Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Who you accept is up to you, as long as you don't discriminate against anyone. Why does what other people identify as bother you so much?

This doesn't really answer my question, sorry.
    Because you cannot identify as a cat. The fact you are even trying to justify it, speaks volumes of your mental capacity, or the lack thereof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That's all cool but my point still stands, no one knows what's best for society.
    ok.

but that doesnt answer my question of what should society do in order to alleviate the stress caused by this very real issue

That's all cool but my point still stands, no one knows what's best for society.
    So then why are people trying to pretend that changing it for the sake of change is going to help?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Its amazing that in the field of gender alone do some stop seeing objective reality and start looking at only a subjective experience. What we have here is a movement that has hijacked the definition of what gender is to suit their purposes, when what everyone meant was whether or not someone was born with a Y chromosome. I guess we could just start calling people XX or XY and then there would be no confusion in the matter, but the entire concept of a trans person is mental illness, attention seeking, and denial in a perfect storm of enabling by a society that either needs to not give a crap or tell people they need to accept what they are.
    Have you ever talked to a trans person? You would realize how deeply wrong you are a few minutes into a conversation. There is no "attention seeking"; there is the opposite - they want to just not be treated like fifth class citizens. Well, maybe some of them are attention seekers; no group of people is flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Because you cannot identify as a cat. The fact you are even trying to justify it, speaks volumes of your mental capacity, or the lack thereof.
    Yes you can. It doesn't make it true, but you, in fact, can identify as a cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

And its called a mental disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    your argument was on point
    Why thank you Boomzy! You're so kind.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

It is not enough to just say "I identify as". I don't know why people think it is.
    What would you want him to do to prove it?

If he truely identified as a cat, then why is he doing human things? Because he can't and doesn't identify as a damn cat. The fact you are even trying to justify it as a real condition is laughable.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Genital mutilation, cosmetic surgery and fucking around with hormones does not seem like a good course of treatment to a mental disorder to me personally. It's like enabling anorexia, or body dysmorphia instead of treating it. Just my opinion on the matter, no hate here.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Wow.... just wow.
    2/3 of all the wheelchair users in USA are elderly, just an example.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    So if this guy above is about to go to jail and decides he identifies as female and has always felt that way, do they automatically toss him in jail at the women's prison? It would be unfair and discriminatory to tell him, "No you're a man, so you go to men's prison."
    In the person in question's case what should happen is that they would go to men's prison but be allowed to seek treatment, after the treatment gets sufficiently along as determined by medical experts they would be transferred to a woman's prison. That system while imperfect (the person is question would be in danger while in men's prison) is far superior to the current system which varies wildly depending where you are.

And just so you know there is a lot more complexity in regards to sex than what is taught in grade school.

Triggered.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

10+ Year Old Account
    If he truely identified as a cat, then why is he doing human things? Because he can't and doesn't identify as a damn cat. The fact you are even trying to justify it as a real condition is laughable.
    Well, it's a real condition in that it exists if someone wants it to. Whether or not it's acceptable is a different question.

10+ Year Old Account
    2/3 of all the wheelchair users in USA are elderly, just an example.
    I'm not disputing the facts, but rather your answer to the question has made me realise why you think as you do on this issue. It's fascinating.

1. I don't care, Spinner.
    2. I didn't alter your words at all, and you clearly altered mine, so you know that's different.
    But I linked your quote, the rest is in the link after all. Plus anyone can go up a few posts and see what you actually said. So why should it matter that what it shows in the quote of my post isn't representative of your whole thought?

There are treatments for anorexia though, and it also has much more severe effects on the body than any transitional surgery will ever have.
    And anorexia is an actual medical problem, that can actually threaten your health and your life. 'Feeling' like you are a woman is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    What would you want him to do to prove it?
    My desires are irrelevant. In many countries, AFAIK, you need to either start the transitioning procedure officially, or complete it. You won't be able to, if you are in custody and about to go to jail.

Once again, I was simply refuting your claim that a person cannot identify as a cat. I didn't try to "justify" it. Are you talking to someone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    And just so you know there is a lot more complexity in regards to sex than what is taught in grade school.
    The complexity is nearly infinite, because human brains are plastic. Which is why I'm consistently surprised when people continue to demand that we label and differentiate by strict boundaries, as if certain attractions and identifications are mutually exclusive. Trans individuals are just as guilty of this as most others.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Well, it's a real condition in that it exists if someone wants it to. Whether or not it's acceptable is a different question.
    If it was a real condition, they would be acting like a cat, doing cat things. More like someone is trolling, and morons are falling for it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    ok.

but that doesnt answer my question of what should society do in order to alleviate the stress caused by this very real issue
    I did answer it. Here's a counter-question: Should it now? I don't know. You don't know, no one knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    So then why are people trying to pretend that changing it for the sake of change is going to help?
    I can't believe you don't know the answer to that question.
    It's not semantics it's you literally disproving your point. If you think treatment = cure, you are wrong, demonstrably, and demonstrated by your own scenario.
    Again with semantics. Stop pretending you don't understand what I'm talking about. you already lost the argument.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

There is no confusion. It is all really simple. Just need to get rid of the stigma "You are what you were born", because it is not true on any level.

It is not enough to just say "I identify as". I don't know why people think it is.
    It's true on every level. Anything else or extra is a mask, a construct of the person. You cannot escape what you were born as, though you can play at being other things for your own amusement.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was a real condition, they would be acting like a cat, doing cat things. More like someone is trolling, and morons are falling for it.
    It's not a logical requirement to act as what you identify with.

I mean come on, acting is a thing.