agree with you if they also deleted all of the posts by people who are clearly upset the source code wasn't being released. I just don't like the mods picking and choosing which criticism they want to display. It seems a bit utilitarian to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    You keep repeating this, yet noone here believes that at all. As for LFR/LFD, it did have a role in ruining the game, but it was also the cross realm. There are plenty of people who share this opinion, that aren't Pro-Legacy.
    Sure, just like there are plenty of people with the opinion(s) that flying or no flying ruined the game, or garrisons ruined the game, or removing the spec tree ruined the game, or that times changing ruined the game, that group finder in general ruined the game. The list goes on. Doesn't make any opinion on the matter less relevant, but it's safe to assume everything that has happened in the game has ruined the game in some fashion. After all, you can't please everyone. Some changes have more impact than others, but just (for instance, I'm not of this opinion) say Blizzard made Legion more like classic: long quests, a mob which requires most of your life to kill, no flying except FP's, no more LFR/LFG, and no more cross realm; and the subs fell far more than they did in Cata or Mop or WoD, then THAT change would be what people are talking about ruining the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'd agree with you if they also deleted all of the posts by people who are clearly upset the source code wasn't being released. I just don't like the mods picking and choosing which criticism they want to display. It seems a bit utilitarian to me.
    The problem is its Nost's website and, much like a campaign, there is usually a control to what gets released. It would be different if it was a site like mmo-c that is neutral and allows all posts (within reason) to remain on both sides, but it's not that kind of site, so it's to be expected to see them regulating what is posted to build the hype.
    The reverse remains of someone made an anti-Nost site, there would probably be deleted posts about anything people felt they did right or praises to them.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    The problem is that by making the leveling process too easy, you just eliminated a huge portion of the game. And I think everyone here can agree, no matter what your stance is on Nostalrius, that the leveling process has been oversimplified and neutered in just about every way possible. You level up to 15 in no time doing quests in your starting area, and from there just stay in the city and queue for dungeons. If you feel like questing, you can, but you never really get to see the zones to their full extent, because you level up out of them half way through.

So essentially the game has content, but by making it server real purpose, nobody really counts it as content. You have no need to even do stuff like level professions because you can just use garrisons for that. The rep grinds provide nothing of value unless you want some old world mounts... but that's it.

By itself IMO that's already a really awful move. But when you consider the max level content trivializes the previous tier, I think we get a pretty good picture on how players are running out of thing sto do so fast. As for the questing experience offering "nothing interesting", that's a pretty debatable subject. In vanilla the questing experience had a huge element of socializing in it, mainly so you could finish certain quests and do dungeons, that in itself was one of the most fun parts of the game. Factor in world pvp (which is also missing from retail), I can see how you can say "questing is boring".... the thing is, it was the opposite in vanilla.
    Regarding questing, I'd call it a flaw in how it's handled. It's one area that (whether one likes the game as a whole or not) Guild Wars 2 works masterfully. I've leveled every class in that game to 80, and every single time it was a different path. Some characters I focused on the Norn/snowy areas, others the charr areas, etc. If the way Legion areas handle levels/leveling were applied to the rest of the outdoor content in the world, it could make for one helluva giant play pen for things to be happening and things to do.

Questing, in WoW specifically, is boring to me personally simply because I've done it dozens of times in the past. The LFD tool + heirloom gear pretty much ended any participation from me in leveling zones. Speed and convenience, even though I've run low level dungeons hundreds of times each (possibly thousands for some of them). Path of least resistance, but also not exactly what I'd call the most fun, nor ideal. The leveling speed also makes catch up mechanics for professions a god send; trying to level them up as you level your character now is an exercise in aggravation. But the WoD way is...way too simple. So simple it's to the effect of "why fucking bother with professions at all until Draenor".

The world (of warcraft) does need some love.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Its a waste of cash and if they are gonna add soemthing with nostal they need to do something like must have regular sub + pay a extra fee. No way in hell that regular wow should suffer and lose resources.
    Maybe not so strong a suggestion, but I do feel that there should be a different sub associated. If people desire to play classic, have them buy a discounted version (maybe something like $5-10) and their own separate sub fee. It's kind of a fine line and not sure how fair it would be to all involved.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2016-05-02 at 11:20 PM.

So besides the insessant bitching from both sides...did we learn anything about the meeting?
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    So besides the insessant bitching from both sides...did we learn anything about the meeting?
    Blizzard sent their best assassins. Nostalrius team will never be heard of again.

Great, thanks boss.
    All hail hy...blizzard.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

The issue before was people weren't standing tall. There was a lot of people, you could have massive discussions about it just in trade chats. But now that people aren't just backing down and a lot of people standing together it's a bit different.
    Nostalrius is being promoted as a symbol for the disconnect between the gamer and the Gaming industry, which is why I believe people are getting behind it now more than ever. A part of me honestly believes Blizzard is meeting with the Nostalrius team specifically to remove this symbol and get things back to the way they were, splintered and voiceless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    I thought they didn't have a meeting yet? Just plans to meet (maybe even a date). But I could confuse them with Mark Kern, who didn't meet with Morhaim yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Maybe not so strong a suggestion, but I do feel that there should be a different sub associated. If people desire to play classic, have them buy a discounted version (maybe something like $5-10) and their own separate sub fee. It's kind of a fine line and not sure how fair it would be to all involved.
    Totally cool with this.

I'd gladly pay a $30 reservation and $20 a month. Just waiting for Blizzard to finally shut up and take my money.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I'm very excited to see what comes from Nostalrius meeting with Blizz!
    "Hi, thanks for coming. We're very interested in this cheat-detection system you've put together, and would like to talk to you about it, and about the possibility of purchasing it from you for use on our live and new pristine realms. By the way, thank you for shutting down your server in compliance with the C&D. We have no plans to introduce legacy realms, but we are quite interested in your cheat-detection system."

That should about sum it up.
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    "Hi, thanks for coming. We're very interested in this cheat-detection system you've put together, and would like to talk to you about it, and about the possibility of purchasing it from you for use on our live and new pristine realms. By the way, thank you for shutting down your server in compliance with the C&D. We have no plans to introduce legacy realms, but we are quite interested in your cheat-detection system."

That should about sum it up.

"No problem, enjoy the newly pissed off portion of your playerbase in addition to the private-servers that will pop up in our wake"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    At the risk of being called a cheapskate and a pirate and a thief, I'm going to say that legacy should probably be buy to play. I would imagine it'd be better for blizzards end as well. If the main concern is that people aren't going to play for very long, then having a higher entry fee and no subscription model makes sense. Also makes more sense to the player, since the deal is kind of that you get no updates, ever.