Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's like the modern equivalent of reading someone's diary.

Some people are okay with it and some aren't. Doesn't mean they're up to something if they don't like it or they're innocent if they are fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisboss View Post
    why do men have problem with gf looking in their phone? why get so angry if you check their phone if they are away?
    It's a sign she doesn't trust you and if she doesn't trust you **** her. At the same time if my wife needs to use my phone, like when I let her handle reading and answering text while I drive, i don't sweat anything because I have nothing to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's a sign she doesn't trust you and if she doesn't trust you **** her. At the same time if my wife needs to use my phone, like when I let her handle reading and answering text while I drive, i don't sweat anything because I have nothing to hide.
    I can understand that. I guess if I left the room, and came back and my g/f was just thumbing through my phone, I would have some questions. But in the end, I wouldn't be too upset about it. For one, I know for a fact that my g/f trusts me and has no reason at all not to. So my first instinct wouldn't be that she is spying on me. And secondly, it wouldn't matter to me as I have nothing to hide from her.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were in a relationship I wouldn't mind my girlfriend was looking in my phone because I'm not that kind of guy to be cheating on my partner. We should be open to everything and know everything about each other. Should be no secrets between us. What would be annoying though if she never left me check her phone but she thinks it's ok to check mine. If you're going to be nosy and look in my phone then I'm going to do the same to yours.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a girlfriend, but if I had, I suppose I wouldn't be comfortable with her just looking through my phone or an iPad without asking me first; these things contain a lot of private information, and while I would have no secrets from her, I still would expect some kind of privacy "by default".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    My gf also checks my phone but i still feel she trusts me.

She just wants to know what my friends are saying or what is going on in the groups im in

And if she does want to check up on me, i dont realy care.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

If someones rooting through your phone that it shows a lack of trust.

My ex-gf was super jealous and paranoid and would always look through my phone, which led to me having to explain any random number i may have called three weeks ago. As someone who worked a job where I had to call co-workers throughout the country for help with issues, this made it really hard to remember every single call I made. I didn't have anything to hide, never even thought about cheating on her. Even turned town girls that hit on me. Yet I had a major problem with her doing it because it showed she had zero trust in me.

My current girlfriend can see my phone any time she wants. Hell, half the time I hand her my phone to take calls and reply to texts if I'm driving. But she doesn't, and I don't look through hers. Because we have a healthy relationship where we trust each other.

So if you're asking why people have a problem with it, then I'm betting you either A) haven't been in a relationship with a super jealous person where you have to explain EVERY little thing you do or B) Are someone who is does it themselves.

Deleted
    women here, think that behavior is controlling and hate it. wouldn't do it to my hubby for the same reason. fuck trust, i don't give a crap if i am trusted and I myself trust nobody, but hell, i want my privacy and independence respected and respect the privacy and independence of others. They don't own me and I don't own them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I dunno, invasion of privacy maybe?

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't care 99.9% of the time, but once in a while I'll text a friend something along the lines of 'I can't wait to have a weekend alone because the woman is driving me crazy' if she's going out of town or something, and that would piss her off a bit. Not doing anything non-trustworthy, but sometimes there's some things she's better off not reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Because then they'll see all your side chicks.

they will never find my draenei slave dungeon.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Because I don't want her finding my wife's cell phone number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Because I don't want her finding my wife's cell phone number.
    cheating on your wife. stay classy.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    cheating on your wife. stay classy.
    It was a joke. Stay mad.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a joke. Stay mad.
    i'm not mad. but you keep thinking that cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i'm not mad. but you keep thinking that cupcake.
    Whatever you need to tell yourself champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you need to tell yourself champ.
    lol that one actually made me laugh. mostly at you but it still made me laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Main reason? I will vent to a friend about an argument my gf and I had or something. My conversations with my friends are private, they say things under the assumption that she will not read/hear what they said and vice versa.

She has to trust me in the fact that the only thing I am hiding is how I may talk with someone else when I am mad or something like that. I trust her as well, I may look at her phone for games/pictures but that is it. I won't browse or snoop through conversations and I expect the same. If we aren't on the same page then we might as well move on to someone else. I could delete my conversations and I do often but sometimes I forget and I rather not have to worry about stuff.

My girlfriends don't have a code to my phone.

My wife does.

I usually don't show her pictures from one of the girlfriends because that girlfriend typically sends the pictures to both of us at once (they are dating, too).

The pictures from/with the other girlfriend are only shared with permission, on both sides (with my wife, or her husband).

Really, good communication will eliminate a *lot* of potential drama.

And, yeah, I expect somebody to call me a damned liar. That's cool. I just wanted to put forth a different view of things.

Deleted
    I don't, I have nothing to hide.